Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:45 PM   #21
Mayor_of_Cincy
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The inability to get a clean card from the AH is the most frustrating thing in the game for me. It happened to me again today.

But it's not really a development priority at this time.
Perhaps a dumb question but why does it matter if your card isn't "clean" the main position doesn't get trained correct?

So if you get a card thats trained in left field... congrats? Seems like a bonus win in my eyes.......
Mayor_of_Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:25 PM   #22
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_of_Cincy View Post
Perhaps a dumb question but why does it matter if your card isn't "clean" the main position doesn't get trained correct?

So if you get a card thats trained in left field... congrats? Seems like a bonus win in my eyes.......
I thought I already explained that in this thread.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:13 PM   #23
Mayor_of_Cincy
Bat Boy

Quote:
I thought I already explained that in this thread.

Not to be rude to a veteran poster as yourself.. but nothing in this thread explained this cut and dry. I triple checked....
Mayor_of_Cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:47 PM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_of_Cincy View Post
Not to be rude to a veteran poster as yourself.. but nothing in this thread explained this cut and dry. I triple checked....
This doesn't explain it to you?

Quote:
I want to look at numbers that are MY numbers, not yours. Maybe you had a jacked-up park. Maybe you platooned and I didn't. I can't analyze career numbers that don't have context.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:14 PM   #25
DonMattingly
Major Leagues

Quote:
It would also be nice to be able to look at the History tab and have the PP that card has earned with your team separate from other team(s).
DonMattingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:15 PM   #26
DonMattingly
Major Leagues

Quote:
It would also be nice to be able to look at the History tab and have the PP that card has earned with your team separate from any other team(s).
DonMattingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:23 PM   #27
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Same way the wipe the stats off the back of real baseball cards!
Old 06-19-2020, 07:29 AM   #28
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgonius View Post
Coming this summer from OOTP:

You see a great looking card on the AH, but you want to make sure it hasn't been too badly abused. You need to see the CARDFAX. Click the "Show me the CARDFAX" button, and for a nominal fee* you'll be able to see the entire history of that card.

Just remember, before you press that button, you need to yell "SHOW ME THE CARDFAX"

Now, to get a graphic of the CardWeasel to complete this. Maybe a mascot costume for the live streams, too.

*This is a joke. I don't think OOTP would actually do that to us.
If you're committed to performing as the mascot, I'm in.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:50 AM   #29
BertBDJ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok, I'm new here as well, and again not to get too in the weeds with this. But a couple of questions for clarification: I get that you want to see career stats for only your team and perhaps how you are playing a player so you can potentially keep tweaking for best performance. I also understand that player positions can get trained and these transfer in the AH. I also know that you can't see stats (including new trained position rankings) in the AH just original card ratings.
Questions:
1Other than the ability to properly SEE your cards performance for YOUR team, do the stats from other teams change performance? So the Jeff Bagwell you got from the AH hit .150 for another team, is that performance going to impact your Jeff Bagwell's performance? Does this explain why every other Jeff Bagwell in the league performs better than yours?

BertBDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:56 AM   #30
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I previously suggested (over a year ago) that the career batting and pitching stats pages show totals by team at the bottom or have a dropdown to show it (as currently exists for league level). Either of those options would satisfy me, and it doesn't seem like it would take a lot of resources. With this solution, training would be retained and your history would not be lost, and I could see how the player has performed for me vs. the prior owner. That solution was not a priority either.
that already exists in the single player game (split by team at the very bottom).... wouldn't think it would be a stretch to apply it to PT as well.... a drop-down would be handy too... figure if a drop-down can scan the 'league level' column and show/hide as selected, it's a pretty straightforward thing to have one that filters by team abbreviation... (screenshot of Babe Ruth's batting stats from a challenge mode game):
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #31
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertBDJ View Post
Questions:
1Other than the ability to properly SEE your cards performance for YOUR team, do the stats from other teams change performance? So the Jeff Bagwell you got from the AH hit .150 for another team, is that performance going to impact your Jeff Bagwell's performance? Does this explain why every other Jeff Bagwell in the league performs better than yours?
The developers have said that there is no difference between copies of the same card. The variation is due to random factors such as competition, stadium environment, and luck. So I believe that the answer to all of your questions is "no".
Old 06-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #32
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
that already exists in the single player game (split by team at the very bottom).... wouldn't think it would be a stretch to apply it to PT as well....
Yep, I pointed this out when I originally requested it. It is rather odd that it was omitted from PT when so many other features from the regular game were just ported over.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:14 PM   #33
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep, I pointed this out when I originally requested it. It is rather odd that it was omitted from PT when so many other features from the regular game were just ported over.
I wonder whether PT struggles with something regarding team ID of teams in other leagues. That would be the only logical reason I could come up with.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:24 PM   #34
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
I wonder whether PT struggles with something regarding team ID of teams in other leagues. That would be the only logical reason I could come up with.

or, potentially, if a card has played for Boston Red Sox and Boston Beaneaters and Boston Bruins etc... all of which show BOS as their abbreviation...

without being able to see the behind the scenes details, hard to say what kind of challenge that might present
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:26 PM   #35
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Good points. It would probably be easier to just give us that "reset to factory default" button. If it were a priority...
Old 06-19-2020, 12:55 PM   #36
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertBDJ View Post
Park Factors. Most people underestimate how strong of a bonus +10% is. It is very strong. That is my main reason for wanting to hide previous stats. I have no idea whether I need to add 10%, subtract 10% or what, because I don't know the park factors associated with the stats. They are pretty much useless to me.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:06 PM   #37
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Can someone explain what value this jumbled history has to anyone? By the way, this is a pitcher so no training comes with this mess.

Name:  history.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  87.3 KB
Old 07-06-2020, 09:17 PM   #38
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Can someone explain what value this jumbled history has to anyone? By the way, this is a pitcher so no training comes with this mess.

Attachment 711301

Enough to tell me that pitcher will top out at silver/gold.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:14 PM   #39
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob View Post
Enough to tell me that pitcher will top out at silver/gold.
That information would not be known to you until after you have purchased the card. So how useful is it really?
Old 07-07-2020, 03:22 AM   #40
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

To be fair it would be much better if at least the teams that a guy played for in the same season were listed in chronological rather than whatever order. The total lines could get lost, since they're worthless for guys that played at different levels.

But, well, copy-paste, eh?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote