Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #1
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

Need help adjusting stats

Backed up the game to use as template, so will be starting over because of some serious base running, fielding, and WAR issues. I simulated 20 years using the 1972 stats to start and just left on league evolution to see what would happen. Everything is normal except for Errors, CS, CS%, and WAR.

Average catchers seem to throw out about 45% of baserunners in a year, and the single season record in 60.1%. 222 Baserunners thrown out by one catcher in one year, and there are 20 or so catchers that break 100 runners thrown out every year. Career record for caught stealing (baserunner) is 851 times. He stole 773 bases in his career and got thrown out 851 times.

As for WAR, there are already 25+ players with a 80+ career war in 20 seasons, and 8 guys with over 100, including 2 guys over 150.

Players regularly are making 30+ errors a year, and everyone on the top 10 is at 50+. 1922 league leader for errors is 61. 61 errors!

Anyone know what I can do so these stats are better next time? 162 game season - so games played is not an issue.
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #2
GPBBall
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm guessing just trial and error adjusting sliders

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
GPBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Despite the problematic results the real life leader in errors in 1922 was SS Dave Bancroft with 62.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 10-15-2018 at 08:22 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:47 PM   #4
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Despite the problematic results the real life leader in errors in 1922 was SS Dave Bancroft with 62.
wow - interesting! Was supposed to emulate 1972 stats but i'm 99.9% certain I botched that, any ideas on the SB issues?
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:38 PM   #5
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Depends on the ERA your playing in. Below is my all time SB leader (thru 1906) and the CS all time leader

SB

CS

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote