Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-31-2019, 07:33 PM   #41
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Nice to see so many responses. We've got a pretty good group going, especially for diamond. And it looks like my Giants (probably) won't be relegated. Looking forward to next week.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:15 PM   #42
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
I have an all-Tigers themed team that is currently in Diamond. robtoml is the username, and the team name is the Motor City Togers.
I also have an all-Tigers team, currently in silver. Who do you have? I currently have:
C- Parrish
1B- Greenberg (Peak)
2B- Whitaker
3B- Kell
SS- Trammell (1987)
LF- Maxwell (1956)
CF- Lemon
RF- Kaline (1955)
DH- Crawford (Peak)
Bench - Wockenfuss, P.Polanco, Miggy (live), Iglesias
SP- Newhouser, Verlander, Lolich, F.Perez, J.Thompson
Bullpen- W.Hernandez, Jimenez, Pillette, Fidrych, Hiller, Fulmer, McLain

Saving up for a better C and SPs. I'll never afford a Cobb.

I also have an all-Rockies team (which is tough because there are no good SPs, even if you spread it to include anyone who's ever been on the team), and an all-90s team.

Last edited by WBTyler939; 01-31-2019 at 09:16 PM.
WBTyler939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:51 PM   #43
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

I'm in with my all-Milwaukee (Braves / Brewers) team. Currently in our third season, and still in Bronze (B288). Outside of Warren Spahn, pitching sucks. But the bullpen and hitting are aces.

Current primary lineup:

CF Lorenzo Cain
RF Christian Yelich (training him as a RF, slow going)
DH Prince Fielder
1B Jesus Aguilar
2B Keston Hiura
C Joe Torre
3B Eddie Matthews
SS Johnny Logan
LF Domingo Santana

running a 4-man rotation with a quicker than normal starting pitching hook:

Warren Spahn
Gene Conley
Brandon Woodruff
Zach Davies

Bullpen arms:

Trevor Hoffman
Joakim Soria
Josh Hader
Corey Knebl
Jeremy Jeffress
Jacob Barnes
Xavier Cedeno
Gio Gonzalez as long relief

manager name: rgu
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #44
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTyler939 View Post
I also have an all-Tigers team, currently in silver. Who do you have? I currently have:
C- Parrish
1B- Greenberg (Peak)
2B- Whitaker
3B- Kell
SS- Trammell (1987)
LF- Maxwell (1956)
CF- Lemon
RF- Kaline (1955)
DH- Crawford (Peak)
Bench - Wockenfuss, P.Polanco, Miggy (live), Iglesias
SP- Newhouser, Verlander, Lolich, F.Perez, J.Thompson
Bullpen- W.Hernandez, Jimenez, Pillette, Fidrych, Hiller, Fulmer, McLain

Saving up for a better C and SPs. I'll never afford a Cobb.

I also have an all-Rockies team (which is tough because there are no good SPs, even if you spread it to include anyone who's ever been on the team), and an all-90s team.
I have pretty much the same roster, man. I'm platooning the 2012 Miggy at 3B with Kell, and have McLain in my rotation, running a 6-man bullpen:

C: Cochrane, Parrish
1B: Greenberg (1938), Fielder
2B: Gehringer (1936), Polanco (had Whitaker for the first few days, trying out Polanco as backup for now)
3B: Cabrera (2012), Kell
SS: Trammell
LF: Colavito, Ordonez
CF: Lemon
RF: Crawford, Kaline (1967)

SP: Newhouser, Verlander (2011), Mize, Lolich, McLain
RP: Hernandez, Jimenez, Perez, Pillette, Smoker, Hiller (CL)

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:59 AM   #45
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
I have pretty much the same roster, man. I'm platooning the 2012 Miggy at 3B with Kell, and have McLain in my rotation, running a 6-man bullpen:

C: Cochrane, Parrish
1B: Greenberg (1938), Fielder
2B: Gehringer (1936), Polanco (had Whitaker for the first few days, trying out Polanco as backup for now)
3B: Cabrera (2012), Kell
SS: Trammell
LF: Colavito, Ordonez
CF: Lemon
RF: Crawford, Kaline (1967)

SP: Newhouser, Verlander (2011), Mize, Lolich, McLain
RP: Hernandez, Jimenez, Perez, Pillette, Smoker, Hiller (CL)
How is yours performing? I'm stuck pingponging between silver and gold.

I saved up for that Newhouser, now I'm just waiting to afford a Pudge, for an Ordonez to hit the AH (which is very rare), and the price on Mize to drop.
WBTyler939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #46
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
I have a Diamond level New York team.

In the age of political correctness, there are Yankees, Mets and Brooklyn Dodgers coexisting as the Old York Yankopolitans.

