Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:55 PM   #121
aks62
Major Leagues

I've reset my league and am still finding players hitting an absurdly high batting average (close to, if not over .400). Any way to fix this?
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:24 PM   #122
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks62 View Post
I've reset my league and am still finding players hitting an absurdly high batting average (close to, if not over .400). Any way to fix this?
How are you setting up your league? Are you using the Quickstart? Historical? What settings have you changed? Need more info.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:38 PM   #123
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
How are you setting up your league? Are you using the Quickstart? Historical? What settings have you changed? Need more info.
Quickstart but I've changed a few settings - none of the gameplay settings (i.e. offense/pitching trends), though. I also did live start for MLB, and all leagues except World Cup are included.

Last edited by aks62; 04-01-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #124
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Here are some of the stats, as of July 29 (in the new league with the same problems).

Last edited by aks62; 12-28-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:14 PM   #125
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Lastly, fwiw, I didn't have this problem in a league I created before the latest patch.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:44 PM   #126
aks62
Major Leagues

Bellinger at it again - similar stats, too. I've noticed my game favors Marcus Semien in the AL (.397 BA this time), along with Tim Beckham, Khris Davis, Matt Chapman and, to a lesser extent, Joey Gallo (if you believe 60 HR is out of reach for him). Bellinger and Joc Pederson get the favorability in the NL. Interestingly, all these players are in the West Division, regardless of which league.

These were the same usual suspects as my last league setup. Maybe there's an issue with their attributes? There's a steep drop-off in talent after these guys that's more in line with what you'd expect from top performers.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #127
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Bellinger at it again - similar stats, too. I've noticed my game favors Marcus Semien in the AL (.397 BA this time), along with Tim Beckham, Khris Davis, Matt Chapman and, to a lesser extent, Joey Gallo (if you believe 60 HR is out of reach for him). Bellinger and Joc Pederson get the favorability in the NL. Interestingly, all these players are in the West Division, regardless of which league.

These were the same usual suspects as my last league setup. Maybe there's an issue with their attributes? There's a steep drop-off in talent after these guys that's more in line with what you'd expect from top performers.
I tried submitting a help ticket with the provided instructions, but the server won't accept my file. I am on a Mac (full disclosure) but was able to compress the files according to your directions. Nevertheless, I can't seemingly send you my file for review.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:54 PM   #128
aks62
Major Leagues

TJ Rivera of the Mets' contract is listed at $0 with 0 years left on the deal.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #129
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
TJ Rivera of the Mets' contract is listed at $0 with 0 years left on the deal.
He was released on March 9th.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #130
gosensgo101
Minors (Triple A)

Emerson Jimenez transitioned to pitcher last year https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=jimene000eme

Josh Almonte transitioned to pitcher last year https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=almont000jos
gosensgo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #131
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
He was released on March 9th.
I know, but the game still has him as part of the Mets' roster with the information I provided.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:42 PM   #132
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
I know, but the game still has him as part of the Mets' roster with the information I provided.
He has not been on the Mets roster for a while in the roster set, what build are you on?
Old 04-04-2019, 10:34 PM   #133
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
He has not been on the Mets roster for a while in the roster set, what build are you on?
20.1.32. Current build. He's listed on the Mets IL.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:28 AM   #134
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Sorry, meant to ask what build did you begin your current save on. I created a new game with build 32 and he is a free agent.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:45 PM   #135
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Sorry, meant to ask what build did you begin your current save on. I created a new game with build 32 and he is a free agent.
Think it was this one? If not, definitely no earlier than the last build (20.0.29).
Old 04-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #136
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Definitely was not build 32, otherwise he would be a free agent.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #137
Brian James
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It seems to me that Paul DeJong, Fernando Tatis, Eric Hosmer, and Amed Rosario could all have their fielding ratings adjusted a bit, up for DeJong and Tatis and down for Hosmer and Rosario.

I know Hosmer's won a bunch of Gold Gloves, but that's just evidence that managers shouldn't get to vote for awards. He's good at digging out low throws, and that's the easiest thing for managers to notice, but he's been negative in DRS and UZR for both his career and for his combined last three seasons.

Rosario is currently rated as an elite shortstop, but he's been quite poor there the whole time he's been in the majors.

DeJong has been a pretty solid fielder as a major league shortstop.

The game has Tatis as a pretty meh fielder at short. Every prospect list I've seen considers him at least somewhat above-average.
Brian James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:08 AM   #138
Six String Guild
Bat Boy

I just imported Juan Soto from the historical_database.odb into my list of free agents and he's listed as a First Baseman. He plays left field. Thanks.
Six String Guild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:13 AM   #139
khucke
All Star Reserve

Injury and Injury List dating problem

First, your work on the rosters (esp. the minors and foreign leagues) is absolutely admirable! But there is one thing that needs adjustments: it' injuries and IL duration. The cut-off date for the roster seems to be March 28, opening day, which is ok. The duration of the injuries are also calculated from March 28 onward. The in.game start date is March 18 though. There a host of players leaving the IL on March 29th instead of April 7 or 8.

In real life there were a large number of players put on the IL on March 28 when teams set up their opening day rosters, they become available again April 7 or 8., whereas in game they become available March 28 or 29 after an IL stint that began March 18 (in-game).

PS: the injury duration of Lowrie and Frazier from the Mets ought to be adjusted. At opening day Frazier was expected to be back at the end of April and Lowrie mid to end of May.
khucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:45 AM   #140
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by khucke View Post
First, your work on the rosters (esp. the minors and foreign leagues) is absolutely admirable! But there is one thing that needs adjustments: it' injuries and IL duration. The cut-off date for the roster seems to be March 28, opening day, which is ok. The duration of the injuries are also calculated from March 28 onward. The in.game start date is March 18 though. There a host of players leaving the IL on March 29th instead of April 7 or 8.

In real life there were a large number of players put on the IL on March 28 when teams set up their opening day rosters, they become available again April 7 or 8., whereas in game they become available March 28 or 29 after an IL stint that began March 18 (in-game).

PS: the injury duration of Lowrie and Frazier from the Mets ought to be adjusted. At opening day Frazier was expected to be back at the end of April and Lowrie mid to end of May.
Unfortunately the game starts at a different date depending on which leagues you choose to begin with, so the dates are going to be off 9 times out of 10. Hopefully this will be addressed in the future.
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote