Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 08-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

Join the Baseball Stars Association!

Full League Name (Initials): The Baseball Stars Association (BSA)
Main URL: The Baseball Stars Association
Reports URL: Baseball Stars Association Home
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): GWUlery
Email Address: graystonw@gmail.com
OOTP Version: 12
Game Needed: Required
Players: Fictional
# of Teams: 28
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Tue, Thu, Sat typically at 7pm eastern, Mon added after trade deadline
League Time Per Sim: 5 days
First Season: 2010
Latest Season: 2014
Special Rules & Settings: Coaches, Scouts, Hidden Actual Ratings, Feeder Leagues, Commish does NOT run a team
Currently Available Teams: None

Last edited by GWUlery; 04-13-2012 at 12:44 PM.
GWUlery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

We've worked through the transition...
We've rebuilt the site...
We're looking for great GMs...

The BSA is a league focused on Organizational Strength. With actual ratings hidden, you must utilize your minor leagues to develop and analyze your players. With injuries set to "Normal" you must have the depth to stay competitive all year long. With the entire draft pool coming from feeder leagues, you must scout players early and often. With Coaches on, you must hire the best staff to guide your players.

Are you a GM looking to run an entire organization against human opponents? Check out the Baseball Stars Association today!

Last edited by GWUlery; 08-29-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:21 AM   #3
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

Quebec and Pittsburg are filled.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

We are currently full. Please feel free to keep an eye on the league and let me know if you'd like to be considered if a position opens up in the future.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

We have an opening in St. Louis. It's the end of May, so there's still plenty of season left!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

as one of the original owners I can vouch that this is a league that once you get in you will NOT be looking for another league to fill your time. We have a great commish who is runs an awesome league with a large group of core owners who are highly active and competitive.

The Baseball Stars Association is leading the way with social media and active participation.
- Most owners have created blogs on Blogspot.com to write PRs and keep everyone up on how their team is doing
- Most owners have created a tweeter account for their teams using it for trading, sim results, highlights, player spotlights, ect
- we just launched our 1st Podcast where we are doing 15 min recap of the sim, news, notes, trades, FA signings.
- a possible 2nd podcast is coming where we set it up as a call-in show to talk BSA chatter

Hidden ratings and using scouts and real stats is an awesome way to play OOTP. It's puts you in the true mind set of a GM. You have to trust your scout and your gut sometimes on trades and FA and in the draft.

3 levels of Minors means a deeper experience running an ENTIRE organization, not just trying to build the best 25-man roster.

All in All this is a great league, but this isn't a filler league. This league takes a LOT of time and effort to build your team and it's even hard to win. In our short 3 years we have had 6 different World Series teams and 3 different World Series Champions.

Are you up to the challenge?
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #7
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

One in, one out. St Louis has been filled, but we're in need of someone to help right the ship in Quebec.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

Finished the 2013 All Star Game last night. Did a purge of inactive owners. We're looking for some active participants for our mailing list, twitter feed, blogs, and podcast.

Les Capitales de Quebec - mid-division team
Seattle Kings - need a lot of work, good opportunity for a GM who likes to blow things up
Denver Dynasty - division leader destined for the playoffs this season
Haddonfield Hackers - if not for injury, would have started three of the four infielders in the All Star Game
Oklahoma City Redhawks - deepest team from majors to A-ball, with the right leadership this team should be a dynasty
Old 10-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #9
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

This is a great league with a dedicated commissioner.
Join up today!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
USF
All Star Starter

Interesting in joining

I sent the commish a private message earlier today. I am waiting to hear back from him. Jason
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #11
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

Oklahoma City has been taken. Still looking for GMs for Quebec, Haddonfield, Seattle, and Denver.

Last edited by GWUlery; 10-23-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #12
the_32_pitch
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
The commissioner in this league is totally incompetent. Don't waste your time with this nonsense.

I tried to install the league like I've done countless times before without any problems and this guys absurd system he has to install the league didn't work and completely wasted my time. Then I voiced my concern to the "mailing list", which I thought was toned down considering how pissed off I was at the guy, then he bounces me from the league completely. If you can't handle a minor complaint like that then no possible way I want to be in this league.

Ridiculous settings.zip file. I've joined 4 leagues over the past week and never had any problem until this one. In short, go jump off the nearest bridge and do us all a favor.
the_32_pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #13
the_32_pitch
Banned

Ive installed countless league files before. I don't even need instructions anymore. Just find the league file, make the .lg folder, extract it, and then put the accounts_gms.dat in the settings folder. Yeah, I get it. I dont need "help". Ive got 25 years experience with computers. I just need the people running the league to be competent enough not to screw up a simple process.

I posted this to his mailing list and for this minor gripe he bounces me from the list and the league completely. No wonder he has no GM's for his league. IF hes this sensitive then he obviously has mental issues.

"It doesn't work. With all due respect, this settings.zip file is ridiculous. Nothing but problems. Stop wasting my time. Why can't this league just have a simple accounts_gms.dat file like usual, like everyone else, a simple file that has worked the same way for years for every league I've ever been in? Not this one though. This one's got a fancy settings.zip file that of course doesn't work. I'm ready to quit this league already."

Last edited by the_32_pitch; 10-24-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #14
USF
All Star Starter

New oklahoma manager

I just joined the league as Oklahoma today and had no problems getting the league setup in OOTP 12. The commish was very helpful to me via private emails. I'm fairly new to the game and so far everyone has been helpful and to date no insulting offers for my star players :-) Anyway, if you are considering to join a league, I'd recommend you give this one a try. The league settings are very challenging!

Jason
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #15
jcalhoun7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_32_pitch View Post
Ive installed countless league files before. I don't even need instructions anymore. Just find the league file, make the .lg folder, extract it, and then put the accounts_gms.dat in the settings folder. Yeah, I get it. I dont need "help". Ive got 25 years experience with computers. I just need the people running the league to be competent enough not to screw up a simple process.

I posted this to his mailing list and for this minor gripe he bounces me from the list and the league completely. No wonder he has no GM's for his league. IF hes this sensitive then he obviously has mental issues.

"It doesn't work. With all due respect, this settings.zip file is ridiculous. Nothing but problems. Stop wasting my time. Why can't this league just have a simple accounts_gms.dat file like usual, like everyone else, a simple file that has worked the same way for years for every league I've ever been in. Not this one though. This one's got a fancy settings.zip file that of course doesn't work. I'm ready to quit this league already."
this is my 4th season in this league... and i've never had this problem.
VBL6 - Echo Park Lakers
jcalhoun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #16
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The commissioner in this league is totally incompetent. Don't waste your time with this nonsense.

I tried to install the league like I've done countless times before without any problems and this guys absurd system he has to install the league didn't work and completely wasted my time. Then I voiced my concern to the "mailing list", which I thought was toned down considering how pissed off I was at the guy, then he bounces me from the league completely. If you can't handle a minor complaint like that then no possible way I want to be in this league.

Ridiculous settings.zip file. I've joined 4 leagues over the past week and never had any problem until this one. In short, go jump off the nearest bridge and do us all a favor.
Ehe.
You join four leagues in a week?
I feel bad for the other leagues.
Now please descend once more into your hole.
Cheers and best wishes.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #17
the_32_pitch
Banned

Oh the league set up just fine. I set a new password for my manager and everything. That wasn't the problem. The settings.zip file was the problem. He has 20-30 files in it and he just loads them all up in there figuring hey!, if it doesnt work lets just load them all up in a zip file and that'll do the trick. That right there tells me the league is run by a complete madman.

My firewall was asking me for permission and then I had error messages restoring the database that I have never seen in a decade of playing OOTP. And it wouldn't work putting just the accounts_gms.dat, db.cfg, and online_league_file_time.cfg in there.

Don't waste my time. You understand me? Get your stuff straight and do not waste my time.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #18
Greenville84's
Bat Boy

BSA is a fantastic league. I've been in it for about a year now and have had a great time. It's very active with an outstanding commish and excellent owners. There's a ton of twitter activity from team owners and there's even a regular podcast that features league news and owner interviews. I'd recommend it highly to anyone looking for a great league!
Greenville84's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #19
Paterson
Bat Boy

Quote:
"It doesn't work. With all due respect, this settings.zip file is ridiculous. Nothing but problems. Stop wasting my time. Why can't this league just have a simple accounts_gms.dat file like usual, like everyone else, a simple file that has worked the same way for years for every league I've ever been in? Not this one though. This one's got a fancy settings.zip file that of course doesn't work. I'm ready to quit this league already."
The opinions of 32pitch do not reflect those of competent, sane indivuduals involved in the BSA.

A self-professed "writer" such as this immature individual should be able to resolve issues via descriptive email without resorting to aggressive, accusatory and inflammatory messages...especially as his very first message to the entire league. Not an introductory message, or an "in-character fictional description" of his ownership..just this verbal diarrhea.

Mr Camden, I hope for the sake of your readers that you cease and desist writing altogether.

Last edited by TC Dale; 10-24-2011 at 03:22 AM. Reason: edited this as this does NOT fall under our guidelines for proper posting. Do not repeat, please.
Paterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #20
rangers85
All Star Reserve

Location: Fort Worth, TX...home of the mighty TCU Horned Frogs
I'm now in my second season in the league as the New Orleans Looters GM (a bottom rung team that is in the rebuilding process) and have thoroughly enjoyed this league. I haven't had this much fun in a league since the days that I was a commish of a sim hockey league. Gray Ulery, the commish, is extremely helpful and attentive to the detail of keeping a league running well and fairly as he doesn't own a team in the league and is an impartial commish. He will go out of his way to be impartial on all matters and puts much thought and effort into this league.

Don't be scared off by the fact that this league doesn't display current ratings. I was hesitant of that at first, but I think it makes the league that much better. You actually have to put some effort into evaluating players and focus on hiring a good staff and good scout especially. Anyone can build a franchise by just looking at the current ratings and going after the best there is, but it takes skill to judge a player by his stats and potential ratings and decide whether there's room to improve, or wehther the guy is too injury prone to ever amount to an elite player (injury rating is also hidden).

Just to address the earlier post in this thread. Don't listen to him. He claims much knowledge, but his first post to the league was a blasting of the league to the group email list prior to even being introduced, and without asking for help with the settings file blasting it for a file not being available that was readily available, as well as the rest of the settings file folder for htose that have issues exporting with just the gms file. Take it from this owner and multiple other owners that can attest to the fun of this league. A double digit amount of owners keep active twitter accounts for their teams, among many other communication methods such as Gmail, nto to mention a mutliple times a week podcast that is done with call ins from owners and such. You'd have to look far and wide to find a league that offers this much depth.
rangers85 is offline   Reply With Quote