Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #1
alyricalmind
Bat Boy

Player ratings are different on player profile and scouting tab

Good evening,

First time posting....EVER!

I've played OOTP for 12 years, and this is the first version I've had this issue with and it's making it unplayable.

The ratings for almost everyone are completely different on the Player Card Profile tab and the Scouting tab. I have no Idea which one to believe when making trades, drafting or signing people. Even on the same day that I get the Development update the ratings are different.

It's not evaluating them as a different position, or a SP vs RP. Its not evaluating them vs. a different league. The ratings are just completely different.

Will gladly provide screenshots if needed.

Has anyone else found a way to make the ratings match, or have insight into which ratings I should be paying attention too the most?

Thank you!
alyricalmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
SxSnts9
Minors (Double A)

Unfortunately this is a known issue that the devs can't seem to work out. There are a few forum posts about it already if you want to search through the archives. It's frustrating, but apparently there is no fix right now.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

The issue is that in the scouting report the overall grade is a different position than what the player is actually. So the profile score is always a dynamic score based on whatever position the player is listed at.

Does this make sense?
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:03 PM   #4
ederemer
Minors (Single A)

I think if you uncheck the option for making all ratings relative to MLB it fixes the issue - might be remembering incorrectly though.
ederemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
The issue is that in the scouting report the overall grade is a different position than what the player is actually. So the profile score is always a dynamic score based on whatever position the player is listed at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederemer View Post
I think if you uncheck the option for making all ratings relative to MLB it fixes the issue - might be remembering incorrectly though.
I remember that discussion, after which I turned off this setting for another reason:

Name:  mlb_history_1903-09-03_13-46-19.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  195.3 KB

I took these notes at the time; I believe the speaker was primarily Matt Arnold:
Quote:
League Relative Ratings

Relative ratings on or off will have an effect, even if you only have one league in your game.

With relative ratings off, you always see the raw ratings without regard to how they rank with other players in the league. With relative ratings on, a player's rating will change depending on the league average values.

So for example, in the Dead Ball Era and with relative ratings on, a batter with a very low Power rating of 25 on a scale of 1-250 will be rated highly in Power because the vast majority of batters in that era are rated in Power with single digits. Turning off relative ratings shows the true poor Power rating of this batter, although it may be only slightly better than other batters.

Which one you like more? That's a personal decision. Sometimes it can be annoying to see everyone clustered with all low stuff ratings and can be hard to distinguish, but then at other times, relative ratings may exaggerate differences.
I'm very happy now with scout ratings in 1903 for that reason and I haven't noticed any rating differences between Player Card Profile tab and the Scouting tab.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 05-26-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote