Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 05-13-2019, 12:37 AM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Stomp Ground Field Request?

One of the most quirky ballparks that has been unfortunately been taken out of the MLB: The Show Series was Stomp Ground Field. It had extremely cozy dimensions, with only a 365 distance to CF, while it was only 340 to the left and right field lines. This is unfortunately the only picture I have of the field, but I managed to make a top-down view via the Park Generator website (both pictures attached to the post)

I'm wondering if anybody would want to take on creating a 3D model of the stadium? My plan is to use it for a fictional league I'm doing, and using it for the team I have in Key West (they don't have a lot of space, so those kind of dimensions would fit a park like that, imo). Not a lot of crowd space, as I believe it only goes to the end of the bullpens near the foul poles, but it could be an interesting project if anyone wants to take it up!

(All 8-foot walls)
Left Line: 340
LF: 346
LCF: 377
CF: 365
RCF: 377
RF: 346
Right Line: 340
Attached Images
Image Image 

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #2
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Actually taking it upon myself to try this out, and it's actually going quite good so far. Here's my progress so far (it's still early), looking at the stands (which I created from scratch) and field. Just need to find a good scoreboard I could use for the outfield, create the batter's eye, and find a way to create a bullpen area in foul territory, but other than that, I think things are going well. Thoughts?
Attached Images

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Last edited by dishnet34; 05-18-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Looks good so far. Much better than my pitiful attempt. Keep it up.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

That's great progress, particularly for the first time!
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #5
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vibert View Post
That's great progress, particularly for the first time!
Thanks! I've actually made a 3D stadium in the past, based in Hawaii, so I have a little experience, but this is my first time doing something like this in a couple of years, lol.

(The other stadium, for the record: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=278882)

Old 05-18-2019, 07:59 PM   #6
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Thing's starting to come together a little better now. The batter's eye is just darkened gray glass, and I used silvam's light tower texture from his texture pack.

The last thing I want to ask is that I'm not quite sure how to do 3D crowds. Is there a tutorial on that?
Attached Images

Last edited by dishnet34; 05-18-2019 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Found the infield textures!
Old 05-19-2019, 12:41 AM   #7
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Well, I have the stadium designed and good to go, affectionately nicknamed "Southernmost Point" because of its perceived location in Key West, Florida.

However, I do want to request a little help with getting the park auto-adjusted to the grid, because apparently I can't do it without the park disappearing on me.

Here's a Google Drive link to the park's folder, prk file, SketchUp file and more if you're interested in helping out!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A25...ew?usp=sharing
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2019, 08:02 AM   #8
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Likely one of two issues.

1) Your axis is not set to the base of home plate.

2) If it is, you may need to import the model into a brand new Sketchup and lineup homeplate with the pre-existing axis and save and import all over again. I have had to do this a few times.

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isedelyod View Post
Likely one of two issues.

1) Your axis is not set to the base of home plate.

2) If it is, you may need to import the model into a brand new Sketchup and lineup homeplate with the pre-existing axis and save and import all over again. I have had to do this a few times.
I know my axis was lined up with the pointy end of home plate, but I'll certainly give the second option a try. Would I still need to rotate it so the red and green axes line up with the foul lines, or just straight up align it with home plate and not rotate?

Old 05-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #10
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Rotate the field so the red and green axis are on the foul lines, blue axis straight up from point of home plate.

My older mods-

Old 05-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #11
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes when I am in the game and placing the three points (home, first and third), I sometimes find it easier to flip the model upside down and place them on the bottom of the model (if that makes sense?).

My older mods-

Old 05-22-2019, 07:41 PM   #12
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Yeah, I'm still having no luck.

Then again, for some reason, I've never been able to auto-adjust any grid to any of my custom parks. I can always get the point on home plate, but when I press 2 or 3 to put the dots on first and third, they never show up. I don't know how, I don't know why, but this has always been a thing between both computers I've tried it with.

I'm stumped. I really am. I could show you a video to prove what's going on.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #13
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

If you could upload your model to a server and publish a link, Ised or I could take a look and see if we can figure out what's happening. Would that be helpful?
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:14 PM   #14
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
If you could upload your model to a server and publish a link, Ised or I could take a look and see if we can figure out what's happening. Would that be helpful?
Yep. I posted it earlier in the thread, but here's the link again. I'm not trying to sound desperate (and if I am, I apologize - I didn't mean it to be that way), but it just has never worked for me. It would be greatly appreciated

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A25...ew?usp=sharing

Old 05-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #15
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

I will try and have a look later tonite.

My older mods-

Old 05-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #16
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Rotate the field so the red and green axis are on the foul lines, blue axis straight up from point of home plate.
Do you ever just use the Axis tool in Sketchup to re-draw the axis?
Old 05-27-2019, 01:26 PM   #17
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Yep, have done that but there are still instances when that does not seem to fix the issue and I have had to import the file into a new Sketchup and manually drag the field to the right location on the axis (although I don't think I ever simply re-drew the axis when doing it this way, which would likely work as it is a new file with nothing else to mess things up).

I am guessing the issue is, especially when converting pre-exisiting models from the 3DWarehouse, there are often numerous models within the file that all have their own axis, and perhaps the game is not picking up the home plate axis.

My older mods-

Old 05-27-2019, 01:27 PM   #18
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

PS- I never got around to looking at your stadium, the weekend got away from me!

My older mods-

Old 05-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #19
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
PS- I never got around to looking at your stadium, the weekend got away from me!
No worries, man. I know the feeling! Let me know when you get a chance to take a look.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #20
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Bumping. Anyone want to take a look at my stadium and see what's wrong with it and why I can't get the park to auto-adjust to the grid?