Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 04-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #21
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
what the difference between yours and Spritz, I have an idea, just would like clarification.
I would really like some detailed clarification. Something like where we are and what does what and what can be done or tried with the .csv files and such. And just what is an .obd anyway?

Thanks!

JP
Old 04-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #22
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I see my bandwidth has been exceeded.

Well I sent a copy just now to OOTPmods.com. It's just the odb file but it should work just fine.

As for the differences:
It's Spritzes HS database...except
1. I keep the real original MLB statistics so you can import full history and have accurate stats for the players.
2. All the same players except only ~50 historical Japanese players are retained (Such as Sadaharu Oh)
3. Some tweaks to fielding (reworked from existing data) to ensure players import with proper positions

And mainly...
Upon initial import players until 2010 will go to their correct organizations as of opening day. Players will import when they made their professional debut (not 18 or MLB) and will go to proper organization (if selected)

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #23
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

The Gambo/Spritze DB is now on OOTPMods.com in the Databases section.

I'll post a news item about it on the front page as well.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #24
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Did you replace Reserve Rosters with Minor League Rosters? Should it go in Stats because it's just one file and I don't see Master,CVS and so on in it?

Last edited by mgom27; 04-20-2013 at 05:37 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #25
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

You don't need the Csv files when using the odb file. It is a special compressed version of the Csv files the game uses.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 04-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #26
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Question for Gambo

I've noticed when using your DB (and this was also the case when I was running your v12 DB in OOTP 14 but not while using sprtize's ootp14 database) that all park factors are set at 1. Are the park factors controlled by any of the .csv files, or are they a part of the historical database itself?

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently I somehow accidentally forgot to set the properdatabase path and had the default one instead of yours. I shall now pay the customary $20 I Am an Idiot Tax.

Last edited by tayloraj; 04-21-2013 at 01:17 AM.
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #27
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I know you figured it out but in case anyone else is wondering, the park information in my database is the same as what the default has. So no factors should be 1 unless they are supposed to be.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #28
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Thank you for the response. I'm also wondering which group of .csv files should this database be added to to get the proper historical information? Is it the files from your v12 DB? It seems that when I use the v14 DB I'm having an issue where players will debut at the same time as their major league debut rather than their professional debut(for example, Old Hoss Radbourn will appear in the 1879 draft even though, when looking through his neutralized stats, he should appear in the 1877 draft). I'm basing my ratings off neutralized stats, and I can't figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #29
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
Thank you for the response. I'm also wondering which group of .csv files should this database be added to to get the proper historical information? Is it the files from your v12 DB? It seems that when I use the v14 DB I'm having an issue where players will debut at the same time as their major league debut rather than their professional debut(for example, Old Hoss Radbourn will appear in the 1879 draft even though, when looking through his neutralized stats, he should appear in the 1877 draft). I'm basing my ratings off neutralized stats, and I can't figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong.
Make sure you select the historical_database.odb file and not the master.csv (shouldn't make a difference as having an .odb file should overwrite the master.csv).

Actually, you aren't doing anything wrong...

Looking at the master.csv that I have in the database he should appear in 1880. You probably have it as 1879 because of your draft date. If your draft is after the season he will import in time for the 1880 season.

If you go to the real stats tab of the player profile and look at neutralized stats it will show the statistics being used.

In Spritze's database he would import in 1877 since that is when he was 18. In mine it's 1880 as this was when he was sold to the Buffalo Bisons.

Looking at the files from the ver12 database would probably get you accurate information but the neutralized stats are likely different.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #30
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Thanks so much for your reply and your help in this matter. I've probably spent more time playing games with your databases than any other kind of league, and I really appreciate that work you've done for them. I've been running a test league from 1871-1910 to see what the differences are between this version and the v12 database. I had thought (and this is how my database had worked in v12) that the player would be created for the first season they played as a professional anywhere rather than their first season in the majors or their first season with the organization of their major league team.
For example, in my understanding of what the DB is supposed to do Ty Cobb should have his first season in the game in 1904 as he began playing professionally, rather than 1905 in the standard DB when he made his major league debut for the Tigers. Using the v12 database in OTP14, Cobb was available for the draft following the 1903 season, but using the v14 database he's available for draft following the 1904 season (although his neutralized batting stats still have a line for the 1904 season with his team listed as 'FA").
Which of these two years should he be appearing in?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #31
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Make sure you select the historical_database.odb file and not the master.csv (shouldn't make a difference as having an .odb file should overwrite the master.csv).
With your set we are supposed to use teh historical database.odb?? With Spritz we are supposed to use the master.cvs. I have been using the master for both and i noticed i still have players debuting HS age vs real debut. this is on 13 not 14.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #32
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

