Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-31-2019, 12:10 AM   #81
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Hahaha, this is pretty sweet. On my Perfect League team, I am a player short while I'm auctioning off a guy, so I always keep a Billy Hamilton on my reserves as a possible short-term fill-in player. He's set a my #1 pinch runner and then set to Never for all the OF positions because I don't want him to ever actually bat.

The plan actually worked perfectly in the game below, where he pinch runs for slow runner Fred Lynn in the 16th inning. He then proceeds to steal 2 bases during the same at bat before being singled in for the winning run. I love it when a plan comes together!
Attached Images
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:26 AM   #82
Izz
Hall Of Famer

A 15-11 June and a loss on July 1 puts the Hoggs at 49-32, 4 1/2 games up in their division. The two teams behind us (the Atlantis Absurds and the Sacramento Monarchs) hold both the wildcard spots at the moment. We played both of them in June, Atlantis in a 4-game series and Sacramento in a 3-game series. We only won 1 game in each series.

Happily - for us, not them - the Monarchs have gone 1-6 since playing us.

Somehow, despite only having the 4th-best BA (.268), the 7th-best OBP (.326), and the 9th-most homers (76), we lead the conference in runs scored (391). We also lead the league in runs conceded (281). We're 3 games below our Pythag.

Rollie Fingers has thrown 7 innings across 6 games since I bought him and he is yet to concede a run. His previous owner played him at Perfect level for a season. Looks like they used him as a setup/stopper guy - he went 3-9 with 10 saves in 59.0 innings, with an ERA of 4.58 and an FIP of 4.00. His LH splits aren't great but I still feel like he's an upgrade over Osuna at closer down here in Gold.

I came to an interesting realization a couple days ago. I had been thinking of myself as a collector first and foremost but I hadn't looked at my collection in weeks, and didn't really have any desire to do so. I sold off all the cards I wasn't planning on using (I had a whole lot of bronze historicals) and I didn't feel sad at all. So perhaps I'm not a collector after all
Attached Images

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:17 AM   #83
old timer
Hall Of Famer

June is over and we're still in 1st somehow. Our offense doesn't suck (for the 1st time ever) and pitching is still solid, though not as good as normal. I keep waiting for the collapse and thought it happened when we lost 10 of 12, but then we got hot to close out the month.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 01-31-2019 at 02:20 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:38 AM   #84
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

All three Gryphon teams seem to be cruising along ok right now. Blues are leading the division by a couple games in P407, although the offense has been fairly anemic this year. Pitching is carrying us. The Golds are leading their division in D365 by a slim margin with a good balance of offense / defense. And the Reds had a great day Wednesday and have climbed back into contention in D371... missing the WC by 1/2 game and division lead by 3-1/2.

Could this be the first year all three teams make the playoffs? Getting ahead of myself, but would be nice...
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:13 AM   #85
Kushiel
All Star Starter

June was my best month ever. I finished the month 23-3.
Attached Images

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:38 AM   #86
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
June is over and we're still in 1st somehow. Our offense doesn't suck (for the 1st time ever) and pitching is still solid, though not as good as normal. I keep waiting for the collapse and thought it happened when we lost 10 of 12, but then we got hot to close out the month.

Gotta stretch that lead with those two sneaking up behind
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:40 AM   #87
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
June was my best month ever. I finished the month 23-3.

Nice record in one run games too.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:43 AM   #88
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Headline for game result uses part of the opponents name rather sarcastically LOL
Corsairs have been remarkably consistent this season... 14-12 in April, 16-12 in May, 15-12 in June. Eerily consistent and in 1st by half a game.
Reavers at 41-41 nine games out and three back in the wildcard. Machado leads the NC with 59 RBI but that pales alongside Ruben Sierra's 80 RBI for the Pittsburgh Butts in the AC, Sierra's been remarkably productive without having an amazing season so far.
Subway Rats in second 7.5 games back after an odd month. They sandwich a 12-4 record around and 11 game losing streak, they definitely keep it interesting. 4.5 out of the wildcard.
Attached Images

Last edited by Will_L; 01-31-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:34 AM   #89
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
Nice record in one run games too.
I have a good 1 run game record in 7 of 9 seasons That is where pitching and defense come into play IMHO.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:37 AM   #90
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Had an atrocious June where I had 3 series against division leaders. Going to have to do some heavy lifting for the rest of the season. Sold off some Gold position players off my reserve roster and going to work on upgrading my bullpen.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:58 AM   #91
zrog2000
All Star Starter

So, so close to a super PP game with a perfect game and possibly a 100 game score. The only batter to reach base was on a HBP in the 1st inning. And then he was picked off!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:25 AM   #92
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
So, so close to a super PP game with a perfect game and possibly a 100 game score. The only batter to reach base was on a HBP in the 1st inning. And then he was picked off!
Under 100 pitches too.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:20 PM   #93
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I've never had the batting AVG leader this late in the season before and the same goes for having the pitcher with the most wins. Right now, Ken Boyer leads both conferences with a .326 AVG and Chris Carpenter is 13-1 (team is 45-41) with the most wins in both conferences. Carpenter has been very consistently good for me. His WAR over 5 seasons has been between 4.5 and 5.8 (4 of those were at diamond level).

Unfortunately, we've started July like we started June. We're off to a 1-4 start and are now in 2nd place.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:59 PM   #94
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My pitching defense team has not been good enough to lead their division in Silver yet and my starting pitching, which dominated bronze has been good but not great so far (3rd in their conference). The offense started cold but has shown a few signs that they are warming up.

But I ended the day losing 3 in a row to the team ahead of me and dropped to 6 games back.

Last edited by Maddox; 01-31-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:54 PM   #95
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mess View Post
Under 100 pitches too.
You don't get a Maddux when you get a no-hitter unfortunately.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:07 PM   #96
zrog2000
All Star Starter

My Garry Maddox was robbed for the All-Star game!
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-31-2019, 04:32 PM   #97
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Starting 2 seasons ago, I decided to focus on small upgrades instead of saving up for a major upgrade (like a new SP which could have cost around 20k). I didn't think this would make too much of a difference, but it seems I was wrong about that.

They seem to be paying off now both with respect to our record and stats. I've added guys that can be trained to effectively play multiple positions, which has allowed me to platoon some guys. The result has been a much improved offense (perennially 15th of 15, but now around the middle) and now that most have been trained, my defense has improved too.

My two latest economical upgrades (Collins and Simmons) just played their first game and started off with a bang. It always feels nice when your new editions start off well. I got Simmons to replace Aparicio who was hitting under .200 and Simmons' defense is nearly the same as Aparicio's so his improved bat should help out.

Below is the box score from the latest game played (we're the Chesapeake Clippers). As you can see, high contact hitters plus good defenders are the emphasis here.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 01-31-2019 at 04:40 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:34 PM   #98
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Yaks are 67-28 at the break with a 19.5 game lead. I am hoping desperately I can meet my buddy Thalion the WS this season and pay him back for that WS he edged me many moons ago. I love playing those Geezers. They inform me where I am at.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:37 PM   #99
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
My Garry Maddox was robbed for the All-Star game!

I guess the game favors hitting over defense when making selections? I've had Oquendo (who had great D) lead all 2B in WAR at the break and in other seasons he was close to the top and yet he wasn't selected even once.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:39 PM   #100
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
The Yaks are 67-28 at the break with a 19.5 game lead. I am hoping desperately I can meet my buddy Thalion the WS this season and pay him back for that WS he edged me many moons ago. I love playing those Geezers. They inform me where I am at.

Isn't this team in a perfect league? And with that kind of record?! What's your roster look like?