Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 04-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM2 Bonus Update, Version 2.8.61, Now Available!

Our bonus update for FHM2, version 2.8.61, has just been released.

To apply the update if you are playing the eSellerate version of the game, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. If you are on Steam, the update should occur automatically, either as soon as we make the file available or when you launch the game, depending on your Steam settings.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but any fixes involving the database updates in the update will require a new start to be fully effective, and some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

General notes: We hadn't planned on doing another update, but as we began work on FHM3 it turned out that one of our early interface changes, the addition of the often-requested depth chart, was very easy to add to the older code. So, rather than make you wait until next year, we decided we'd give it to you now as a thank-you for your ongoing support of FHM. That also gave us the opportunity to throw in a few more small tweaks and fixes in other areas, where it was quick and safe to do so, and make some small database adjustments.

Changes:

1. Elite player generation for the non-major hockey countries (outside the top 8-10) has been tuned down, the B-Pool type nations can still occasionally produce a player that's a potential NHL star, but not a superstar and only very rarely (i.e., no more than one every couple of decades.)

2. Potential among generated players has been rebalanced at the highest level, so the talent distribution of the Superstar/Hall of Fame caliber players will be less uniform. Basically, more 5/5.5-star players and fewer 6+ ones. Additionally, the allowable range for potentials in generated players has been increased slightly.

3. Junior preferences (college vs. major junior vs. Europe) in generated players adjusted to increase the number of players, particularly higher-potential Europeans, willing to play major junior.

4. Players' junior preference is also now visible on the player screen (Profile page, Contract section, at the bottom.)

5. German league and playoff rules updated.

New Additions:

6. A depth chart view has been added to the Team menu (at the end of the list, after Scouting.) It lists all the players you currently have signed or own the rights to, in approximate order of their current ability. In addition, there's a prospect roundup that identifies your top younger players (in order of overall potential), and a list of all the draft picks you own in the next three drafts (assuming your league has a draft.)

Bug Fixes:

7. Higher-potential European players should now use a different table for selecting their junior preferences, as intended, instead of all players selecting from the table intended for lower-quality players.

8. News stories about award winners should no longer appear twice at the end of the season when playing a major junior league.

9. Miscounting of CHL protected lists during the CHL Import Draft fixed.

10. KHL two-way contracts should now function properly.

11. WHL third-round playoffs should now seed correctly.

12. The database typo that put Milan Michalek on the Senators' roster in the Current start is fixed, he'll be a Leaf now.

Last edited by JeffR; 02-23-2022 at 03:45 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #2
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you for depth charts!!!!!
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
frogman210
Major Leagues

Thank you so much! this is incredible! This is one major thing that I didn't even realize I missed big time until I started playing in my online league and was trying to see my franchise depth at various positions and top prospects etc. how other hockey management games do. Thank you SO much for adding this as a bonus update to FHM2 it is going to be a really huge help to our amazing online league that this game has made possible
frogman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:00 PM   #4
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

Unreal. Thank you so much for this update, and for your continued engagement.
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Excellent bonus update! Many thanks!

Questions regarding the College/Junior/Europe preferences-- I've looked through the initial draft class and all of the Euros I've looked at (probably 50+) have 'Junior' as a preference. Did they all get set to that as a default? Or is this a reflection of them looking at the different preference table for high-potential players? Also, are these static preferences or dynamic preferences based on performance, potential for ice time, injury, loyalty, etc.?

Also, looking at some of the sure-fire NHL prospects from Europe, guys like Andrei Vasilevskiy and Jonas Brodin, who are either in the NHL or knocking on the door-- they have 'Europe' listed as a preference. Are they at risk for bolting to Europe when they reach free agency, or is this a reflection of their historical path to the NHL? Ditto for established stars like Victor Hedman and Erik Karlsson.

A couple of questions regarding depth charts-- when looking at another team's depth chart/prospect chart, are we seeing how they rank their players, or how our scouting team ranks their players? Also, do the rankings for current ability strongly favour defensive ratings for defenders, rather than offensive ratings? I currently have Jake Gardiner sitting in 8th place on my Maple Leafs depth chart, behind such luminaries as Stuart Percy, Stephane Robidas, Scott Harrington, and Martin Marincin.
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #6
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
12. The database typo that put Milan Michalek on the Senators' roster in the Current start is fixed, he'll be a Leaf now.
I believe this to be the final piece of the Leafs roster to make the playoffs and win the cup.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:41 PM   #7
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Sweet! A depth chart is definitely a great addition. I'll use it all the time.
Thanks!
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 12:47 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadehariast View Post
Excellent bonus update! Many thanks!

Questions regarding the College/Junior/Europe preferences-- I've looked through the initial draft class and all of the Euros I've looked at (probably 50+) have 'Junior' as a preference. Did they all get set to that as a default?
The 2016 NHL draft class? No, the ones actually playing Canada will have the junior preference, but Laine, Puljujarvi, Lundestrom, etc. are set to Europe.

