Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:58 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

How Do You Create a Promotion-Relegation League?

I want to create a 2-League Promotion Relegation Association.

I want 6 teams in League #1.
I want 6 teams in League #2.
I want to promote 2 teams each season from League #2 to League #1 and relegate 2 teams from League #1 to League #2.

I would like the talent level of both leagues to be Major League.

Is this possible?

I have tried to make a custom league, but I couldn't figure out how to make the two leagues independent of one another... that is required for promotion and relegation.

All I could see was the creation of subleagues… not leagues.

Read the manual... not much help.
Also tried to run a test league with the Quickstart Promotion League... to see what the set up was... but it wasn't any help.
The Quickstart Promotion League was too large... it had 24 teams in each league and 4 leagues... I tried to edit it down to just 2 leagues with 6 teams in each, but it wouldn't work if I deleted 2 of the leagues..

Would appreciate your help and advice.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-14-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:43 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Would you believe I did it myself?

Created a custom league with one one subleague and 6 teams.

Then added another league to the first subleague with one subleague and 6 teams.

They are both separate leagues, which you have to have to use Promotion and Relegation.

My new North Island Recreational League is set to begin soon at a ballpark near you... check it out on the OOTP Dynasty Forum.

Wow, I'm excited!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:32 PM   #3
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Would you believe I did it myself?

Created a custom league with one one subleague and 6 teams.

Then added another league to the first subleague with one subleague and 6 teams.

They are both separate leagues, which you have to have to use Promotion and Relegation.

My new North Island Recreational League is set to begin soon at a ballpark near you... check it out on the OOTP Dynasty Forum.

Wow, I'm excited!

Pro/Rel is a lot of fun in a fictional environment. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun !

Make sure you double check certain settings...I'm mentioning because I overlooked them and had to go back to the drawing board a few times.

Mainly...make sure the trade settings are to your liking (do you allow trading between the independent leagues or not ?) and also make sure Free Agency is set to your liking as well.

You may have everything set right but just a small piece of advice from someone who had to recreate his universe a few times before getting it right...
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:29 AM   #4
Eric
All Star Starter

[Posted link to manual before realizing he already read the manual]

Last edited by Eric; 03-15-2019 at 12:30 AM.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:47 AM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
Pro/Rel is a lot of fun in a fictional environment. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun !

Make sure you double check certain settings...I'm mentioning because I overlooked them and had to go back to the drawing board a few times.

Mainly...make sure the trade settings are to your liking (do you allow trading between the independent leagues or not ?) and also make sure Free Agency is set to your liking as well.

You may have everything set right but just a small piece of advice from someone who had to recreate his universe a few times before getting it right...
Thanks for the help and advice.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

eldurr00,

Does the automatic mode work well for Promotion and Relegation.

Would it be better to manually do it.?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:31 AM   #7
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
eldurr00,

Does the automatic mode work well for Promotion and Relegation.

Would it be better to manually do it.?

Sadly, I have a very specific setup so I don't use automatic in fear it would mess it up.

I have 4 leagues, the top 3 are single division typical league used for pro/rel, but my lowest level league is a typical 30 teams league mimicking the MLB. I make the winner of the WS of that league be promoted. I only promote/demote one team one way or another because I'm mean like that, lol.

I can't speak for automatic, hopefully someone can chime in. I would think in a "normal" setup it should work fine, but I don't know.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sadly, I have a very specific setup so I don't use automatic in fear it would mess it up.

I have 4 leagues, the top 3 are single division typical league used for pro/rel, but my lowest level league is a typical 30 teams league mimicking the MLB. I make the winner of the WS of that league be promoted. I only promote/demote one team one way or another because I'm mean like that, lol.

I can't speak for automatic, hopefully someone can chime in. I would think in a "normal" setup it should work fine, but I don't know.
It may not be the right way to do it, but when I have a choice to manually do it, that's the way I do it... I have more faith in me than the AI... and I don't have a lot of facts to back me up on this.

I always choose my All-Star Teams manually... Awards and HOF, too.

My apologies to the OOTP AI, wherever you are.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #9
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
It may not be the right way to do it, but when I have a choice to manually do it, that's the way I do it... I have more faith in me than the AI... and I don't have a lot of facts to back me up on this.

I always choose my All-Star Teams manually... Awards and HOF, too.

My apologies to the OOTP AI, wherever you are.
This will serve you well with using promotion/relegation. Left to it's own devices, the AI will pick award winners after teams are promoted and relegated out. It will not "see" the stats of any of these teams' players when voting occurs and some very deserving players will not win. I always manually pick the winners and then execute the promotion relegation function.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
This will serve you well with using promotion/relegation. Left to it's own devices, the AI will pick award winners after teams are promoted and relegated out. It will not "see" the stats of any of these teams' players when voting occurs and some very deserving players will not win. I always manually pick the winners and then execute the promotion relegation function.
Thank you very much... this is great to know.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:54 PM   #11
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
This seems to have been fixed in v20, as I have seen promoted/relegated players win awards in their previous division even after pro/rel has occurred.

That said, is there anyway to have the team's who are pro/rel have their records show up in the league history for that season? It just shows as 0-0 with no team stats on the register.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:27 PM   #12
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
This seems to have been fixed in v20, as I have seen promoted/relegated players win awards in their previous division even after pro/rel has occurred.

That said, is there anyway to have the team's who are pro/rel have their records show up in the league history for that season? It just shows as 0-0 with no team stats on the register.
That sounds bad... it would be nice for the game to track the teams' histories... you should write it up as a problem in tech support... maybe they don't know this.

I guess I'll find out at the end of my first season... never used promotion/relegation before.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:40 PM   #13
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
That sounds bad... it would be nice for the game to track the teams' histories... you should write it up as a problem in tech support... maybe they don't know this.

I guess I'll find out at the end of my first season... never used promotion/relegation before.
Turns out that it reappears AFTER we get to the next preseason.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:12 PM   #14
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
Turns out that it reappears AFTER we get to the next preseason.
Great!

Glad to know team history will be accurate.

Little things like this bother people like EC.