Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-29-2016, 01:44 AM   #1
Amono
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Player ratings decreasing

Why are my player ratings dropping? I'm Playing with Jets and end of september right before first preseason game players like Laine, Ehlers and Myers are rated three stars and Armia, Morrisey and Hutchinson are two star rated. At the start of november all of them have dropped half star of their current ability and several of their attributes have decreased. Development report mentions nothing of decreased attributes, all of them have okay morale and everyone is assigned to some training.
Amono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amono View Post
Why are my player ratings dropping? I'm Playing with Jets and end of september right before first preseason game players like Laine, Ehlers and Myers are rated three stars and Armia, Morrisey and Hutchinson are two star rated. At the start of november all of them have dropped half star of their current ability and several of their attributes have decreased. Development report mentions nothing of decreased attributes, all of them have okay morale and everyone is assigned to some training.
This could be an indication that your scouts misread these players before or after re-scouting them. The scouted ratings can change periodically, especially if you have different scouts looking at them. I pay more attention to their statistics and scouting bars than I do the overall number of stars.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #3
Amono
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Now you mention it Laine, Ehlers etc. scouting report day has updated to november 5th. So my scouts are continuosly watching my players and evaluating them?
Amono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, if the players aren't scouted continuously, the quality of the scouting report (the A-B-C-D-E letter) will eventually drop to the next letter. But with your own players, that's always replenished to keep it at the highest level. It sounds like there were some differences betwen the early and later scouting, so the newer values you see are the "correct" ones, at least as far as your scouts are concerned. If there had been an actual ratings decrease, you'd have seen it in the development report.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #5
TBiz
Major Leagues

I can relate to this for sure.
Tho it says they're only 3 stars they perform as normal.
Mitch Marner in my dynasty was rated a 3.5/4.5 possibility in my first season and in the second season is rated 3/4. Yet he can perform higher then some of the 4's or 4.5's rated players.

Really odd but makes it interesting that even tho players can like poorly by the star ratings, that they could still perform well if put on the right team/combination of play styles.
TBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:18 PM   #6
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBiz View Post
Really odd but makes it interesting that even tho players can like poorly by the star ratings, that they could still perform well if put on the right team/combination of play styles.
This is actually very true to life and one of the great features about OOTP games in general. There are many players in NHL history (and some now) who had much better numbers because of who they played with than what they would have had otherwise.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote