Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #301
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

The new additions are really cool, and the continued improvements to the core game like the 3D and AI are very much appreciated.

I always like new features that add to realism & simulation value, but I have thought since at least OOTP 18, that more time and resources should be spent on improving features that are we already have in the game. And it appears that OOTP 20 will strike a good balance between improving the core-game, and adding new features, like having players in the lineup backup other positions, and substitute-in starting lineups for them, and the spray charts.

Looking forward to another great year for OOTP Baseball!
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:41 PM   #302
lukess1
Bat Boy

What time will the beta codes be sent out?
lukess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:17 AM   #303
Metsvir2
Minors (Double A)

How is multicore performance improved from 19?

OOTP 2007/8

Year 1 - 101-61 World Series Champions

OOTP 9

Year 2 - 70-31 NL East lead by 19 games
Metsvir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #304
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post

The irony of someone who calls a game that uses buttons to swing/pitch/field as "arcade"
You have confused "irony" with "accuracy"

(Snipped as the rest of it is garbage.)

Last edited by klkitchens; 03-15-2019 at 08:41 AM.
klkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:12 PM   #305
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I hate arguments about definitions. Whether you choose to call it arcade or not, I will not buy any sports game that uses my own dexterity, which is a 5 or 6 on the D&D scale, to reach game results. Other people are happy doing that. They have plenty of other games to play..
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:32 PM   #306
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

wake me up when its monday!!! hurry codes hurry!!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #307
ink625
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post

No, if you're closed minded as you demonstrate
This will be my last response on the subject.

This isn't a closed minded vs. open minded situation. We're not discussing the morality of the death penalty or whether you think the legal drinking age in the U.S. should be 21 or 18.

We're talking objective facts, that MLB: The Show is a simulation style series of baseball video games, versus objective falsehoods, that MLB: The Show is an arcade style series of baseball video games.

You can say "it's arcade", and "you control the players therefore it's arcade!" until you're blue in the face, but it won't change the facts.

Lastly, I'd like to apologize for any animosity I stirred up with my initial reply. I sincerely had no intention of starting an argument and never thought the conversation would go this far.
If you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and will believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
-Romans 10:9,10
ink625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #308
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
When playing a "Random Debut Historical League," will the game include Negro League and Nippon League historical players?

If not, can we manually import them?
I think yes but not until the color barrier was broken. At least I think that's how it works in 19 now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by pgjocki; 03-15-2019 at 05:40 PM.
pgjocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:44 PM   #309
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

As an OG OOTP (from 92, the first EP), in for 20th anniversary thread.

My favorite addition is The Link. Can't wait.

Last edited by Rizon; 03-15-2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: I have my reasons
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:29 AM   #310
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink625 View Post
This will be my last response on the subject.

This isn't a closed minded vs. open minded situation. We're not discussing the morality of the death penalty or whether you think the legal drinking age in the U.S. should be 21 or 18.
Agreed... but I wasn't the one to bring up "closed mindedness" either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink625 View Post
We're talking objective facts, that MLB: The Show is a simulation style series of baseball video games, versus objective falsehoods, that MLB: The Show is an arcade style series of baseball video games.

You can say "it's arcade", and "you control the players therefore it's arcade!" until you're blue in the face, but it won't change the facts.
Very cute and highly rude your reply.

outside of your mind you're not the be all end all of definition declaration. I'm not getting blue in the face from stating the clear truth that "The Show" is, without any reasonable dispute, an arcade style game, by the classic and unchanged definition. as some have suggested, it does have a simulation mode as well... but the simulation mode does not allow the gamers to control the movements and actions of the players on the screen. That is reserved clearly for the arcade mode. The facts are completely on my side in this matter.

I'm really sorry you don't get it and feel this need to intentionally divorce yourself from reality...

But as you've said it was your last post on the subject, I'm sure the rest of the community doesn't want to see you continue to embarrass yourself on the issue, so it's probably for the best.

Now that this is settled, let's focus on OOTP in the OOTP forum and not debate some other arcade game.

Last edited by klkitchens; 03-16-2019 at 01:31 AM.
klkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:05 AM   #311
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
Agreed... but I wasn't the one to bring up "closed mindedness" either.

Very cute and highly rude your reply.

outside of your mind you're not the be all end all of definition declaration. I'm not getting blue in the face from stating the clear truth that "The Show" is, without any reasonable dispute, an arcade style game, by the classic and unchanged definition. as some have suggested, it does have a simulation mode as well... but the simulation mode does not allow the gamers to control the movements and actions of the players on the screen. That is reserved clearly for the arcade mode. The facts are completely on my side in this matter.

I'm really sorry you don't get it and feel this need to intentionally divorce yourself from reality...

But as you've said it was your last post on the subject, I'm sure the rest of the community doesn't want to see you continue to embarrass yourself on the issue, so it's probably for the best.

Now that this is settled, let's focus on OOTP in the OOTP forum and not debate some other arcade game.
Im just going to say one thing.... I guess playing actual baseball is "arcade" too because the players have direct influence of the outcome, right? Whether im playing or not, what is the difference if the gameplay and stats are both realistic? IDC if your argument is that Im influencing the game, because even if I set it to CPUvsCPU the game could play out the same exact way.

The fact of the matter is, you can play MLB: The Show with an arcade or simulation mindset, but the game itself was designed to play out in a realistic manner.

Again, playing it out CPUvsCPU could result in the exact same gameplay is if it was USERvsCPU, but there are sliders in the game to make it both arcade AND a sim. I could point you to Operation Sports so you can have this debate with everyone over there.
itsmb8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #312
stevem810
All Star Starter

Consider taking this conversation to a PM status, please.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:14 PM   #313
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
MLB The Show is absolutely a sim. Lol. How is this even a debate? Yikes.
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #314
Tarheelphenom
Bat Boy

What is Simulation Game
1. A game in which participants are provided with a simulated environment in which to play.
2. A game that contains a mixture of skill, chance, and strategy to simulate an aspect of reality, or a simulation that has a game structure imposed on the system.

By this definition both OOTP Baseball and MLB The Show would be classified as Sim games.
Tarheelphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #315
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelphenom View Post
What is Simulation Game
1. A game in which participants are provided with a simulated environment in which to play.
2. A game that contains a mixture of skill, chance, and strategy to simulate an aspect of reality, or a simulation that has a game structure imposed on the system.

By this definition both OOTP Baseball and MLB The Show would be classified as Sim games.
Who cares? How did the mods let this thread get so "hijacked"?
Old 03-17-2019, 01:24 PM   #316
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Yikes. It's like, that stupid dress from a year or two ago; depending on how you look at it, you either see a simulation or an arcade game.

Either way, we all look silly trying to definitively proclaim it as one or the other when it can be both.

As to OOTP, I would desperately appreciate more images, video, and text from the Dev Team on the new game, please!
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #317
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner and Giants Fan View Post
Who cares? How did the mods let this thread get so "hijacked"?
Good thing I'm not an admin because I would have blocked him already and banned his email from ever purchasing another copy of OOTP. The stupidity is not worth his $40.

At this point I'd donate to a fund to make up for his lost revenue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #318
tward13
All Star Starter

Well this thread is one way to kill time until the release.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #319
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Well this thread is one way to kill time until the release.
ain't that the truth LOL.... however I been playing pertect team the last 2 days to pass the time … is interesting to say the least (the 19 version) LOL
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:55 PM   #320
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Who is winning sim or arcade?
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote