Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:16 PM   #1
Celtic Forever
All Star Reserve

OOTP 21 Hype Will Start ... When?

Own OOTP 19 but not 20 - am very much looking forward to 21. Yet, I don't see much about it, here or elsewhere on the web. Does anyone have a rough idea when OOTP starts the hype train for a new release?
Celtic Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:22 PM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Starter

I imagine right around the start of Spring Training.

I'm really interested to see what the big reveal is this year now that we 3D players, Perfect Team and Tournaments implemented.

I really want an owner option that digs into controlling the financials and watching the game evolve.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2020, 12:17 AM   #3
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Ootp series, especially 20 has turned me into a baseball fan and enjoying it immensely. It's been actually quite refreshing to learn a new sport other than just the NHL over all these dang years.

So I'll echo that I'm excited for Ootp21 as well
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:04 AM   #4
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

It would be sort of cool: Pitchers and catchers report, and OOTPD reports some basic info to the OOTP fourm community!

But, Marcus mentioned something on the OOTP 20 fourm that it looks like it will be around another 4 weeks.

And I agree with PG; with a lot of this stuff well underway in 20, I'm really looking forward to seeing how things improve and develop in 21.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:32 AM   #5
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Besides obviously the bollocks rule changes this year there isn't a whole lot you can substantially add to the base game anymore. It's just that good.

I mean, you can always add faff like setting the prices for parking, booze, and hot dogs, but ... eh... or the social media crap that invaded FM, and that you constantly have to pat your multimillionaire players' souls to Keep them happy.

Nothing that I need in the game...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:13 AM   #6
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Besides obviously the bollocks rule changes this year there isn't a whole lot you can substantially add to the base game anymore. It's just that good.

I mean, you can always add faff like setting the prices for parking, booze, and hot dogs, but ... eh... or the social media crap that invaded FM, and that you constantly have to pat your multimillionaire players' souls to Keep them happy.

To some extent, you are right; if you read the suggestions, a lot of it is related to customization. And I do agree that the base game, at least in terms of base functionality, is great.

However, they can always continue to improve things like the AI and 3D.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:15 AM   #7
Galeg
Major Leagues

Some aspects of the UI are really clunky for the times and haven't been changed at all in years so that is my big hope for 21.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
Some aspects of the UI are really clunky for the times and haven't been changed at all in years so that is my big hope for 21.
Yeah, I've been hoping for this for ages. Having more control over font size has become my white whale for this program -- it really sucks that the largest I can get my fonts to appear is about the equivalent of 8-point in MS Office -- and being able to set colors beyond the three skins would be a godsend (especially now that Windows has drastically limited my ability on that front). Being able to use Ctrl+Tab to navigate would be very helpful, too.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:44 PM   #9
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I really hope it it things that have been in for years now like scouting and make them to where they actually work.

The last major hurdle to actually make it feel like your running a professional sports franchise is finances.
OOTP has a pretty simplistic financial model and I feel like this is the least area that needs a lot of features and attention.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #10
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Question

Ooooh... I didn't know that OOTP 21 was in the works. Based on previous years, should I expect an OOTP 21 sale (less than $40) once OOTP 21 is released? Also, what is the deal for late OOTP 20 purchasers? If someone were to purchase OOTP 20 today, would they still have to pay full price (or sale price) or do the developers provide an automatic upgrade to OOTP 21 or a greatly reduced price for OOTP 21?
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #11
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
Ooooh... I didn't know that OOTP 21 was in the works. Based on previous years, should I expect an OOTP 21 sale (less than $40) once OOTP 21 is released? Also, what is the deal for late OOTP 20 purchasers? If someone were to purchase OOTP 20 today, would they still have to pay full price (or sale price) or do the developers provide an automatic upgrade to OOTP 21 or a greatly reduced price for OOTP 21?
I think right now you can get OOTP 20 on sale for 50% off.

You can import your saved game into 21. There is no discount on 21 if you own 20, as there is a new version of the game every year. But there is always a pre-order discount.

-Cal
Old 02-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #12
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
There is no automatic upgrade and while I don't know the cost of OOTP 21 I can't imagine it being more than $40 based on previous versions.

I have bought every version since OOTP 12 and it's been worth every dollar and then some.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2020, 08:58 PM   #13
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

From an official standpoint, we'll be talking about OOTP 21 in super lengthy and great detail on all of our social channels later this month. We have plenty of improvements, additions and enhancements to both the core game and PT that we are very excited to show you!

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:38 PM   #14
treymancini
Minors (Triple A)

There are still several things that can be done to improve the game, namely making a more realistic draft, and improving the busted international amateur system. Those would be the two biggest for me, especially the internationals.
treymancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:07 AM   #15
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

Optimization for modern CPUs with many cores; better AI roster construction and trades; better UI and interface; better player development and coaching; pitch design and intentional pitch mix changes; more and deeper stats (it's fairly basic right now; we don't have xFIP let alone something like xwOBAcon), including Statcast stuff that's tied into the game's performance calculations; better 3D graphics and animation...

OOTP is the best sports sim, but there are thousands of things that could be made even better over time.

(Agree on not wanting superfluous FM-like features for the sake of it, especially FM's awful and repetitive "conversations.")
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote