Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 08-10-2008, 01:30 AM   #61
Neags23
All Star Starter

Hey guys... sorry for not responding sooner, I just got in from my honeymoon. I may not have left Jamaica alive had I checked the OOTP boards before getting back home.

The newest version was designed to cut down any errors, because it's just an .exe. If you can run other .exe files, you should be able to run this one (as long as you have .net framework installed).

There really isn't much to troubleshoot because of that. If you're running Vista, make sure you run it as administrator. If you're running XP, make sure the .net framework is installed. All else fails, try it on a different machine. It's likely to be a machine specific issue.

If some of you guys want to try to run it with the full installer package, I'll upload that in a couple of days to see if that fixes things.

But again... it's just a simple .exe now. Any problems running it are either going to be very machine specific or due to not having the .net framework installed.

When/if you find any errors with the actual program, then I can be of some more help (hopefully)!

Former GM Washburn Sea Wolves Dog Days Baseball - 1981 & 1986 Kennel Cup Champions
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:31 AM   #62
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Neags, Belated congratulations and very best for the future.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #63
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Neags. Updating .net 2.0 did the trick. Took a quick look once I had the league loaded, and it's an impressive little piece of work that should add a great deal to a solo league in that preview and assessment field.

One quick initial suggestion based on that quick look. When selecting all columns or any number of columns that exceed the size of the screen, you lose the ability to keep the teams in the field of sight. I'm wondering if one of two possibilities could eventually be implemented, if you ever add on or modify the program:

1) Leave the current, selected team line highlighted until another team is selected. That way, regardless of column view, the "blue" line will be your selected team.

or

2) Have the team column follow the screen view, regardless of column selected, so that it is always visible. It wouldn't matter whether it was on the left of right, as long as the teams were locked on screen.

In any event, thanks for the utility. The personalized tweaking available for weights is a grand idea to make this a versatile tool for every user's assessment values. Great work!

Congratulations on the marriage and the very best to you and yours in the years ahead.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #64
Neags23
All Star Starter

Thanks for the congrats, guys.

EG, if I'm understanding your highlighting situation correctly, I'm fairly certain the program already does this. If you click the far left margin of a particular row, the entire row becomes highlighted and will remain so as you scroll to the right. If you click just on the team name, only that cell is highlighted, but there will be an arrow still residing in the far left margin indicating which row is highlighted.

Is this what you were after?

Former GM Washburn Sea Wolves Dog Days Baseball - 1981 & 1986 Kennel Cup Champions
Old 08-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #65
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Thanks for the congrats, guys.

EG, if I'm understanding your highlighting situation correctly, I'm fairly certain the program already does this. If you click the far left margin of a particular row, the entire row becomes highlighted and will remain so as you scroll to the right. If you click just on the team name, only that cell is highlighted, but there will be an arrow still residing in the far left margin indicating which row is highlighted.

Is this what you were after?
Well, yes and no, IIRC what I saw and how it worked. After the selection, in the manner you've indicated above, is made. Does it stick after reordering the column high to low or vice versa via the click at the top of the column? I'm not sure it did after that particular selection.

I'll be sure to examine it again and be more clear, or admit I was mistaken; the latter being much more likely. Thanks, Neags.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #66
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Well, yes and no, IIRC what I saw and how it worked. After the selection, in the manner you've indicated above, is made. Does it stick after reordering the column high to low or vice versa via the click at the top of the column? I'm not sure it did after that particular selection.

I'll be sure to examine it again and be more clear, or admit I was mistaken; the latter being much more likely. Thanks, Neags.

The selection does indeed stick. So if you have Team A highlighted... scroll to the right until you find Starter Stuff Potential... then sort by that column, Team A will remain highlighted in it's new position (i.e. if Team A was 14th overall, but 2nd in Starter Stuff Potential, they will still be highlighted, but now be in the 2nd row).

Old 08-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #67
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
The selection does indeed stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I was mistaken
Thanks for clarifiying that for me, and thanks for your great contribution. I'll look forward to enjoying and examining it even further!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #68
Neags23
All Star Starter

Just uploaded a new version with a huge bug fix I just discovered, but it's only a concern with those of you who used raw ratings rather than league average adjusted ratings.

The bug was basically a typo that shifted over ratings one slot to the left under the wrong columns. This made the potential ratings appear to be overall ratings, and caused a waterfall effect thereafter.

If you only used league average adjusted ratings, this patch won't affect you.

TeamRater v1.5.1