Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-26-2019, 01:15 AM   #61
blitzblazin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looks like Orcins Pep talk worked haha
blitzblazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:19 AM   #62
joehart
All Star Starter

AC West: The Base Stealers ran away with a 11 game win streak to a league best 20-7 record. Strangely, this almost matches the April from last season (20-8). May last season was 9-18.
I fear looking at the results from tomorrow. I am sure the other 4 teams will catch up tomorrow.

AC Central: Gryphons Blue sit on a nice 17-9 record and 4.5 point lead in the division. The recently promoted Titans are in second place but ended with a 4 game losing streak.

AC East: Tough division with Angry Dragons and Beach Freaks competing for the top spot. Four teams are within 3 games so this can all change tomorrow.
Good luck to the other three teams. You were dealt a tough problem to solve.

AC Wild Card race: 11 teams within 3.5 games.

NC West: The Chargers and Blue Rocks are both giving Zorro, Tattered Gloves and the Greenshirts some tough competition. I like the two new additions as both are very tough to compete against.
I am thrilled to follow the Blue Rocks. They brought us a few more rare pitchers
(97 Roy Halladay, 96 Mike Mussina, and 97 Hal Newhouser). The entire team looks solid and will be fun to compete against.

Zorro is slightly behind in 3rd place with 5 one-run losses. Have a quick recovery and good luck tomorrow. Grand Mound Greenshirts made the playoffs last season but are in 5th place. This could be the toughest division in the league.

NC Central: All five teams (Colonels, Gryphons Gold, Burgers, IronMen and Seals) are still close. Overall, the top team (Colonels) are sitting at .500 suggesting that the division is one of the better divisions to be shuffled into.

NC East: Another brutal division with some surprises. IB Breakers, league winner Magpies, and playoff team Base Thieves are all in the same division.
And once again, the Silver Pirates are off to an amazing start (16-11).
Playoff team Base Thieves are currently sitting in a relegation spot.

On a separate note, the Base Thieves can't seem to beat the Magpies. I lost in the playoffs and our new record is already 2-4. Sadly, all my adjustments have pushed us into a relegation spot until players are trained and things start to fall into place again.

Enjoy tomorrow...
Attached Images
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:09 AM   #63
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Sorry folks the job for league reporter has been filled. And I believe we hired the perfect candidate - congrats Joehart! For those working shift work that can’t always get a chance to log on - much appreciated!!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #64
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Everyone on my team who had a good year last season, is playing like crap this season, in all phases of the game. Everyone on my team who had a bad year last season, is playing well this season.

I swear there's some kind of coding in PT which makes players alternate back and forth between good years and garbage years.

Last edited by Abnerdoubleday; 02-26-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #65
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnerdoubleday View Post
Everyone on my team who had a good year last season, is playing like crap this season, in all phases of the game. Everyone on my team who had a bad year last season, is playing well this season.

I swear there's some kind of coding in PT which makes players alternate back and forth between good years and garbage years.
Here's my Pedro and Vern Stephens this season. Stephens averages about 35 HR per year for me and is always around 5 WAR.
Attached Images
Image Image 
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #66
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes you just have to give those boys a kick in the butt or make them ride the pines for a while. "Go sit over there and think about what you have done, Vern. I will call you if we need you."
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:09 PM   #67
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Mid-day standings... what a great league this is. There are no easy teams and unfortunately someone loses in every game. So some teams have bad records, but they are not bad teams.

Name:  standings.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  259.0 KB
Old 02-26-2019, 02:10 PM   #68
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Tons, I mean TONS, of action in the latest 3 game series with zrog -- a total of 9 runs combined by both teams. Scores of 2-1, 2-1 & 1-2.

HIGH FIVE
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:14 PM   #69
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
My Saint Paul Saints, who took up residence in the cellar yesterday are putting up more of a fight today.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #70
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I am pretty happy with my team until I play Wilmington. I can't beat those guys (1-6 so far). On the other hand, I have Ahwatukee's number at 5-1. I am 13-11 against the rest of the league, so I am not sure where I am really.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:49 PM   #71
blitzblazin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yea not looking forward to facing Wilmington 7 games against them today. Someone about to take control of them NC West probably
blitzblazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:09 PM   #72
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Tons, I mean TONS, of action in the latest 3 game series with zrog -- a total of 9 runs combined by both teams. Scores of 2-1, 2-1 & 1-2.

HIGH FIVE
Hard to believe my pitchers could do that. Check out how god awful my Pedro is this year.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #73
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I think in OOTP 20 my first team is going to be defense first, pitching 2nd and a pitcher park. I was playing around in commissioner mode and edited all the players on a team to have max defense and the pitchers all had ridiculous stats, even mediocre ones. I'm talking ERA under 1.00.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:17 PM   #74
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Hard to believe my pitchers could do that. Check out how god awful my Pedro is this year.
Yep, saw that but he got his 1st win in the 3rd game for you
Old 02-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #75
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Yep, saw that but he got his 1st win in the 3rd game for you
Yeah, yay.

And then there's my 91 Maddux that I have on both of my teams.

Guess which one is in the hitters park? Of course the one with the ERA that is 4.75 runs lower.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #76
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

oof rough year so far
Old 02-26-2019, 04:38 PM   #77
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max venerabel View Post
oof rough year so far
Good news... you play me next!
Old 02-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #78
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by max venerabel View Post
oof rough year so far
oh you are the one with the high MOV pitching staff right? I think this league tilts more towards contact than power so that could be why they are struggling.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:55 PM   #79
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Took 41 games to make it over .500, tho looking at the next week of games I doubt it lasts long.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #80
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
oh you are the one with the high MOV pitching staff right? I think this league tilts more towards contact than power so that could be why they are struggling.

Yeah -- thats me. Worked OK last year, but so far not so good this season. We nearly doubled the HR production of our opposition last year, but the defense has been surprisingly poor relative to the rest of the league, which is not helping the pitching.

Just hoping to not get relegated so I can do some major tweaking at some point (been too busy to spend much time on the team since joining this group).