Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-24-2016, 02:51 PM   #121
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHippie View Post
Thanks dude. I have too, and will buy this one as well!
Atta boy!!!!!
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:54 PM   #122
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
So you say there were online issues with FHM2? Well what if the development team couldn't do enough to fix them and still released with online?

The NHL License will hopefully help sell and grow the exposure but the game still must receive favorable reviews. It can't do that for a jack of all trades, not yet.
Understood, as I've repeated numerous times above. While disappointed the online league ability was discontinued, however temporarily, I completely understand and agree. Let's focus our limited resources on making the game "right."

My issue was the timing of announcement stating online wouldn't be supported...or actually, the lack of any announcement at all, haha.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #123
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
Atta boy!!!!!
Oh yeah, after 10+ years of OOTP, Markus, Sebastian and the gang had me at, "Hockey".
Old 09-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #124
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
So you say there were online issues with FHM2?
I'm not quite sure where that was said? Sure, there were some niggles at the start, but the only potentially game-breaking issue I can think of is when the online teamfiles suddenly exploded in size to 200mb, and the devs kindly addressed that particular bug with a patch.

Since then the functionality has been pretty darned good, which is why I'm so surprised that it has been nixed for FHM3.

Still, I'm excited for the release and have pre-ordered accordingly. Hopefully the trade AI has gotten a boost amongst all the other features announced so that it's almost as challenging as having to negotiate with a human GM!
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #125
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

I'll likely be pre ordering soon...just trying to decide between the Steam and OOTP version....they could make my decision easier by throwing in a free Steam key with every pre order of the OOTP version
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:39 PM   #126
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
So can you start a game on the ice save it at some point and come back to it?
bradko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:42 PM   #127
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I played in an online league and I really enjoyed it. I understand where the online guys are coming from. I would totally be disappointed if I were them. However, the game at it's core still had plenty of issues that needed to be fixed (as of FHM 2) and I would much rather have them ironed out and perfected over online functionality. OOTP is a small company with limited man power so I'm happy to see them focus on the game at its core where the attention needs to be placed. I don't know about you guys but I would much rather have the game worked on and made more realistic to real life than a game that's kinda realistic with a fully functional online mode. With a small staff and with only something like 1% of people that actually play the online mode this makes perfect sense to me. Online mode will be back, but i'm happy they are focusing their attention in the right place.

And to the guy that asked this "So...I ask the single-player guys this: what have you all done to grow the FHM franchise?"

Maybe these people didn't advertise the game like some of the online guys but what they did was first and for most supported the game, gave feedback and suggestions and helped the developers make the game all that much better.

Last edited by krownroyal83; 09-24-2016 at 03:49 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #128
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
We are still experiment with it but expect something around 25 to 30 seasons.
Like in the EA NHL games, if you just even play a quarter of all your games, with the signings and the trades it takes a long time to reach the end, I think it's fair and the sandbox mode is there for more sim options, I like it!
Jayrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #129
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
I'm not quite sure where that was said? Sure, there were some niggles at the start, but the only potentially game-breaking issue I can think of is when the online teamfiles suddenly exploded in size to 200mb, and the devs kindly addressed that particular bug with a patch.

Since then the functionality has been pretty darned good, which is why I'm so surprised that it has been nixed for FHM3.

Still, I'm excited for the release and have pre-ordered accordingly. Hopefully the trade AI has gotten a boost amongst all the other features announced so that it's almost as challenging as having to negotiate with a human GM!
I think I'm the one who mentioned FHM2 online issues, and I should have prefaced my statement to say, "initial online issues", as the FHM and iNHL guys did an excellent job of addressing and correcting.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:24 PM   #130
Statsman1
Major Leagues

The thing to remember, when thinking about the stats gleaned from the survey about how the game is played, is that just because the online league supporters are the loudest right now, that doesn't mean they represent the largest portion of the user base.

And I don't mean that at all in a negative way. Imagine if the announcement was, "Online leagues work perfectly. But in order to do that properly, there's no career mode, it's just a replay of the 2015-16 season right now. We'll get to career mode shortly."

My guess is a LOT more people would be vocalizing their displeasure. You have to support the largest client base, and as Sebastian said, there are only so many hours in a day, and so many resources available. I think they made the right call, if the user survey is correct, and why wouldn't it be?

Having said that, I hope Sebastian and the team reach out to a few online leagues (especially those who supported the correcting of FHM2) when working on the future online league play. I would like to believe those leagues would love and welcome the chance to be part of the solution.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:20 PM   #131
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Pre-ordered as soon as I saw the announcement. Never played online play, so that wasn't an issue for me, though I can see how it would be a tough pill to swallow.

The screenshots look really nice, very modern. A bit reminiscent of EHM but less overwhelming IMO. Can't wait to play this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
And hey, at least we didn't kill the headphone jack, hm?
lol! At the end of the day, FHM 3 isn't No Man's Sky
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #132
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
It is basically the modern mode (you can play Path to Glory with a fictional or historical game as well, but it makes the most sense with the big world modern game) but focused on your career. There are no fast-sim options, no commish mode, a very strict game flow. We want you to really dive into the world and your (and other) leagues. We added many news and PM´s, yo you see what is going on in the world, streaks, milestones, great game performances, awards, etc. Basically your goal is to start with an unproven Coach/GM, gain experience over time, improve your skills, get more popular, maybe get to coach a national team and ultimately enter the Hall of Fame at the end.
This is essentially the way I played FHM 1 and 2, can't thank you enough for making it an official mode!
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #133
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHippie View Post

