Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #21
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

playing as my hometown Bulldogs and #15 for them i nthe game is retired but someone on our roster is using that so im trying to unretire the number so when i go to click o nthe player that has the #15 retired the game crashed
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:20 AM   #22
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Ugh, I haven't played FHM since 2014. I hope that I won't experience the same amount of crashes as I did back then, lol.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:14 AM   #23
Peter G
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game Crashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Could you please upload the save, then we can look into it. Thanks!
I Sebastian I have uploaded my game it is NHL17.This is the second game I have got to and crashes on this date
Peter G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #24
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter G View Post
I Sebastian I have uploaded my game it is NHL17.This is the second game I have got to and crashes on this date
I continued that save to the end of the year without any crash by using the "continue" button. Did you use another way of continuing the game?
Old 10-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #25
Peter G
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I continued that save to the end of the year without any crash by using the "continue" button. Did you use another way of continuing the game?
I will try it tomorrow morning Australian time as it is midnight.
Thanks for looking at it. I’ll let you know how I go.
When I was simming I think I was doing it to auto sim to preseason
Peter

Last edited by Peter G; 10-06-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Peter G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #26
jldante56
Major Leagues

This is definitely still happening with the new release. Just had it happen - It only happens when you hit the Sim Game button. I'm playing a new season with the Islanders. It happened on Nov. 19, 2017 against the Tampa Bay Lightning. I had simmed day by day since the beginning of the season and hit Sim Game for every game prior to this one.
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #27
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
This is definitely still happening with the new release. Just had it happen - It only happens when you hit the Sim Game button. I'm playing a new season with the Islanders. It happened on Nov. 19, 2017 against the Tampa Bay Lightning. I had simmed day by day since the beginning of the season and hit Sim Game for every game prior to this one.
Crazy - Just re-started and did the same thing on the same day for the same game and it doesn't crash.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:37 PM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, that's why we're having so much trouble finding the cause - it doesn't seem to happen consistently even when starting from the same point.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #29
Yoss83PL
Bat Boy

My game crashes suddenly in different situations. What is more, it doesn't save at all. When I save it, turn off the game, start it one more time, the save contains the first day save without any progress.
Yoss83PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:32 PM   #30
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoss83PL View Post
My game crashes suddenly in different situations. What is more, it doesn't save at all. When I save it, turn off the game, start it one more time, the save contains the first day save without any progress.
That almost sounds like it may not be able to write to the save directory, but if that was the case, it wouldn't let you create the game at all. If you try to save manually, what happens? Do you see the save progress being shown? It should go through a few different progress bars.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #31
Yoss83PL
Bat Boy

When I want to start a new game I type in a game name and then the game tells me "Could not create the game folder". The same is with trying to save the game as a separate file. I attached print screens to this message.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #32
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoss83PL View Post
When I want to start a new game I type in a game name and then the game tells me "Could not create the game folder". The same is with trying to save the game as a separate file. I attached print screens to this message.
Looks like you don´t have writing permissions on the folder where FHM stores his data. Did you install it with Admin rights?
Old 10-06-2017, 08:52 PM   #33
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Good news on the random crashes thing (and us not able to reproduce) thing: looks like we found the problem. The game will crash when you play/watch/sim a game through the game preview screen AND the game ends in a SO AND an injury happened in that game. Thats the reason we were not able to reproduce it and you could continue your games because the chance that it happens again in that game are pretty small.

Anyway, we try to upload a hotfix as soon as possible for this. Thanks for the patience and the help from all of you!
Old 10-06-2017, 09:19 PM   #34
Yoss83PL
Bat Boy

Quote:
Looks like you don´t have writing permissions on the folder where FHM stores his data. Did you install it with Admin rights?
Yes, I have. Maybe I'll try and re-install the game.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:47 PM   #35
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Good news on the random crashes thing (and us not able to reproduce) thing: looks like we found the problem. The game will crash when you play/watch/sim a game through the game preview screen AND the game ends in a SO AND an injury happened in that game. Thats the reason we were not able to reproduce it and you could continue your games because the chance that it happens again in that game are pretty small.

Anyway, we try to upload a hotfix as soon as possible for this. Thanks for the patience and the help from all of you!
That’s incredible. Great work guys.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #36
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Set up a Custom League with one Minor League.

There is no Minor League Schedule and the game won't continue and crashes every time I try to advance one day.

Is there a way to correct the schedule problem or it looks like I will have to start all over.

The one problem I see is when it asks how many games interleague,etc. If you give a number that isn't possible then it can't generate a schedule.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #37
JeffR
FHM Producer

Could you upload the save, Orioles? We'll have a look and see why it didn't generate a schedule.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #38
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Could you upload the save, Orioles? We'll have a look and see why it didn't generate a schedule.
I can't figure out how too do that. I am to computers what the Detroit Lions are to playoff wins.

I formed another league(the same as the previous one) and it did the same thing. In the Eastern Conference I have 8 teams in one division and 7 in the other,while in the Western Conference I have 10 teams in one division and 6 in the last one.

I could test it again without changing the team names,etc and leave everything else untouched. If it crashes again then it's probably because of the divisional setup.

Update:I tested it with a 76 game schedule(not touching number of inter league games,etc) and it worked out ok. I could now go back and change all the team names and try to line them up with the proper farm teams .

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-07-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:11 PM   #39
JeffR
FHM Producer

Do you remember what schedule settings you used the first time? We may be able to figure out what caused the crash from that.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #40
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

76 game schedule; 4 interleague games;4 interconference games