Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:04 PM   #41
jd200600
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
Or you can just languish in mediocrity

In 2033 I added Perfect Joe Morgan to my 70s team at a cost of 105k, result 2 more wins. the finding your level doesn't really work if you are good enough to avoid relegation but bad enough to never even have sniff of the playoffs, it makes you disengage with the game. Is there even a point logging in when you pretty much know how the season is going to go.

I feel this. I have been stuck in mid to high silver for a few months now bouncing around .500. I check on my team a time or two each week, but I feel like the only way I am going to enjoy the game again is by doing the “T” word. Trying to wait for PP to accumulate is also horrible if your team is
continuously .500.
jd200600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:10 AM   #42
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Don't let them get you down.

You can't compete with the whales buying their PP in bulk. You simply can't, unless you have a car laying around that you're willing to sell to Win at OOTP.

There are predatory strategies that can fund an FTP team up into that universe, but you'll ruin the game for yourself if you pursue them. I can't imagine many people have the sort of personalities that gain satisfaction from Winning At the Auction House. If you look at OOTP as a CCG to dominate, then that's the universe for you. Enjoy, but you'd enjoy Magic the Gathering every bit as much.

If you came to play some baseball, ignore what's happening up in the stratosphere. Their games aren't very realistic anyway, a war of exaggerated high-priced super-cards that doesn't bear much actual resemblance to baseball, not even MLB baseball.

But the team I've having the most fun with as of today? A team I had to break down and retool with an entirely different strategy from its original 'plan.' A team that's never been above Silver.

Because that's the level where the best baseball games are being played, and because that's the only team that doesn't feel 'stuck' to one degree or another. No worries, they'll hit their Peter Principle ceiling soon, and I'll have to select another team to break-down-and-reset in order to get them in motion again.

Projected for 583 XBH this season, still a well short of the 2003 Red Sox record (649). But they're inching closer every season.

Last edited by Lemandria; 07-11-2020 at 04:28 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #43
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
Don't let them get you down.

You can't compete with the whales buying their PP in bulk. You simply can't, unless you have a car laying around that you're willing to sell to Win at OOTP.

There are predatory strategies that can fund an FTP team up into that universe, but you'll ruin the game for yourself if you pursue them. I can't imagine many people have the sort of personalities that gain satisfaction from Winning At the Auction House. If you look at OOTP as a CCG to dominate, then that's the universe for you. Enjoy, but you'd enjoy Magic the Gathering every bit as much.

If you came to play some baseball, ignore what's happening up in the stratosphere. Their games aren't very realistic anyway, a war of exaggerated high-priced super-cards that doesn't bear much actual resemblance to baseball, not even MLB baseball.

But the team I've having the most fun with as of today? A team I had to break down and retool with an entirely different strategy from its original 'plan.' A team that's never been above Silver.

Because that's the level where the best baseball games are being played, and because that's the only team that doesn't feel 'stuck' to one degree or another. No worries, they'll hit their Peter Principle ceiling soon, and I'll have to select another team to break-down-and-reset in order to get them in motion again.

Projected for 583 XBH this season, still a well short of the 2003 Red Sox record (649). But they're inching closer every season.
I agree, that my favorite team in PT20, was not the one I spent thousands on, but the one I built up from scratch into a 7-time champion.

OTOH, I did enjoy Winning at the Auction House in PT21, but now those days are over and nothing to do, but pound quick tournaments for packs and wait until 90% of the content is released. Otherwise, you risk spending 200K on, for example, perfect Ruth and see it depreciate after the 2nd perfect Ruth is released, then depreciate even further when the 3rd perfect Ruth is released. Are we done with perfect Ruth yet?

As far as resemblance to real baseball, PT at any level is a joke. No injuries, ageless players, no player development. This last is not a complaint, per se, but would prefer it if OOTP hosted the regular game for a monthly fee.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:46 AM   #44
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Otherwise, you risk spending 200K on, for example, perfect Ruth and see it depreciate after the 2nd perfect Ruth is released, then depreciate even further when the 3rd perfect Ruth is released. Are we done with perfect Ruth yet?
Yep, I learned this lesson the hard way last year.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:49 PM   #45
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSharx View Post
I finally finished the Live collection missions. The last few days I've developed a few thousand PP, and I'm wondering if I should try to do any of the other collection missions or just upgrade individual players in the auction house. It doesn't really look like any of the other collection missions are worth it. You have to spend like 2000 PP just to finish a collection mission with a prize of a standard pack valued at 1000 PP. Am I missing something?
After lives, the one's worth doing are the one's that are newly added and you fully completed them already the moment they were added.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote