Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 03-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Attention Ozzie sellers

One of you might want to try a price BELOW 16,000. No one is going to bother bidding 16,000 when there is a BIN many hours from now at 16,000. The first buyer is going to take that one. There may not be more than one buyer right now.

If someone wants to list at the average all-time of 12,500, I will buy it tonight (now). Make it a bid price and I will bid. You are guaranteed at least that much and maybe it will start a bidding war.

Name:  ozzie.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  63.1 KB

Last edited by Orcin; 03-01-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:37 PM   #2
gemini615
All Star Reserve

People tend to do the same thing when they post the 69 Ichiro card. Personally, I always check how many cards are posted, what is the time remaining on those cards, and what is the price. Otherwise you get no buyers.
It's ebay 101.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Yeah ive noticed a lot of cards being posted with obnoxious start/BINs (like 25%+ over the average).

I dont know what the point is, maybe the sellers are just fishing for a massive sale and not really worried about selling the card immediately. Most of these cards dont seem to sell though from what I can tell.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

With the more rare cards (so not necessarily Ozzie in this case), it might make some amount of sense to up the price since there won't likely be any competition for quite some time for that specific card.

And if they don't have to have the points immediately, then they can afford to be patient, I suppose...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:29 PM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

One of the sellers came down to 14,000 as a bid price with a 16k BIN and it sold. I didn't bid on it so I am not sure if it went for the BIN or not. The other two are gone now, so maybe they just expired. It does make sense to start high on a card where you are the only seller, especially one that is scarce.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:41 PM   #6
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

And in defense of the Ozzie sellers, they were all selling theirs for roughly market value based upon the last 5 averages, which was higher than the all time average.

Primary Team

Old 03-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #7
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
And in defense of the Ozzie sellers, they were all selling theirs for roughly market value based upon the last 5 averages, which was higher than the all time average.
I'm not sure how it could be considered smart to try to sell an Ozzie for 16000 start /20000 BIN when there is an Ozzie on the AH for 16000 BIN.

That was the original point. If you have the only one, go nuts. But I wouldn't count on 2-3 being sold, with the 2nd two being 4000 PP more expensive.

Unrelated, but is this card really worth about 20 times as much as a Simmons?

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-02-2019 at 06:06 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #8
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
That was the original point. If you have the only one, go nuts. But I wouldn't count on 2-3 being sold, with the 2nd two being 4000 PP more expensive.
I thought the original point was to acquire an Ozzie for below market value prices. My bad.

Quote:
In my opinion, there are a number of alternatives at SS that are better value purchases than Ozzie. I'm personally fond of the 78 OVR Vizquel card.

Primary Team

Old 03-02-2019, 07:20 PM   #9
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:

No it is not. Simmons hits lefties better by far and when I have run them together on same team, simmons is usually the better hitter. some seasons I actually use simmons as a backup vs lefties to spell the whole infield and he has had an OPS above 100. ozzie not so much.

Simmons has replaced Lindor for me as well. Lindor can't hit at diamond level or above in my experience. so no reason to pay 9 or 10 K for him.
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:36 PM   #10
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I decided to keep my Vizquel and let others pay the high price for Ozzie.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:57 PM   #11
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
No it is not. Simmons hits lefties better by far
Huh? HR maybe, that's it. Ozzie is also an elite runner.
Attached Images

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 03-02-2019 at 10:58 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #12
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

I still hold the record for selling it at the highest price back in January. There hadn't been one in the market for a while and I tried a nice round number (25,000) and it sold pdq.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I wasn't going to buy him since I thought he was overpriced, but a week or two ago I saw one for sub-10k and figured it was worth a bid. Maybe have been partly due to Lindor hitting like .180 and being -0.5 WAR on the season just before...
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #14
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

He is not worth 16k compared to Simmons or Vizquel or a Pesky platoon for way less.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #15
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Huh? HR maybe, that's it. Ozzie is also an elite runner.
According to your own spreadsheet, Simmons is rated 844th in OPS. Ozzie is rated 854th. Plus, Simmons is a better SS.

I use Simmons at SS and have Bobby Crosby as my utility IF, but he's rated 758th, so maybe I'll swap those two.

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-03-2019 at 05:37 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #16
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I just bought one at 13K for my second team, which is an all-Cardinals theme team. So at least one buyer decided to drop the price.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #17
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
According to your own spreadsheet, Simmons is rated 844th in OPS. Ozzie is rated 854th. Plus, Simmons is a better SS.

I use Simmons at SS and have Bobby Crosby as my utility IF, but he's rated 758th, so maybe I'll swap those two.
Bro...you aren't getting Ozzie or Simmons for their OPS. Ozzie's 18K may seem extreme, but it's a major value for an elite SS that can get on-base and then run wild on the bases. He's pretty much a prototypical leadoff hitter. There's a reason his card is 18K and it's not just because of name value. It's a very, very unique card with one real weakness - a 1 in POW - that isn't a dealbreaker when he's good at a lot of other things (defense, avoiding K's, running primarily).

The list of guys with SS defense over 90 that can get on-base at a decent rate, don't strike out much (becomes very important in Perfect), and run well is:
1) Ozzie

The list of players 85+ at SS that can get on base more often than Ozzie:
1) Perfect Boudreau
2) Arod 97

18K isn't close to enough to get those guys.

Besides Vizquel, the other Ozzie-lite player is Phil Rizzuto. Similar OBP v both handedness, a little bit lower speed, and a little bit lower defense. But, don't be fooled into thinking either is better than Ozzie.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 03-03-2019 at 11:00 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:47 PM   #18
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Besides Vizquel, the other Ozzie-lite player is Phil Rizzuto. Similar OBP v both handedness, a little bit lower speed, and a little bit lower defense. But, don't be fooled into thinking either is better than Ozzie.

Vizquel is roughly 25% of the price of Ozzie. Many people don't have unlimited resources, and there is a point of diminishing returns.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:26 AM   #19
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

If 15K Ozzie isn't your cup of tea, there's a Bronze live catcher up with a 999,999 BIN
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #20
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Yeah i think what he was getting at is - is Ozzie 15x better than Simmons? The answer is no. And even if he is better, is he 14k better if you can use that 14k elsewhere in your team? Ozzie is a small upgrade from Simmons in many regards from the looks of it.

I dont know this personally, since I never used Ozzie - but im going to find out since I just bought him to see how it goes and I use simmons at 3B anyways (where he has even better defense than SS).

For me Ive used Simmons extensively across multiple teams and he is always good for 3+ WAR even in a "bad" year, and multiple 4-5WAR seasons in Diamond across a handful of seasons on the one team where i had the game open.

So if you are flush with PP then give ozzie a whirl. But if you are just starting out or have a lot of areas to fill then perhaps simmons (or vizquel, or others like 83 Boudreaux is a good cheap option) are a better return on your PP, particularly if you dont have an already filled out rotation and good bullpen.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote