Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-25-2003, 10:51 PM   #81
evil homer
All Star Reserve

commishjim - never mind. i found it.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:47 AM   #82
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Hey guys, instead of waiting for my friends to claim their teams i'm releasing the Mets to the general public. i was going to wait until Wednesday, but why not fill the league now? if they still want in i'm sure the Orioles and Brewers will be available.

The available teams list on the first page is now updated.

don't forget to head on over to the league website, which is in it's infant stages. if you want eye-candy then you won't be impressed.

Last edited by Hell Atlantic; 05-26-2003 at 12:58 AM.
Hell Atlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 12:54 AM   #83
goldenglove_21
Minors (Single A)

Can I take over the Cubs instead of Colorado HA? I am a huge Cubs fan!
Old 05-26-2003, 12:54 AM   #84
couriers
All Star Reserve

I'm impressed. Thanks for the hard work.

Also, there shouldn't be any hurry to fill up the teams since this is a holiday weekend and all. If you want to wait for your friends to come around on Wednesday then I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:07 AM   #85
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

they were notified on wednesday or thursday, several days ago. i am also in a fantasy baseball league with them and posted it on the message board there, they have yet to buy the game or show interest in the league since i first presented them with the opportunity, unlike 2 of my other friends who quickly purchased this game just to join the league. i don't see a mad rush for the Orioles/Brewers.

Cubs have been claimed by Bhavin Mistry - good luck Bhavin.

Old 05-26-2003, 02:33 AM   #86
Woodchuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'll take a stab at the Brewers. Look out Bud!
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 02:37 AM   #87
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Mets/Orioles available.

Old 05-26-2003, 11:00 AM   #88
PeteyBoston
Bat Boy

i was able to find and access the registration page on the site for BOSI....however was unable to access the league forum...Commishjim...i sent my username and team to your aol address...

-Pete
PeteyBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 12:19 PM   #89
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

PeteyBoston - try sending to me as well. anything BOSI related - he's your guy. i'm not very familiar with it but i do know it makes our league much better for having it. stuff like forums and such i can pretty much handle. you can email to me as well and it should help speed things up cuz you'll have 2 guys working on it.

Old 05-26-2003, 12:42 PM   #90
Cuckoo

Well that sucks. I posted that I wanted the Cubs on the first page but took the Cardinals because I thought the Cubs were taken. If I had known they weren't, I would've taken them.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 12:52 PM   #91
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

well....do you prefer i hold the team till my slacker friend claimed them or do you prefer i gave the team to someone else in order to speed things up? i rather have a human GM than the AI handling the team cuz we'd have to wait a while for him to getthe game and get settled.

besides, i wanted the Mets but my other slacker friend called shotgun on them. i took the Marlins and now it's becoming obvious he won't join the league. i didn't expect the league to fill so quickly so i thought i would have been able to wait for him.

Old 05-26-2003, 12:56 PM   #92
couriers
All Star Reserve

Is it too late for you to change to the Mets and for Cuckoo to change to the Cubs?
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 12:56 PM   #93
Cuckoo

I just think that if you're going to throw previously claimed teams out for ownership, it should be done on a basis of who asked first.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:57 PM   #94
TracyW
Bat Boy

If the Orioles are still available I will take them.

Thanks
Tracy
TracyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:05 PM   #95
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

nah, i'm already becoming attached to my Marlins. they got a better team than i thought, you should check out some of the guys on that team, solid guys all around. i don't know how they suck in real life.

Cuckoo, that doesn't make sense. so if we start the season and 2 seasons down the road the Cubs owner quits - you're going to claim the team? no, you are locked into your team that you have now. this thread is about 7 pages long, i can't possibly look in all 7 pages to see who originally requested what team in order to accomodate them. i'm sorry. i feel more bad giving the team to someone other than my friend who claimed them, but you do what's needed to do so that as many teams have human owners as possible to start the season. again, i'm sorry.

Old 05-26-2003, 01:05 PM   #96
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

TracyW- you have them. i sent you the link for the league website. get in and get registered. welcome abaord.

Old 05-26-2003, 01:08 PM   #97
Cuckoo

HA,

First of all, we haven't started the season yet. Second of all, am I wrong in saying that the person you gave the Cubs to also had previously claimed another team? I'm not trying to throw a big fit, it just doesn't seem very fair, and I would think we'd want to start this league as fair as possible.

BTW, you don't have to scroll through 7 pages. It's right there on page 1. In fact, I believe I was the first to claim a team in this thread.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:14 PM   #98
PhilR8
Bat Boy

If the mets are still available, I would like to take them. I've been in ootp5 leagues before but am new to this board. I own a copy of the game.
PhilR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:25 PM   #99
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Cuckoo, the person that originally claimed the Cubs was my friend, jeff. he has v4, but not v5 and hasn't made any mention of when he plans on getting the game. he hasn't registered on this forum, and hasn't said a word to me about the team since Thursday even when i asked him - unlike my friend keith who is the Yankees owner who bought the game yesterday just to be in the league. so i revoked jeff's claim on the team. just so happened a new owner - Bhavin Mistry - expressed interest in the team and since you already had a team i gave the Cubs to him. simple as that. it was one of those "right place at the right time" sort of things. don't know what to tell you, you can email me if you like but this isn't going to be a debate here. i can ask the Cubs owner if he'll switch (as the Rockies owner asked me to do), but it's Bhavin's call.

PhilR8, i've updated the team list. welcome aboard.

to all owners, you should go to the league website now - http://www.ootp5league.com - i will no longer be returning to this thread as all teams as filled! i would say the season will start once we get everyone all signed up in the forum and take a head count, at that point we'll see whos still on board and i'll come back here to recruit any new owners as necessary. good luck all.

Old 05-26-2003, 01:31 PM   #100
Cuckoo

HA,

I thought that the person you gave the Cubs to was the Rockies owner. That's my mistake. I was unaware that it was someone else entirely. My debate was based on that assumption, and I only thought it fair that I should have precedence for claiming the Cubs over the Rockies owner.

I would, though, appreciate it if you would ask the new Cubs owner if he would be willing to switch. I would prefer the Cubs and was one of the first to sign up. Thanks.