Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
mrbadguy
Minors (Triple A)

Askng for License Key??

Have been playing everyday and now the Home Screen is asking for my License Key.
Unfortunately is is not accepting my License Key. Double checked the one they sent my when purchased, but saying "not found in license server"

Anyone else having this issue? I did nothing different with my laptop. Closed it up after playing last night.
I even installed patch, just in case.
As of now I cannot access OOTPB 20.
mrbadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Make sure you installed the correct patch. They are different depending on when/where you purchased the game.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Be sure that you installed the patch that matches your purchase vendor, i.e. eSellerate or Fastspring. If you bought prior to June 20, you most likely bought in the eSellerate store, after that date in the FastSpring store.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:39 PM   #4
mrbadguy
Minors (Triple A)

ok. did reinstall it again from the Sellerate link twice. Seemed to work the second time. Thanks.
Just found it odd that it all of a sudden asked for my Key.
I only attempted to re-install (load patch) afterwards. Was literally playing a 6-7 hours ago.

Thanks again.
mrbadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadguy View Post
ok. did reinstall it again from the Sellerate link twice. Seemed to work the second time. Thanks.
Just found it odd that it all of a sudden asked for my Key.
I only attempted to re-install (load patch) afterwards. Was literally playing a 6-7 hours ago.

Thanks again.
Don't worry, it did that to a lot of people due to the license changes.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:49 PM   #6
Reggie
Major Leagues

I'm going to mention this even though I feel really dumb right now.. I had the same problem. I selected enter license key and my license was already auto filled into the dialog box so I hit enter. I got the message that it wasn't on the server.Downloaded the correct version at least 3 times and it still wouldn't work.

I even sent in a ticket and got a reply. While I was waiting for further instructions I compared the license key on my email receipt to the one auto filling in the dialog box. They were identical... minus the dashes. When I manually put in the dashes my game license worked. I had to write a note to the guy handling my support ticket telling him I figured it out and my membership to MENSA was denied.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:14 AM   #7
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

I lost the game a couple of weeks ago because my Windows 10 crashed. Now that my computer is running again I don’t have the game. Lukas is trying to reset my license key but it’s taking awhile because OOTP no longer uses esellerate. Don’t know when I’ll ever again be able to play the game. I did back up my data for the season I was playing so if I ever do get my license key reset, I should be able to continue my season (I hope).

Last edited by dbl4868; 11-02-2019 at 11:17 AM.
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

I'm glad I have the Steam version. Good luck and hope you'll have acces soon!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #9
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hageneezz View Post

Thanks!
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:05 AM   #10
Boom Boom
Major Leagues

I am having the same issue. It is asking for a license key. I select that and it auto-fills the information for me. The issue then says it can not be activated. This is frustrating. Why did I even download this patch? It worked just fine before.
Boom Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #11
wvualum06
Minors (Single A)

Same here

Last edited by wvualum06; 11-11-2019 at 07:51 PM.
wvualum06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #12
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

I'm having the issue that I enter the license key it activates immediately, works fine. Exit, come back a few days later, repeat. No issues really, but is it going to keep doing this every time I start the game?
Old 02-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #13
gold2rush6
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm still laughing. Thanks!
gold2rush6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:27 AM   #14
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hageneezz View Post

Honestly there shouldn't be separate versions. It just divides the player base.

Most companies if they are going Steam then they just go all in and stop having individual installers.

Why not just go 100% in on the biggest store front in all of the gaming world. Even Electronic Arts who tried to operate its own store went back to Steam this year.

Simple solution would just to give any user who has a problem a steam key. Then problem solved forever.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:29 AM   #15
Hasta la vista pelota
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Honestly there shouldn't be separate versions. It just divides the player base.

Most companies if they are going Steam then they just go all in and stop having individual installers.

Why not just go 100% in on the biggest store front in all of the gaming world. Even Electronic Arts who tried to operate its own store went back to Steam this year.

Simple solution would just to give any user who has a problem a steam key. Then problem solved forever.
Sounds like a good idea.

Also seems like we should have been adequately warned that this could happen to eSellerate buyers. I'm told it could be days before this is straightened out. As an above poster said, my game was working fine but I thought I needed the latest patch. Had I been warned that this would happen, I never would have downloaded the patch.

It's a shame, because I had just returned to playing OOTP after setting it aside for a few months. Now I have to set it aside again. Very frustrating (and to be fair, I'm sure it's become a colossal headache for the company).
Hasta la vista pelota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:56 AM   #16
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I honestly don't understand why people subject themselves to the third-party store that doesn't handle things automatically when they could also go to the third-party store that *does* everything for them. I held out on Steam for a very long time before snapping one day, and now lament having jumped through extra hoops for years. It's just that much more convenient...

People have posted before that they don't want to give Steam their cut. Why does it bother you who makes $3.50 more or less? If OOTPD couldn't afford putting the game on Steam they wouldn't put it there.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:36 AM   #17
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

I should post this on the OOTP21 side of things, but I'm having exactly the same issues with 21. Asking for license key most of the times I start the game.