Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #81
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I don’t take it personal because I know I am not as good as some others. My success comes from being home to micro manage my team. I know this. That is a huge advantage I have and know it.
This trope is getting really old. You succeed because you can manage your team, sure, but you also have better players than pretty much anyone else.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #82
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Did they release the database for PT 2.0 already? If so, where is it? I saw on the one post Marcus said the reason for releasing it now is to have more eyes looking at it. Didn't know if that meant it is officially released now, if we have to wait until beta, or wait until day 1 release. I'm curious to see changes to the defensive ratings on the older players
sharpk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #83
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpk23 View Post
Did they release the database for PT 2.0 already? If so, where is it? I saw on the one post Marcus said the reason for releasing it now is to have more eyes looking at it. Didn't know if that meant it is officially released now, if we have to wait until beta, or wait until day 1 release. I'm curious to see changes to the defensive ratings on the older players
They removed it temporarily while they are fixing some ratings. I was able to download it before they took it down if you want me to send it to you. I tried to attach here, but it's too large. I'll upload it somewhere else.

n/m, removed because a newer version was released.

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-13-2019 at 11:19 AM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:14 AM   #84
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
They removed it temporarily while they are fixing some ratings. I was able to download it before they took it down if you want me to send it to you. I tried to attach here, but it's too large. I'll upload it somewhere else.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=299794

Markus seems to work pretty fast. It was back up pretty quickly.
Link is in the discussion.

I would avoid the old file due to changes and errors.

Last edited by joehart; 03-13-2019 at 11:15 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #85
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

Just saw that and was coming to remove my link. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #86
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

There HAS to be a magic that isn't shown in the cards. I have Jacoby Ellsbury on two of my teams and almost always way outhits the ratings on his cards. He's shown as a 72 power and 69 gap power... and yet in three years in this most tough of perfect leagues he's hit 27, 29, and 31 homers and is on pace for 30+ again this year. Meanwhile he hits with more power numbers than many guys I've used that have way better power numbers (Willy McCovey comes to mind!!) and regularly posts WAR ratings 5+.

We've established how the game at the highest level favors movement ratings for success, but I still think there's some truth to Markus' comments about hidden magic formulas and numbers for results.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:36 AM   #87
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yes, I am positive. Here's the point that you are missing. You have Ruth, Cobb, and Seymour AND you have Jones, Maddox, and Clemente. I just have the equivalent of Jones, Maddox, and Clemente. Your main set of outfielders costs nearly as much as my entire team. If I had both sets of outfielders, then I could just play the better set and do a lot better than I am now. I am not saying that I would do better than you because I don't have your skills, but I am positive that I would do better than me. The OPS gained against RHP would be enormous compared to my current outfield, and the league is 80% RHP. Cobb vs. Ashburn? Seymour vs. Snider? Ruth vs. F.Robinson? Anybody not see the talent difference there even before adding in the platoons? Understand now?

I hope you are not made at me and I wish you wouldn't take this personally, because I am not attacking you or your success or the way that you play. I am just stating my opinion about my experience in the game. I am not jealous of your cards, although I do wish I had pulled them from a pack along the way. All I am saying is that better players help make a better manager. It's a thought that has been expressed by real baseball people many times. You are right when you say that better players don't guarantee a better manager, because you have to know what to do with them.
Now I got some good WiFi at my Nieces Dr so I can explain. What I think you are missing is the cost of the player does not make them dominate. Ruth and Cobb are not that good, That is why I pick and choose when to play them. They are overrated for the cost. I could find just as good replacement for them in a cheap player. I use them when I need a left hand hitter in certain parks and Pitchers. I could sell them and get cheaper replacements but what is the point. I have over 500,000 pp right now sitting on my computer. People have got so greedy that I have sold players I bought for 20,000 pp for over 100, 000 pp and the only players I want is Perfect Pedro or His brother Schilling. So if Insold Ruth for 300,000 (Which is a ridiculous going price. I paid 20,000)then I would have over one million pp doing nothing. If They were great players I would use them. At least give me credit for not being a fool. I have another advantage that people do not believe. I watch my team and see who advances players and who strikes out at the worst time. These cards have a tendency to them you can’t see in the scorecard. Now people do not believe this so it goes to my advantage. You can see the pitches that players hit and can’t hit so you can then look at a opponents pitching card in the next series to see what kind of pitches he is good at. It is a small advantage that works out at times but when I am home I will use every advantage I can get. All I am saying is in my opinion every player is replaceable except Perfect Pedro and his brother Schilling. What I am afraid of in the next edition everything I have learned will go down the drain because if we get 5 Pedro’s out there On a rotation I do not think there is anyway that I could figure out how to beat that team. Watching or not watching , Platooning or not platooning ,Fixing my ball park or not fixing my ballpark watching his pitches or not ete because they are Dominant. Any other player I feel with enough time and effort I could hopefully exploit enough to win. My opinion only. But it is the only one I have.