So, as opposed to making fun or dismissing something you don't feel is important *to you*, or posting bull**** memes, why don't we all do what we can to generate interest/excitement/purchases to force/allow Sebastian and the guys at OOTP/FHM to hire more help.
Hey,

I'm the guy that put up that cruel meme. I trimmed your quote for space reasons. Anywho...
I have zero issues with those of you being let down be online mode. I've never played it myself, but I was actually hoping to get into it this season and try my chops against some humans. So I am actually with you, at least in that sense. That being said, I don't appreciate various people (not necessarily you) being rude or flat out bratty towards the developers because they didn't get everything they wanted in the game. I bought FHM1 solely for the promised feature of expansion which, even after the updates, was never to be. I get what it's like to be let down. But either put your big boy pants on and show the hard working folks making a product we can all appreciate (or not) some respect, or expect the same treatment in return. Even if the developers are too nice and level-headed to do it themselves.

Anton

PS: I've convinced 3 of my less-obsessive friends to buy the game and informed them of the upcoming release, so I can at least say I'm trying to do my part in growing it, however small that contribution may be.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #134
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
Seems you are wrong, but it's about the path that OOTP took and not whether FHM is following a similar path

Sebastian - again IMO the focus on "quality first" is unquestionably the way to go, and again I'm glad to see it (the trying to please everyone approach/trying to add every bell and whistle is not.....while I'm a historical fan and don't really care about modern at all, I'm pleased to see the focus on "doing it right" so that eventually, when historical/fictional/online etc can be focused on more, they'll be high quality as well)
i´ll second that...
Same over here - I´ll play historical mode about 90% of the time and probably won´t see much changes in FHM3.
I´m totally fine with that as improving modern-day gameplay will usually result in fine sales numbers which mean more resources/money/staff/whatever for the development of the next iteration.
I´m pretty sure that online play & fictional will get more love again pretty soon

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #135
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Can we use home & away jersey's in FHM3?...In FHM2 we can only use the home jersey's
Quote:
So far no but in this case it should be save to promise that we will add it in one of the first updates.

Btw, we added a third option for player pics: FG is still available, you can of course still use player pics and now we have jersey pics available, which have the players number on the back (thats my favorite option).
Does the naming convention in FHM3 finally allow to use changing historical jerseys/helmets over the years (similar to how the logo changes work)?

f.e.
jersey_boston_bruins_1938
jersey_boston_bruins_1941
jersey_boston_bruins_1947

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #136
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
Hey,

PS: I've convinced 3 of my less-obsessive friends to buy the game and informed them of the upcoming release, so I can at least say I'm trying to do my part in growing it, however small that contribution may be.
Yup, working on a few of mine as well. Also working on my Dad, haha.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:44 PM   #137
mso94
Major Leagues

I have been reading all the comments from the staff and the buyers.

my two cents are as follows

1. Where is this mysterious poll that shows who plays what. I keep hearing that nobody plays fantasy. Yet I keep seeing fantasy guys asking questions.I have never played a "Real League" game and dont ever plan on it.

2. This new Career GM mode sounds silly.seems like a lot of work for not a lot of return
Quote:
It is basically the modern mode (you can play Path to Glory with a fictional or historical game as well, but it makes the most sense with the big world modern game) but focused on your career. There are no fast-sim options, no commish mode, a very strict game flow. We want you to really dive into the world and your (and other) leagues. We added many news and PM´s, yo you see what is going on in the world, streaks, milestones, great game performances, awards, etc. Basically your goal is to start with an unproven Coach/GM, gain experience over time, improve your skills, get more popular, maybe get to coach a national team and ultimately enter the Hall of Fame at the end.
Seems like the fluff crap that Madden did where you get an apartment. Cant say i will ever play this.

3. Online (back to question 1) where is this poll that says Online is a small group. all im seeing is a huge number of people complaining about the NOW lack of online.

I bought the game , but as a bunch of people have said I'm not real happy with what I'm hearing my options are gonna be. I am a Fantasy guy. I don't give a rats @$$ about redoing some lame NHL season. so I'm hoping you make that a BIG push in the next version.
mso94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:13 PM   #138
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mso94 View Post
I have been reading all the comments from the staff and the buyers.

my two cents are as follows

1. Where is this mysterious poll that shows who plays what. I keep hearing that nobody plays fantasy. Yet I keep seeing fantasy guys asking questions.I have never played a "Real League" game and dont ever plan on it.

2. This new Career GM mode sounds silly.seems like a lot of work for not a lot of return Seems like the fluff crap that Madden did where you get an apartment. Cant say i will ever play this.

3. Online (back to question 1) where is this poll that says Online is a small group. all im seeing is a huge number of people complaining about the NOW lack of online.

I bought the game , but as a bunch of people have said I'm not real happy with what I'm hearing my options are gonna be. I am a Fantasy guy. I don't give a rats @$$ about redoing some lame NHL season. so I'm hoping you make that a BIG push in the next version.
They sent surveys out to everyone a while ago
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:18 PM   #139
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

So I'm putting my two cents into this as FHM was really the reason why I've stuck around on the forum for the last few years. Being canadian, I live up to the stereotype of liking hockey just a little. Hell my signature until today was ""Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" - me when learning of FHM.".

That being said the combination of a feature that I'd find absolutely no use for (NHL licensing), and the removal of how i essentially would play the game (online leagues), has effectively removed me from considering FHM purchases for the immediate future.

Figured as a customer that has been buying your products since OOTP6 was a thing, youd want to know. Or not.

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:26 PM   #140
mso94
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
They sent surveys out to everyone a while ago
I never saw one.
mso94 is offline   Reply With Quote