Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #1
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Foreign player suggestion

I suggest that leagues have an option to ban players from specific nations. For example, a historical pre-WWII major league could ban players from the Dominican Republic to simulate segregation, or a 1970s Cuban league could ban players from the United States for political reasons.

This option could be given to affiliated minor leagues as well, to prevent issues like Americans playing in the modern-day VSL.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

I think the best solution would be to select which countries are allowed, or even to select which countries are considered "domestic".
Neasag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:11 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

There isn't an option to "Ban" players, but you can easily control which nationalities play in your leagues.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
There isn't an option to "Ban" players, but you can easily control which nationalities play in your leagues.
No, there isn't. The current foreign player limit, if applied to the VSL, would ban all non-Venezuelans instead of just Americans.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:22 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
No, there isn't. The current foreign player limit, if applied to the VSL, would ban all non-Venezuelans instead of just Americans.
You can easily control which nationalities play in your leagues.

It has nothing to do with foreign player limit settings.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #6
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

No, you can't. Especially for minor leagues.
Neasag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
What I do for the VSL and DSL is I make their region the caribbean or latin america. Then I set foreigners to off and by league nationality. That will restrict all players outside of that region from playing in the league. Yes I know that it's technically available to all internationals, but I would rather exclude a Japanese player than allow an american player.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
What I do for the VSL and DSL is I make their region the caribbean or latin america. Then I set foreigners to off and by league nationality. That will restrict all players outside of that region from playing in the league. Yes I know that it's technically available to all internationals, but I would rather exclude a Japanese player than allow an american player.
That works well? Does the ai still assign American or Japanese players to the DSL/VSL after the draft?

Markus isn't going to do the ban players from specific nations thing haveband and I had quite the discussion on it last year with Markus. We lost

But if your solution actually works, we can set the quickstart up that way and get things a bit more realistic than they are now.

I'll have to test it out...
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
You can easily control which nationalities play in your leagues.

It has nothing to do with foreign player limit settings.
How? Same thing jpeters suggests or something else?

As I mention above, this was discussed at great length with Markus last year. The upside was that it wasn't possible. If you've figured out a way to make it work, we'd love to know about it
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
How? Same thing jpeters suggests or something else?

As I mention above, this was discussed at great length with Markus last year. The upside was that it wasn't possible. If you've figured out a way to make it work, we'd love to know about it
In league setup there is a tab labeled "Players". In there you can control which countries (nationalities) of players will play in your league. You do not have to touch the "foreign player limit" option at all.

I use this method all the time.

For example - I have an American League (All US Teams). They only draft players from the US because I control that.

They only sign international FA's etc from the countries I want them to, because I control that.

If I don't want Venezualans or Puerto Ricans in my league, I don't allow them by simply disallowing them.

The league I mentioned above has no Japanese or Korean players, because I used the player settings to prevent them from entering my league.

Very simple and easy to use.

I control which countries (nationalities) play in my leagues. I do this all the time, have been for a long time.

For the poster who says "no you can't, especially in your minor leagues." Please provide some compelling evidence, because I have shown how it can easily be controlled. And your comment about minors - well - whatever your parent league settings are, your minors will follow. If your minors are independent, then you can control that the same way.

Any and all leagues can be done like this.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #11
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Here's an example of my settings for internationals:

_
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Only players from the countries I have selected enter my league.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #13
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In league setup there is a tab labeled "Players". In there you can control which countries (nationalities) of players will play in your league. You do not have to touch the "foreign player limit" option at all.

I use this method all the time.

For example - I have an American League (All US Teams). They only draft players from the US because I control that.

They only sign international FA's etc from the countries I want them to, because I control that.

If I don't want Venezualans or Puerto Ricans in my league, I don't allow them by simply disallowing them.

The league I mentioned above has no Japanese or Korean players, because I used the player settings to prevent them from entering my league.

Very simple and easy to use.

I control which countries (nationalities) play in my leagues. I do this all the time, have been for a long time.

For the poster who says "no you can't, especially in your minor leagues." Please provide some compelling evidence, because I have shown how it can easily be controlled. And your comment about minors - well - whatever your parent league settings are, your minors will follow. If your minors are independent, then you can control that the same way.

Any and all leagues can be done like this.
That only controls the nationality of players that the league creates. If you have leagues in japan with all japanese players and a league in america with all american players, there is nothing to stop the players from crossing leagues. Unless you ban all foreigners or disallow FA from entering and leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
That works well? Does the ai still assign American or Japanese players to the DSL/VSL after the draft?

Markus isn't going to do the ban players from specific nations thing haveband and I had quite the discussion on it last year with Markus. We lost

But if your solution actually works, we can set the quickstart up that way and get things a bit more realistic than they are now.

I'll have to test it out...
Works like a charm. Just be sure that before you change the region and foreigners setting that there are no nationalities that shouldn't be there or they will get stuck and you'd have to move them manually.

Also, when you change the region, sometimes all the cities for that league will change with it. Just change them back after.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #14
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
That only controls the nationality of players that the league creates. If you have leagues in japan with all japanese players and a league in america with all american players, there is nothing to stop the players from crossing leagues. Unless you ban all foreigners or disallow FA from entering and leaving.
Right - so the OP has a Dominican League and he doesn't want those players entering his league. So he disallows FA's from leaving the Dominican league.