Last edited by Zorro; 03-13-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:42 AM   #88
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I am dying here, Could someone please post the standings. I am afraid my team is drowning without my whip. I could not do a full 7 day lineup and now I am sitting here waiting for this damn doctor to call her in. Thank you in advance for doing so...
Old 03-13-2019, 11:45 AM   #89
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
This trope is getting really old. You succeed because you can manage your team, sure, but you also have better players than pretty much anyone else.
I can only play by the rules they give me. Sorry if my team is good. 😁
Old 03-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #90
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
For those of us that are scratching our heads over the variability in the game, the bolded section below is an interesting comment.

What magic? Ratings don't correlate to stats output? I don't understand... isn't that the reason that I am paying money for better cards?
But we do see all the time that is true. The ratings don’t reflect the stat output. At least with not my players.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:50 AM   #91
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

Thank you for posting that. Gives me something to do. I hate waiting in a DR office. 😉
Old 03-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #92
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Here ya go....
Attached Images
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #93
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
There HAS to be a magic that isn't shown in the cards. I have Jacoby Ellsbury on two of my teams and almost always way outhits the ratings on his cards. He's shown as a 72 power and 69 gap power... and yet in three years in this most tough of perfect leagues he's hit 27, 29, and 31 homers and is on pace for 30+ again this year. Meanwhile he hits with more power numbers than many guys I've used that have way better power numbers (Willy McCovey comes to mind!!) and regularly posts WAR ratings 5+.

We've established how the game at the highest level favors movement ratings for success, but I still think there's some truth to Markus' comments about hidden magic formulas and numbers for results.
Bingo. I could not agree more. 😁
Old 03-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #94
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Here ya go....
Thank you so much my friend....😁
Old 03-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #95
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I can only play by the rules they give me. Sorry if my team is good. 😁
Not begrudging you at all. In fact I give you tremendous credit for remaining within the constraints of the league when you could have a roster worth many more points per our scoring system. I just don't think you're the gritty underdog you make yourself out to be.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #96
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not begrudging you at all. In fact I give you tremendous credit for remaining within the constraints of the league when you could have a roster worth many more points per our scoring system. I just don't think you're the gritty underdog you make yourself out to be.

H'es currently in 3rd place in his division....

I agree though, he's good and not really an underdog per se....
Old 03-13-2019, 12:01 PM   #97
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
But we do see all the time that is true. The ratings don’t reflect the stat output. At least with not my players.
You sure do believe in a lot of voodoo. I have a math background so I can't be like that. These are cards with numbers, they don't get hot or cold and better cards will always be better than worse cards in the long run. There is also no possible way of knowing the upside or downside of the things you did not do. It is entirely possible (and I'd argue likely) that playing the cards with the best ratings all of the time, that your team is better off. And if it's not, it is only luck that is the difference, not skill.

I try to ignore and let you go on about it, but the math in me makes it hard to keep quiet forever. Just because you think Ruth and Cobb aren't good doesn't make it true. You probably missed out on all of their hot streaks because you took them out of the lineup too soon.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:11 PM   #98
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post

There are probably hidden ratings, which I like. One possibility is consistency, another could be clutch. In both cases I'd want to figure that out on my own, not have it spoon fed to me.

There has to be some things we learn from observation.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #99
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When did I ever say I was a underdog. I have always said I have a advantage. Advantage means favorite not underdog. How can I be a underdog when I can micro manage most of the time and watch my games? I have said I am not that good when someone else says that I am because I have a huge advantage that I keep telling people who don’t believe it but I have never said I was a underdog. Look at my record and tell me how I could think I was a underdog to any league my friend. 😁
Old 03-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #100
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
You sure do believe in a lot of voodoo. I have a math background so I can't be like that. These are cards with numbers, they don't get hot or cold and better cards will always be better than worse cards in the long run. There is also no possible way of knowing the upside or downside of the things you did not do. It is entirely possible (and I'd argue likely) that playing the cards with the best ratings all of the time, that your team is better off. And if it's not, it is only luck that is the difference, not skill.

I try to ignore and let you go on about it, but the math in me makes it hard to keep quiet forever. Just because you think Ruth and Cobb aren't good doesn't make it true. You probably missed out on all of their hot streaks because you took them out of the lineup too soon.
Ok, Will I change the way I play even if it is wrong. Nope, Like I have said this is all my opinion on what I have seen in the game. Kind of like magic, You see it but does it exist? It worked for me is all I can say. You can quote math but So many of my players don’t abide by your system is all. Maybe it is just my team.🤷*♂️