Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
-=AtoM-[D]=-
Bat Boy

Retire oneself as GM & start a new as someone else

After managing my team from 2011-2042 and after a crazy nervewaracking world series, where my team was back 0-3 in the 7th game and managed to come back 4-3, despite of the other team having 2 RISP with only 1 out in top of the 9th, I think I'd like to retire my manager alter ego who is aged 67.

Is there a chance to do so? I'd like to start over in the same league, in the next season 2043, as his son or someone else with a new team. I'm still playing OOTP16, but please also let me know if there's a chance in OOTP17 or 18 to do something like that. Anyone's got an idea?
-=AtoM-[D]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I have the procedure somewhere, just not here at the office. I'd recite it from memory, but it's not what I'd call super-simple. It can be done, though.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, still not at my laptop, but found my notes. Might have to finagle this a bit, I think I had to, but the gist is right. You'll get there. Post again or PM me, if you need additional help or info.

Quote:
1. Add second manager
2. Exit dialog
3. Go to "Select Active Manager" dialog
4. Select second manager
5. Exit, and go back to add/remove dialog
6. Retire the first manager
Basically, you can't retire the "active" manager.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Small (virtual) world! I just did this, as a matter of fact.

"I" just retired, to be replaced by my son, Jr. He has a son as well, Bruce III, who will be waiting in the wings for the next 25 "years."

Jr. has a record because, when he came of age, I got him a job in a minor league affiliate of another organization. He . . . that is, I, now (weird ) . . . hopes to turn his so-far nondescript record around in the big leagues.
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-01-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:48 PM   #5
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Small (virtual) world! I just did this, as a matter of fact.

"I" retired, to be replaced by my son, Jr. He has as son as well, Bruce III, who will be waiting in the wings for the next 25 "years."

Jr. has a record because, when he came of age, I got him a job in a minor league affiliate of another organization. He . . . that is, I, now (weird ) . . . hopes to turn his so-far nondescript record around in the big leagues.
Bru, begs the question, did you utilize a similar procedure to the one I posted, or did you develop/discover/uncover/fine-tune new methodology?
Old 07-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Bru, begs the question, did you utilize a similar procedure to the one I posted, or did you develop/discover/uncover/fine-tune new methodology?
That question in turn begs an answer which then begs another question!

No, all I (Bruce, Sr.) did was quit first, then I selected Jr. as Active Manager, made him commissioner (and fire-proof, simply a must, don't you know), and selected the Yankees position for him.

So now my question is, what happens when you do hit that Retire button, which I never thought of before? I'm afraid to try it in case I upset my "Dynasty."
Attached Images

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-01-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #7
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I believe, IIRC, the Resign changes to Retired. And you'll have an Unretire button added to the menu for that manager.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #8
-=AtoM-[D]=-
Bat Boy

Thanks for the quick help guys!
-=AtoM-[D]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I believe, IIRC, the Resign changes to Retired. And you'll have an Unretire button added to the menu for that manager.
Correct! With trembling mouse, I tried the button* to Retire Bruce Sr. It worked; all it did was slap a "retired" label on former me. Bruce Sr.'s record remained intact. Thanks!

*Before doing so however, I backed my game up. You heard of the famous Ewing Family Dynasty of Dallas? Well, I got a "Bru-ing" Family Dynasty of New York in the making and no one is going to bring us down, not even a well-meaning dude who goes by the ominous moniker of "endgame."
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-01-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:36 PM   #10
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=AtoM-[D]=- View Post
Thanks for the quick help guys!
The next thing I'd like to help you with is your avatar. You should have a good one to go along with that cool forum name!

I apologize if you intended to upload a blank dark square as some sort of philosophical statement on the infinity of small space, or something. Otherwise, I'm thinking you meant to load a file and failed.

The rule of thumb is "The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 10.0 KB (whichever is smaller)." My own is 124x124 and 6KB. Since small file size is required, the .jpg format is better than .png.

Something like this:
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 07-02-2017, 08:23 PM   #11
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I too have recently retired myself and started up again as...Rob Gronkowski.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #12
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Correct! With trembling mouse, I tried the button* to Retire Bruce Sr. It worked; all it did was slap a "retired" label on former me. Bruce Sr.'s record remained intact. Thanks!

*Before doing so however, I backed my game up. You heard of the famous Ewing Family Dynasty of Dallas? Well, I got a "Bru-ing" Family Dynasty of New York in the making and no one is going to bring us down, not even a well-meaning dude who goes by the ominous moniker of "endgame."
Trembling mouse..lol. I also look away as I hit the button and slowly turn back to see if anything caught on fire.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:42 PM   #13
TheEquinox
Minors (Single A)

Sorry for the necro, but I found this thread through google. I'm trying to do the same thing in OOTP19, but as soon as I add a new manager, the game adds that new manager but at the same time renames my old manager to the same name.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?
TheEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote