Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 08-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #81
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Ballparks in Progress v2

Hillman Field is the latest fictional stadium that I have completed. In my league it plays as a park that slightly favors pitchers with 330 to LF, 335 to RF and 405 to center.

Last edited by blueturf; 05-01-2010 at 12:28 PM.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #82
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

excellent work per usual BT
Old 08-31-2009, 06:36 PM   #83
conception
All Star Starter

All I can say is shamwow. The stadium design kind of defies conventions but that's what makes it very interesting and in a weird way, makes it seem real. The turf also really stands out, that something that I've been noting about your recent designs.

I'm glad I only replaced half the stadiums I was planning on for my fictional league. This one, with the nice but non-distinct metropolitan background, is going to fit in absolutely perfectly.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #84
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
The stadium design kind of defies conventions but that's what makes it very interesting and in a weird way, makes it seem real. The turf also really stands out, that something that I've been noting about your recent designs.
I agree, the makeup of the stadium is a little odd compared to normal designs. Since my league is in a fictional country, I usually take a few liberties with reality. I was trying to get an image in left field that matched the stands in right, but it never worked out. Thus the odd mixmatch of covered stands with the large stands in left-center.

The grass/turf comes from screen shots of MLB 2k9 that I came across a while ago. I run the risk of them becoming repetitive if I use them much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
This one, with the nice but non-distinct metropolitan background, is going to fit in absolutely perfectly.
My teams are located in metropolitan areas but is important that the skyline is not recognizable. This skyline is a hodgepodge of different architectural renderings.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #85
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Here is a wider angle view of the park. I have been trying to match the angle and perspective of the default field that comes with the game in order to make it easier to deal with coordinates and ball flight positions. Unfortunately, this means I have to zoom in and crop a lot of the details of the park.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #86
Athletics17
All Star Starter

sweet work.

Athletics17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 AM   #87
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletics17 View Post
sweet work.
Markus should hire him to do day/nite versions of all MLB parks.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 AM   #88
conception
All Star Starter

I prefer the wider view because the park looks even more impressive when you can see more of the details. The ball flight thing would be a bigger issue if I were setting up an entire league of stadiums from scratch, but all the rest of mine are set up and I don't mind spending 2-3 minutes getting a new stadium ready since I am going to have to come up with park factors and all that stuff anyhow.

My fictional leagues all use real cities, but some of them aren't in places where there would normally be baseball stadiums so I like the non-descript backgrounds. I'm using this as Istanbul because the skyline is actually pretty similar to the financial district there and I wanted something to represent that modern aspect of the city.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #89
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueturf View Post
The grass/turf comes from screen shots of MLB 2k9 that I came across a while ago. I run the risk of them becoming repetitive if I use them much more.
Outstanding work, blue. My memory can't erase the period where you took an hiatus. What a void while you were gone. Have always loved your creations.

That being said, in the OOTP format as it presently exists, becoming a bit repetitive, as goes turf alignments, may not be a bad thing for those who want to incorporate your work and select "use these settings for all parks" or whatever the terminology. Only minor adjustments follow based on the actual field alignment 'on the screen', but its basics are in place.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #90
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Sandy Hollow revision

I am slowly going through my older parks and updating the perspective of the field to match the default OOTPX field. Sandy Hollow is the latest park to get an update. The original can be seen here.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #91
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
U MAKE SOME KICK ASS STADIUMS...
i am in the process of setting up my Endor Baseball League which i have played on tony II, hardball and HH.....my team is the Endor City Capitals and while for the time being i have found a great logo (and i am raiding your photobucket) i use old comiskey for my base for Mon Mothma Ballpark u have 1 that looks like old comiskey that i am gonna use.

is there a chance u could use some of your existing stadiums but either put the team name somewhere for me or the city name.

i just saw 1 that had mountains in the background....it would be perfect for my Rocky Top Rockies.....i am looking for unique stadiums since my league is unique.....i have 1 team orig called Pine Tree Wookies which will get changed into New Kashyyk Bowcasters...if u r a star Wars fan u know that wookies r all tall and strong so i want a stadiun the size of Polo Grounds with 12 foot high walls....also do u have dimensions listed anywhere for your stadiums?

Also do u do custom Logos...i am more searching for someone top do city names vs just the logo itself....example Skywalker Jedi Knights would have a jedi knight in between a blue and green lightsaber dueling.
or i have a team called the Paradise City Scorpions but i want a logo similair to the San Francisco Giants with the SF on the cap or for Paradise City the PC on the cap.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #92
Chicagofan76
Banned

i just downloaded your stadium pack from padresfan
Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #93
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Hendricks Field

I haven't finished a park in a while and I finally had a little bit of time to put toward one tonight. I have about a half dozen stadiums that are in various stages of completion, but finding time and patience to finish one has been very limited lately.

This park started out as an attempt to make Seattle's Sicks Stadium, but it never got to the level I wanted and morphed into a fictional stadium.

I haven't figured out dimensions yet, but they should be pretty standard. Not a lot of quirks to this one.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #94
edm
All Star Starter

How did I not see these sooner. Beautiful work blueturf!

Last edited by edm; 08-16-2010 at 03:23 AM.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:56 AM   #95
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Nice!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:00 AM   #96
Fircoal
Minors (Double A)

These stadiums are epic. From what I've read you make everything using different photo files or just the background?

Fircoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #97
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

I just started looking into adding stadiums into my game play... These are absolutely amazing thanks for all of your hard work
longshotsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #98
Chicagofan76
Banned

hey blue any chance u could do a blueturf version of Bakerbowl or old Comiskey? or if i sent u some screenshots of parks from High Heat could ya do those? There's a version of the Baker Bowl that someone in the HH community made for the Cubs. And I tend to use it for every team I played on HH and I wanted to use it for my ABF Chicago Fire but I cant seem to get it in the game properly.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #99
blueturf
All Star Reserve

I have been away from the board for a while....it is great to see some new comments of others enjoying these stadiums. Some new fictional parks should be on the way soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
hey blue any chance u could do a blueturf version of Bakerbowl ..........
I have started and stopped an attempt at creating the Baker Bowl several times. I have had a little bit of time recently and had a little more luck at making a park look closer to the Baker Bowl. It still has some refining needed, but here is a tease for what it look like to this point. I will work on finishing it and a couple other fictional parks that are nearing completion over the next few weeks.
Attached Images
Old 03-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #100
conception
All Star Starter

I really like what the CF looks like in that picture. I like my fictional stadiums just like my real ones- with character. I can just imagine balls getting into that deep crevasse their and causing all kinds of trouble.