If you have an odb file in the directory with the master.csv it will use the odb file. It has an overriding affect. It's the way markus designed it. If you want to use the master.csv you need to remove the odb file. So if you haven't even of you clicked on the master it's been going off the odb file.

Now as for the import stuff. The debut in the master.csv is from the 1st line in the neutralized statistics. Depending on when your draft is scheduled will depend on when the player appears. Again the way the game is designed.
If your in 1903 and your draft is scheduled during the season the 1904 rooks will import during 1903. If its after the season they will import before the 1904 season.

Since the csv files are unavailable I'd recommend doing an import of 2012 will full history. The real life stats tab in the player profile will give you all the information that's in the csv files. If I can get a good place to hold the complete files I will get it posted.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #33
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
Thanks so much for your reply and your help in this matter. I've probably spent more time playing games with your databases than any other kind of league, and I really appreciate that work you've done for them. I've been running a test league from 1871-1910 to see what the differences are between this version and the v12 database. I had thought (and this is how my database had worked in v12) that the player would be created for the first season they played as a professional anywhere rather than their first season in the majors or their first season with the organization of their major league team.
For example, in my understanding of what the DB is supposed to do Ty Cobb should have his first season in the game in 1904 as he began playing professionally, rather than 1905 in the standard DB when he made his major league debut for the Tigers. Using the v12 database in OTP14, Cobb was available for the draft following the 1903 season, but using the v14 database he's available for draft following the 1904 season (although his neutralized batting stats still have a line for the 1904 season with his team listed as 'FA").
Which of these two years should he be appearing in?
Sounds like the game is for whatever reason using the default master.csv and not using the .odb. Me thinks u need to use the .odb file since technically there is no master for my database this year.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #34
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

The weird part is that I've been making sure to select the odb files when I'm creating my league, because I know that using the master.csv can cause problems...I'm removing the master.csv files from my stats directory to see if that leads to any improvement. Thanks for the advice!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #35
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I'm not near my computer to take a quick look at the master.csv and won't be until tomorrow. If one of you could import 1978 and let it run through 1983 and tell me when don mattingly imports.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #36
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

I did it and Mattingly has imported in for the 1982 season. Also, all the park factors are at 1.00. I really don't know what's going on...the Sprize v14 DB works normally, with all players importing on time and the park factors working properly, so why your DB is causing all these odd permutations is totally lost on me. Has anyone besides me noticed anything amiss when using the Gambo v14? I'm hoping I just did something stupid that's causing the game to act oddly vis a vis this DB.

On an unrelated note...there appears to be an error in the DB whereby Max Carey has stats beginning in 1900 (when he was ten years old) when he didn't begin his career in professional ball until 1909.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #37
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Max was a typo made by me whilst typing typographically- I changed the error year to 1910 from 1900. Sorry.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #38
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Okedoke. Well looks like I never put the new debut dates in the master.csv file. So the guys were importing when they made their MLB debut. I'll get that fixed up and send a corrected version over to OOTPmods this morning. That's what I get for rushing and not running a proper test.

I also fixed up Max Carey.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #39
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I've sent it so I hope it gets posted. It now contains the historical-database.odb file, the master.csv, batting2.csv, pitching2.csv, Fielding2.csv and the fieldingof2.csv. You can copy it straight over the default database and have all the files I used.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #40
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Just checked out the park factor issue.

It seems that when using the neutralized statistics (no matter what database) the park factors are set as 1.0.

I've posted this as a bug and we'll see if we can get it straightened out.

I guess the option for now is to either set your own park factors create the same season using the real statistics. Then copy the parks.dat file from that directory into the league using neutralized stats.

OOTP MODS:
available at...