Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #261
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
wishing you well...when that gets added sometime in the future will be happy to give the game a run then.
Thanks for the good wishes. Hope to see you back sometimes in the future.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #262
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Some quick questions:

1) Has the issue with where prospects are generated been fixed and do they then get drafted properly in the CH? Latter drafts in FHM2 always featured mounds of Czech and Swedish kids playing in odd or unsuitable leagues, whilst there were very few North American skaters

2) Is the NCAA now featured properly in game and if so is it playable?

3) Will the Memorial Cup now be featured properly in game, rather than just as a footnote whilst it's going on?
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #263
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

What's exportable?
greenOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #264
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenOak View Post
What's exportable?
As csv? Nothing changed here as our priorities are different at the moment and we don´t have time to add more info to the csv export.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:09 AM   #265
iggyhood
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_dog View Post
Some quick questions:

1) Has the issue with where prospects are generated been fixed and do they then get drafted properly in the CH? Latter drafts in FHM2 always featured mounds of Czech and Swedish kids playing in odd or unsuitable leagues, whilst there were very few North American skaters

3) Will the Memorial Cup now be featured properly in game, rather than just as a footnote whilst it's going on?
Re the NCAA - and this is just a guess - I wouldn't think it would be playable and, if it was, wouldn't have real player names as there is a licensing issue of student athletes in video/PC games wider than FHM
iggyhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #266
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Some quick questions:

1. We tweaked it heavily and will continue so in all updates/versions.

2. No.

3. How do you want it to be presented?
Old 10-07-2016, 04:23 AM   #267
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
1. We tweaked it heavily and will continue so in all updates/versions.

2. No.

3. How do you want it to be presented?
That's a shame, NCAA hockey seems like it would be a great place to start in a career mode game.

With regards to the Memorial Cup, what I mean is whether there's some way of actually checking who's won it in previous seasons, what the player stats from the tournament were etc.? Currently there's no history for it in-game that you can go back and view.
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #268
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Quote:
That's a shame, NCAA hockey seems like it would be a great place to start in a career mode game.

With regards to the Memorial Cup, what I mean is whether there's some way of actually checking who's won it in previous seasons, what the player stats from the tournament were etc.? Currently there's no history for it in-game that you can go back and view.
I agree with this part about the NCAA, and the benefits to being able to "x-ray" the Memorial Cup results is that doing so would help prepare for the upcoming NHL draft, and keep an eye on "Mitch Marner MVP of everything seasons" too.

I love the history of the CHL and the Memorial Cup, so this would be very welcome, for me!
Old 10-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #269
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Will there be additional screenshots and feature details coming out before release?

Thanks in advance
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #270
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
Will there be additional screenshots and feature details coming out before release?

Thanks in advance
I already posted the feature list in a few posts around here. Regarding screenshots (and official material): we have to get allowance from the NHL for everything we announce and since is the first year of your work-together, everything is a bit chaotic but afaik we will send out another Newsletter next Monday.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:32 AM   #271
Rayzor
All Star Starter

In FHM2 the must teams u can start with in fictional play is 30, in FHM3 can u start with more then 30 teams ie...40...50...60.....& if we expand our fictional league after a few years sim, will the lower leagues also expand
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:52 AM   #272
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Sorry if already mentioned, but since the real season starts the 12th and pre-orders get the game on the 14th, what options for real rosters be available? Will we have an option to play with rosters that were as of start of camp and also the option to for start of season rosters? And if they aren't ready on the 14th, would they be on official release dat? Thanks!
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:02 PM   #273
Templer
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The NHL license is a great thing. But in the past, the modders have always done a great job.
I think I would have preferred a good, working online MP instead the NHL license.
Templer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #274
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templer View Post
The NHL license is a great thing. But in the past, the modders have always done a great job.
I think I would have preferred a good, working online MP instead the NHL license.
We made this decision (maybe we even had no choice) and think that it is in the best interest of the majority.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:57 PM   #275
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
Sorry if already mentioned, but since the real season starts the 12th and pre-orders get the game on the 14th, what options for real rosters be available? Will we have an option to play with rosters that were as of start of camp and also the option to for start of season rosters? And if they aren't ready on the 14th, would they be on official release dat? Thanks!
The game will have NHL opening night roster (or at least close to opening night roster. We will release an roster update with the final rosters, and any needed fixes to the db).
Old 10-09-2016, 05:59 PM   #276
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
In FHM2 the must teams u can start with in fictional play is 30, in FHM3 can u start with more then 30 teams ie...40...50...60.....& if we expand our fictional league after a few years sim, will the lower leagues also expand
Still the same limits as in FHM 2. As I already wrote, our main focus is the modern game and career play, historical, fictional and commish mode are only a bonus the rest.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #277
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Still the same limits as in FHM 2. As I already wrote, our main focus is the modern game and career play, historical, fictional and commish mode are only a bonus the rest.
So does that mean fictional play wasn't touched for FHM3? The schedules? Don't mean to beat a dead horse but I want to be clear. Personally I love smaller leagues 12-16 teams. I would probably buy the game even if I could have a 30 team fictional league that played like modern NHL with the NHL schedules. I purchased FHM1 and 2 and want to support OOTP developments. I just don't want to be disappointed. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #278
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Since we're throwing questions around, I'm debating buying this one eventually. I was just wondering a couple of things:

1. While NHL rosters are accurate, how deep will the rosters go? Will they go as deep as to have teams' junior players on their teams? For example: if I pick the Devils, will their AHL team's roster be accurate, and will guys like Blackwood and McLeod be available as part of the franchise?

2. I'm trying to wrap my head around this whole path to glory thing. People have said that you "develop skills." Is that to say that you learn how to play the game more effectively, or that the user will actually have ratings similar to that of Footy Manager?

3. Since you start out as a rookie GM essentially in Path to Glory, is every team going to be available to you or do you have to start with a lower ranked team and work your way "up to the top?"

4. One last question because I'm trying to figure out the difference. If I started a "sandbox" game and a "path to glory" game on the same day, and attempt to play both games identically will the only differences be coach development, length of the game (limited vs. unlimited) and the availability of commish mode?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:43 AM   #279
dmytron

Quote:
our main focus is the modern game and career play, historical, fictional and commish mode are only a bonus the rest.
Tiny bonus or fat bonus?
Old 10-10-2016, 04:33 AM   #280
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
Tiny bonus or fat bonus?
You can play different fictional setups if you want or play all historical NHL/WHA seasons out of the box. If one of the two modes is the only way to play for you, FHM might not be your game.