Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

NABA: A Fictional Quickstart

I've been intrigued for a few years by the possibility of trying to get into Stats Only, but never really got the chance to sit down and get the settings the way I wanted them. This league is intended as an option for anyone like me that is looking to give Stats Only a try. Of course, you are also more than welcome to download it and turn ratings back on and use it as a new fictional league.

Here's the link to the zipped Quickstart:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zf1akamgkp...quick.zip?dl=0

A few notes on what you'll find:

Executive Summary: For more details, read below. This is a 30 team fictional league, 5 levels of minors, full feeder system, and 14 years of simulated history. Logos and uniforms are assigned to all major league teams. Numerous settings have been changed (detailed below.)

Before I begin, I just want to state that I take no credit for any of the fantastic logos, jerseys, and caps included in this Quickstart. I am not 100% sure where they all come from, but I believe they mostly (if not entirely) from The Nickname Project, available from Add-on Central. So, thanks to Cephasjames, justafan, No Pepper, silvam14, GiantYankee, Customater3, DCHepler25, Ky55Marine, illeracula, WWBLBatboy, JDevil, ink625, spindle, darkredwing, and klavier. None of those people, however, endorse or were any way directly involved in this Quickstart.

The game starts the day after the conclusion of the 2029 season. If anyone sees anything wonky going on, please let me know. I hope some people get some use out of this.

Okay, the long version:
The NABA (North American Baseball Association) is a 30 team fictional league with five levels of minors, a full feeder system, and ten years of simulated history. The league is primarily located in the United States, but also features two Canadian teams, a Mexican team, and a team based out of Havana, Cuba.

Instead of an American and National League with East, Central and West divisions, the two leagues are the Eastern League and the Western League, each of which has a North, Central, and South Division. Some cities are real MLB cities. Some are not. The member cities are Washington D.C., Boston, Ottawa, Philadelphia, New York, Nashville, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Richmond (VA), Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta, Havana, Orlando, Miami, Salt Lake City, Boise, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, St. Louis, Denver, San Francisco, Reno (NV), Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Mexico City, San Diego, and Dallas.
What has been done:

All major league level teams have full logos (primary and in some cases secondary), uniforms, and ballcaps thanks to the work of many past modders. I do not take any credit for that work aside from the time inputting them to the correct teams. Each NABA team has also been assigned an MLB Stadium so players who play out games can make use of the game's 3D Ballparks and 3D in general if they so choose. Stadium names have been changed, as have some things like ballpark dimensions and hitting factors.

Very little has been done on the minors or feeder league level. Many teams have logos and jerseys they were automatically assigned by the game, but I didn't do anything with those.

I have made numerous changes to the game based on the Stats Only aspect of it. I’ll walk you through a few of those just so you know what’s different:

The statistical totals for the major leagues should come out to around 2009 totals. The amateur draft is 20 rounds. Due to the stats only nature of the league, there are no international players introduced through any of the game’s usual methods. Instead, to keep players from other countries in the game, the amateur draft will generate a number of international players consistent with the modern makeup of MLB. I’ve done a bit of tweaking to that, increasing slightly the number of players from Mexico, Cuba, and Canada (as the other three leagues). Feel free to change any of that if you want.

As per the stats only objective, AI eval is set to 0/50/33/17. Trading has been set to very hard and preference to heavily favor prospects. League evolution is off and talent change randomness is at 50 instead of 100.

The playoffs follow a format inspired by the MLB playoffs, but different. I have kept in MLB’s two wild card team rule, but have made that initial Wild Card Series a three game series, all of which are played at the home stadium of the team with the better record. The Division Series is a 7 game series instead of 5. The other two series are unchanged.

Last edited by Ruthian23; 04-12-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:24 PM   #2
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

FYI, I just tried to download this to make sure everything is working properly, and I'm getting a message saying that the quickstart must be loaded from the OOTP server before it can be used. I don't know what that means, and it is currently not available on Add-Ons Central. I'll try to figure out what the problem is tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I've been told that this seems to be working properly for others. If anyone decides to give this a try and sees the issues I was talking about, let me know.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I've just discovered a bug that I somehow overlooked. I have no idea what's causing it or how to fix it, but for some reason it appears that rather than 162 games, which I set it at, teams are playing approximately 150 games, with some playing between 151-154. Some of these might be due to the three game wild card series. I don't know why it's cutting games off, though, and I really can't recommend anyone play it due to that. I'm going to report it as a bug (though it's possible it's some option combination that's causing it), and hopefully it'll either get fixed or someone will tell me what I'm doing wrong. Sorry about this.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
I've just discovered a bug that I somehow overlooked. I have no idea what's causing it or how to fix it, but for some reason it appears that rather than 162 games, which I set it at, teams are playing approximately 150 games, with some playing between 151-154. Some of these might be due to the three game wild card series. I don't know why it's cutting games off, though, and I really can't recommend anyone play it due to that. I'm going to report it as a bug (though it's possible it's some option combination that's causing it), and hopefully it'll either get fixed or someone will tell me what I'm doing wrong. Sorry about this.
Sounds like an interleague play problem. I know that can cause teams to play less games.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #6
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Sounds like an interleague play problem. I know that can cause teams to play less games.
Yeah? So is there any way around that other than turning off interleague? Would turning off interleague play fix it? I had left interleague on because I figured the odd number of teams in each league would mess it up otherwise.

Last edited by Ruthian23; 04-09-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #7
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Just gave turning interleague off for a season a try. No dice. Thanks, though.

Last edited by Ruthian23; 04-09-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:59 PM   #8
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Just gave turning interleague off for a season a try. No dice. Thanks, though.
Turning interleague off and moving one team to the other league (making it 16 and 14) seems to have done the trick, so hopefully I'll have an updated version soon.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #9
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I have changed the link in the original post. The updated link should lead to a download where teams will play 162 games, but interleague play is now off and there are 16 teams in the second subleague and 14 in the first as a result. The only other change is that there are now six years of simulated history, not 14.

In addition to the modders mentioned in my original post who have done work over the years that made this possible, my thanks to RchW, who has been very patient explaining some aspects of the league totals and modifiers screen to me that greatly impacted the statistical output, which is the main reason for the delay before this corrected version. Also, thanks to The Wolf, who answered a bunch of stats only questions for me.

Please let me know if you see any other issues if you decide to give this a whirl. Enjoy.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:05 PM   #10
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

By the way, I left 2-8 ratings on for defense and running. Feel free to turn them off.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #11
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have changed the link in the original post. The updated link should lead to a download where teams will play 162 games, but interleague play is now off and there are 16 teams in the second subleague and 14 in the first as a result. The only other change is that there are now six years of simulated history, not 14.

In addition to the modders mentioned in my original post who have done work over the years that made this possible, my thanks to RchW, who has been very patient explaining some aspects of the league totals and modifiers screen to me that greatly impacted the statistical output, which is the main reason for the delay before this corrected version. Also, thanks to The Wolf, who answered a bunch of stats only questions for me.

Please let me know if you see any other issues if you decide to give this a whirl. Enjoy.
would you like this on OOTPmods.com. and if it's testing well I can put it on the add-ons central as well

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #12
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
would you like this on OOTPmods.com. and if it's testing well I can put it on the add-ons central as well
You are more than welcome to put it on OOTPmods. I also have no objection at all to you putting it on add-ons central, but I don't think it'd be a bad idea to see if anyone else uncovers any issues (assuming anyone tries it, of course) before taking that step. It's up to you, though. And by the way, if anyone else finds the template useful or would like to build on what's already there or anything else, feel free to use the quickstart in any way for future modding.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:57 AM   #13
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Templates | OOTPmods.com

OOTP Community Wiki | NABA: A Fictional Quickstart

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #14
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Cool. Hopefully someone gets some use out of it.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:49 PM   #15
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Is this Quick Start still available?
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:44 PM   #16
cmdrsam3
Bat Boy

Anybody feel like converting this to 18?
cmdrsam3 is offline   Reply With Quote