Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:12 AM   #1
Rafusedj
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Roster issues QMJHL PTG

I just have a couple of things in regards to operating a QMJHL team in PTG mode:

First I would like to say that FHM 3 seems much more smooth and less "clunky" than FHM 2 and I am able to navigate through menus with relative ease which is a nice step up from where the game was a year ago.

My issues however are with the roster management aspect of the game. I am playing as the Halifax Mooseheads and have the ability to send players to my reserve roster. But when I try and click on the reserve roster button in the roster menu it is grayed out which forces me to go to my protected list to find the player. Not a huge issue and I'm not sure if it is supposed to be grayed out but wanted to bring up the point.

My next issue is when trading for a player. I made a transaction with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles for Evgeny Svechnikov. I looked at his stats and it had said that he played 8 games for the Eagles, however when looking for him in the trade screen I could only find him in the "rights" section. After acquiring the player I discover that he is playing on the Red Wings even though is 2016/2017 stats have him playing in the QMJHL. Not sure if this is a bug butwanted to point it out.

Another thing that I really liked from the OOTP series (and it is just a suggestion, I realize that it is a separate game and in no way want to try and compare the two) but I like the fact that on my personal home screen in OOTP I can see each of my affiliated teams including their record and position in the standings. Along with this I am able to click on each team and be taken to a general overview of their roster, lineup, etc... Not sure if that is something that can be done but I sometimes feel that my affiliated teams in FHM 3 are somewhat forgotten and not part of my overall world. Considering how many roster moves are made each year it would be nice to quickly be able to click on each team and see player and team stats which I believe would better immerse them in my game.

Finally I believe it has been stated before but just wanted to reiterate the statement. Sometimes when advancing a day I get the message "Attention Check your lineup" without telling me what parts of my line up are incorrect. I am a hockey fan and generally get the roster rules for each league but I think including what roster issues are present when trying to advance would be helpful to new players and users who maybe new to hockey in general.

That is what I have come up with so far but wanted to finish up by saying that I believe this game has made huge steps and has grabbed and kept my interest which is a nice change from the past 2 FHM games!
Rafusedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:36 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

That's odd about the reserve roster, you shouldn't be getting that option at all. Halifax is set to use the Atlantica Canada Jr B team as a farm team. I just tried it and it was working properly for me. Are you able to send player to the Junior B team at all, or is reserve the only option?

Not sure what happened with Svechnikov, but my guess would be a late signing by Detroit before the start of the season. 8 games is just about right for a QMJHL team before the NHL season starts.

Working on getting better popup messages, they're too generic now.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
Rafusedj
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the reply Jeff. Things look to be back to normal with the reserve rosters.

The Evgeny Svechnikov problem however is taking a weird turn. I currently own his QMJHL rights and when I try to sign him it tells me that I cannot sign players from the NHL, however for some reason he is still accumulating games played and stats for the Screaming Eagles (his original QMJHL team). Therefore it looks like he is still playing in the QMJHL for the Screaming Eagles even though I made the trade for his rights.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Very strange. We'd like to have a look at that save, can you upload it? Instructions on using the ftp site here, or just put it on a file sharing site like filedropper.com or dropbox and send me the link.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:27 PM   #5
Rafusedj
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Jeff

I believe I just uploaded my files. I have never done this before so if you have any issues please let me know! Hope I was able to help!
Old 10-26-2016, 02:08 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got it, thanks, we'll check it out.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #7
mokahpee
Bat Boy

I know that this is an older thread, but I'm having the same issue.

I traded for the rights of 2 players (who have signed NHL contracts) in the OHL, but both are still actively playing for the team in which I traded with.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
mokahpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:24 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm pretty sure we fixed that a while back. Is it happening in a game you've started recently? If so, we'd like to see the save.