Level: Diamond
Manager: nyny
Name: Old York Yankopolitans
Yikes! Now I'm wondering if I should go through with my thought of adding Angels to my Dodgers team for a Los Angeles team.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #47
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Nice to see so many responses. We've got a pretty good group going, especially for diamond. And it looks like my Giants (probably) won't be relegated. Looking forward to next week.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if things are still being worked on... I added all the names in the first post as friends to my team. I then changed the team settings from random placement to use friends list. No matter what I do (I hit submit lineup as well), when I go back it shows random again.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:20 PM   #48
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

It seems to be a bug. It will stick if you log out and log back in.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:07 PM   #49
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Yikes! Now I'm wondering if I should go through with my thought of adding Angels to my Dodgers team for a Los Angeles team.
I'm almost included LA Dodgers too, because I lived in Los Angeles and went to a lot of Dodger games. My neighbor used to do the play by play for their AAA team. He moved to LA to do the play by play for ONtv (predates cable).
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:33 PM   #50
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Even going SoCal and adding the Padres won't allow you to be competitive against an all NY team. That's one of those theme teams where its restrictions barely limit its potential. I'm assuming the New York Giants aren't off limits, even though he didn't mention them.

Maybe an all-California team could compete. But then what stops you from adding the Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants, and Philadelphia A's? At the point when a theme includes some large percentage of players, it's no longer an real limitation.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-01-2019 at 11:34 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:35 PM   #51
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
My teams theme is not being very good, can I join?
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:28 AM   #52
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Even going SoCal and adding the Padres won't allow you to be competitive against an all NY team. That's one of those theme teams where its restrictions barely limit its potential. I'm assuming the New York Giants aren't off limits, even though he didn't mention them.

Maybe an all-California team could compete. But then what stops you from adding the Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants, and Philadelphia A's? At the point when a theme includes some large percentage of players, it's no longer an real limitation.
Anyone can be competitive against my lifetime .510 team. I haven't spent any money on PPs. Recently, I finally decided to sell my last 3 holdovers (25,000 for Ozzie Smith, 5,200 for Hank Aaron and Bill Madlock from my starter packs and reinvest in the theme.

My active roster has:
Diamond 2
Gold 13
Silver 10
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:33 AM   #53
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:

As an all-Dodger team, I already have a few players from Brooklyn. Duke Snider has been a little disappointing, Gil Hodges and others don't start, and I can't afford Robinson and Campanella. I think Snider, Furillo, and Reese are the three that start.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:45 AM   #54
Wrigley4lab
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Rays and Cubs only team currently getting crushed in gold - St Pete Labradors
Wrigley4lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:22 PM   #55
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
My teams theme is not being very good, can I join?
of course! if you are below gold you might not have any leaguemates yet, but maybe it would inspire others to comment and join. Just let me know your username and whatnot and I'll add it to the original post.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:23 PM   #56
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigley4lab View Post
Rays and Cubs only team currently getting crushed in gold - St Pete Labradors
Awesome - could you let me know your username?
Old 02-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #57
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:

I'm not too worried about this yet...let's see what the league looks like. We always have the option to "unfriend" someone if they turn out to be a mega-whale disguised as a theme team.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #58
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Alright I think I have updated the original post as best I can.

There are a few users who still need to give me some information. If your username is in brackets in the original post, that means it's your forum username and not manager username, so it's likely that no one will be able to friend you. So that is a minimum requirement. Please also let me know the league level, team name, and theme, if that is listed as unknown.

And don't forget to friend everyone by tomorrow evening! I'd recommend friending anyone within +/- 1 league level, so we'll still be together after promotion & relegations.

Also make sure to update your "League Placement Setting" in the "Profile & Settings" page to "Use Friends List" and then submit your team. As noted previously, when you make the change you may see it revert back, but this is a bug and if you log out/back in, you'll see it's updated.

Last edited by chazzycat; 02-02-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #59
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Cream City Crew

My all-Milwaukee team is called Cream City Crew ... currently in Bronze with a record of 86-59, 3 games up.

Thanks for putting this together! Is there anything I should do on my end? Besides, you know, winning the World Series and getting out of Bronze finally.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #60
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
My all-Milwaukee team is called Cream City Crew ... currently in Bronze with a record of 86-59, 3 games up.

Thanks for putting this together! Is there anything I should do on my end? Besides, you know, winning the World Series and getting out of Bronze finally.
No problem! Please give me your manager username, so I can update the post. Then friend the others and update your settings...that should do it. For now there's just one other team in bronze, but that's better than none.

Last edited by chazzycat; 02-02-2019 at 04:16 PM.