Quote:
Or is this a reflection of them looking at the different preference table for high-potential players? Also, are these static preferences or dynamic preferences based on performance, potential for ice time, injury, loyalty, etc.?
Static, set on generation at the start of the game.

Quote:
Also, looking at some of the sure-fire NHL prospects from Europe, guys like Andrei Vasilevskiy and Jonas Brodin, who are either in the NHL or knocking on the door-- they have 'Europe' listed as a preference. Are they at risk for bolting to Europe when they reach free agency, or is this a reflection of their historical path to the NHL? Ditto for established stars like Victor Hedman and Erik Karlsson.
Just a reflection of the historical path, I've been setting those for a while now in case we want to make use of it in historical mode at some point. Once they've got North American experience, it won't make a difference in their willingness to stay in North America.

Quote:
A couple of questions regarding depth charts-- when looking at another team's depth chart/prospect chart, are we seeing how they rank their players, or how our scouting team ranks their players?
Yours. Anytime you're viewing other players while running a team, it'll be from the standpoint of your scouts.

Quote:
Also, do the rankings for current ability strongly favour defensive ratings for defenders, rather than offensive ratings? I currently have Jake Gardiner sitting in 8th place on my Maple Leafs depth chart, behind such luminaries as Stuart Percy, Stephane Robidas, Scott Harrington, and Martin Marincin.
No, there's no bias towards either offensive or defensive ratings for defenceman. Mark Streit starts at the top of the Flyers' list, for example (although Gostisbehere will typically pass him as he develops during the season.)
Old 04-16-2016, 01:18 AM   #9
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
The 2016 NHL draft class? No, the ones actually playing Canada will have the junior preference, but Laine, Puljujarvi, Lundestrom, etc. are set to Europe.
Thanks for the reply, Jeff. I'm playing a game that started with 2.7.53, and in December 2015, all of the top Euro prospects for the 2016 draft (Laine, Puljujarvi, etc) are showing "Junior" for me-- even the ones from the KHL. I'm guessing it may have to do with the fact that it's not a save started with 2.8.61.
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:21 AM   #10
Bookker92
Bat Boy

Thanks a lot for the update, I created an account just to say I'm 100% behind that game since the beginning

Amazing work in all aspects, keep it up !

Last edited by Bookker92; 04-23-2016 at 05:06 AM.
Bookker92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:11 AM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Good job guys!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #12
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

I bought the game though the Apple app store. Will the update show up there or should I download the full version from the link provided?
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:31 PM   #13
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Since the update the game has become unstable and slow. I haven't been able to sim a day, because it takes about a minute for the percentage counter to go up 1%. The game stops responding about once or twice when simming, or when going to the Free Agents page.

Also, noticed there wasn't anything to fix the bug where former teams don't replace their GM's if I resign or don't sign an extension with them. Curious if anybody else has had that bug?
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #14
skottep
Bat Boy

love it, thanks!!
skottep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:57 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Since the update the game has become unstable and slow. I haven't been able to sim a day, because it takes about a minute for the percentage counter to go up 1%. The game stops responding about once or twice when simming, or when going to the Free Agents page.
That sounds like something has gone wrong with the update installation - you may want to uninstall and do a fresh reinstall (just take the option to keep your saved games and settings when doing that.) The other possibility is a corrupted save, but I'd try the reinstallation first.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #16
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
That sounds like something has gone wrong with the update installation - you may want to uninstall and do a fresh reinstall (just take the option to keep your saved games and settings when doing that.) The other possibility is a corrupted save, but I'd try the reinstallation first.
I did that and it seemed to fix it. I deleted all my files though and just started from scratch. It still briefly stops "responding" whenever I save, but that takes a few seconds at most, not a game breaker.

Any idea about teams not hiring replacement GM's if I don't sign an extension? Is that maybe a Steam specific issue, since I haven't seen any other posts about it on here and couldn't find anything when I searched so I'm really confused about what it could be. I did post about it in the Bugs thread with a lot more information about it and some pictures to show what's happening.

Anyway, I forgot to mention in my first post, you guys made a really good game here It's a major step up from FHM 2014, and I can't wait to see what FHM 3 brings. Keep up the great work.

EDIT: The bug doesn't happen when I resign from a team, however it used to in an earlier build but that isn't an issue anymore. So I bought the game via the OOTP website (eSellerate - may aswell support the developers twice lol) and it has the same bug where if you reject an extension and then sim past June 30, XXXX you'll still get notifications from the team although you're unemployed. It works properly if you resign on June 30 before simming to July 1, on both the Steam version and the eSellerate version.

Last edited by omjo; 04-20-2016 at 08:04 PM.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote