Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #81
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Yes, I feel the same way. If I was managing or had some way to influence the results I'd do it. Otherwise I think I'd just get upset. I've watched highlights of big wins, but have trouble with replays. Now if they put a fire manager button or something I might be down.
I know it sounds weird and you gonna laugh but I have learned so much about this group by watching the games. 🤷*♀️
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #82
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
There are a few different rules in this league, but rule #1 is never count Zorro out my friend. It's definitely a tough conference with a lot of smart players, but don't sell yourself short. I know how you like to adjust, and also what it's like to have a busy week. But I still won't count you out!
Thank you my friend.😁
Old 02-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #83
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I watch most of my games so I would really appreciate anyone who has not done it yet to add a different 3D Park then the stock park . I play with the Dodger Stadium 3D park so it is fun when I go on the road to see other parks then the original . Thank you in advance.😁
Sorry Z. Never thought of that before. I’ll change my park as soon as I get home tonight from work. Being able follow along and manage PT from a mobile sure would be cool. Maybe a little dangerous though...
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:54 PM   #84
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know it sounds weird and you gonna laugh but I have learned so much about this group by watching the games. 🤷*♀️
I certainly believe you, and you definitely have to go with what works, and that works for you. For me I'd get frustrated and that would lead to changes.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #85
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Like if you are not here what do you do when you visit Chicago Skunked? He has a totally right hand hitting ball park where he starts all right hand hitters. So you cannot start a lefty and I have two in my rotation so I have to swop them out if I go there. He also starts right hand pitchers and if you do not have anything set up special the game will use your left handed lineup so your odds are terrible there if you do not adjust. I remember one season was a nightmare because there were so many of those parks in my Conference. It worked out to my advantage cause I got to study that while the rest of the league went to work so I won my Division. But it was so tiring doing all that. That is why I hate Sundays, Everybody is home for the playoffs taking away my advantage for that important day. 😉
Old 02-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #86
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
Sorry Z. Never thought of that before. I’ll change my park as soon as I get home tonight from work. Being able follow along and manage PT from a mobile sure would be cool. Maybe a little dangerous though...
Thank you my friend. It makes it so much more enjoyable.👍
Old 02-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #87
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Well my wife just informed me we have to go now. Lol. Guess who is the boss in this family? Good luck all and see you later.😁
Old 02-11-2019, 04:07 PM   #88
Frithy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
5-0. Damn, You we’re not kidding. 👍😎
I'll take a 6-2 start after last seasons debacle...still early though. Gimhae Kings are pretty loaded, somehow I don't play them until late May. Hope to keep pace with them until we go head to head. .

I'm just happy to be 3-0 in one run games. Last season we were like 20-40 including a 6 game losing streak consisting of all one run loses!
Frithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #89
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Like if you are not here what do you do when you visit Chicago Skunked? He has a totally right hand hitting ball park where he starts all right hand hitters. So you cannot start a lefty and I have two in my rotation so I have to swop them out if I go there. He also starts right hand pitchers and if you do not have anything set up special the game will use your left handed lineup so your odds are terrible there if you do not adjust. I remember one season was a nightmare because there were so many of those parks in my Conference. It worked out to my advantage cause I got to study that while the rest of the league went to work so I won my Division. But it was so tiring doing all that. That is why I hate Sundays, Everybody is home for the playoffs taking away my advantage for that important day. 😉
I kind of have the same setup using that exact reasoning. But my starting rotation needs about 200K of PP upgrades.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #90
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sometimes you just have to let the chips fall where they may. Since I'm not home most days I just have to live with things like that and try to have the best-balanced team possible. And even when I'm home I try not to adjust like that, just because I know I can't keep it up. Hopefully in the end it evens out.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #91
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Yeah, as much as I would love to play all day, it's just not realistic with having a job and all.

I guess we need to devise a competitive-balance point system for time spent in-game, to keep Zorro in check
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #92
joehart
All Star Starter

I only wish I would have skipped checking the score this morning...the entire family is far far behind....

7-10 Base Stealers (playoff team)
7-8 Silver Pirates (game 163 - almost playoffs)
6-10 Woodinville IronMen (the 8 year old kiddo)
3-12 Renton Warriors (the 9 year old kiddo).

At least the kids came up with an idea to buy new players...go outside and shovel snow for the neighbors to get a few extra dollars that can be turned into upgrades.

This is going to be a long....long...sad day....(hopefully not week).
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #93
joehart
All Star Starter

Zorro, after 317 games Vlad Jr is finally at 64 for his defensive rating.
Only 15-16 more to go to reach 79-80.
Good luck on your slow climb and watching the negative ZR come in.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:31 PM   #94
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I only wish I would have skipped checking the score this morning...the entire family is far far behind....

At least the kids came up with an idea to buy new players...go outside and shovel snow for the neighbors to get a few extra dollars that can be turned into upgrades.

I like their plan. I didn't realize which teams were your kids until now. Kind of neat that there is a family battle in the NC East. It's going to be tough with GIMHAE in the division. Good luck to you both. I may have taken 2 of 3 from Ranton, but they sure beat up my pitching.

I won't be disappointed that your Base Stealers are in the other conference this year. They had my number last year.

The IronMen are again in the opposite conference, so our paths won't cross much.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:34 PM   #95
joehart
All Star Starter

a quick snapshot of the standings...
Attached Images
Old 02-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #96
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks, I was too angry to post standings today.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #97
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Lol! I remember saving my snow shoveling money as a kid too for a baseball game. Only then it was Ken Griffey Jr’s Winning Run for the Super Nintendo. Good times...
Old 02-11-2019, 08:43 PM   #98
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Thanks! Must get home and figure out what is happening. Not a good start.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #99
joehart
All Star Starter

I was pretty disappointed with our defense last year....so many errors and bad defense so we decided to re-train a few of the positions and develop a few more utility players.

Too bad we failed to do that in the lower leagues so it will take some time to get them all up to 100+ defensive ratings.
I am ok with losses in the first 1/2 of the season but would like to see us at .500 afterwards and the Silver Pirates and Base Stealers try to make up some lost grounds.

We also sold a top 20 pitcher (96 Walter Johnson Historic Legend) to gain some funds for long term adjustments. We want to stay true to our goals of creating chaos on the base bath and stealing bases but improvements are rare and hard to get.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #100
chazzycat
All Star Starter

wow, my boys are playing out of their minds so far! That was a pleasant surprise. Go Green!
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote