Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #41
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

I am in gold as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Just ripitback and I are in the same league as the other got moved up to Gold.

I included your other teams as well.

Maybe see you on Monday!
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #42
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I bought PP to get Harold Baines. Outside of him, i dont plan on using $$ to get more players. i still have several LIVE players on my team but I am trying to get as many Legends as possible. see my team here.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298519
I'm The_Game54
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:13 PM   #43
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
I am in gold as well.

My mistake, thanks.

I meant to say that N Y Y #23 and I are currently in the same league.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:25 PM   #44
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Two Seem Like Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
I am in gold as well.

Thanks for letting me add my other teams. The Butchers and Reapers seemed destined for relegation, while the Ruppert Mundys are only two games up on the other bottom feeders.

I was hoping the Reapers might get promoted with ripitback's team, but no such luck. Their time in Gold should be brief, though. I actually thought they might compete when I pulled a Mike Piazza on Sunday. Doesn't matter, though, I'll probably be cutting him loose on Saturday. He's worth about 6 or 7 packs, and he was never one of my favorite players, an important criteria, it seems, for me in PT. Also helps if the player was on one of my Strat-O-Matic play by mail teams 20 odd years ago.

Perhaps I've hit upon the reason for my "success."
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:27 PM   #45
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Silver Lining to Dark Cloud of 2028 Season

If the Friends List works, all three of my teams should join tomorrow. I've attached the logos. Be kind of funny if they all ended up in the same division.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #46
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Same Conference

The Port Ruppert Mundys opened the season by taking three of four from former Patriot League rivals the Aceldama Butchers.

All three of my teams ended up in the National, so my dream scenario of a World Series between two of the teams can't happen. Was happy to see the Kakoola Reapers in the same division with the Philadelphia Patriots.

Maybe one of the above four will square off against the Gorillas in the World Series.

I was a little bit conflicted about how it might look with my three teams going into the same league, but since I don't change my rosters during the week, it didn't seem problematic to me.

I only add players on Sundays, and don't submit the changes on the rare occasions I'm in the playoffs. I dance with the ones who brung me.

Thanks again to Bottom Of The Sixth for inviting me in. Go Gorillas.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #47
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
The Port Ruppert Mundys opened the season by taking three of four from former Patriot League rivals the Aceldama Butchers.

All three of my teams ended up in the National, so my dream scenario of a World Series between two of the teams can't happen. Was happy to see the Kakoola Reapers in the same division with the Philadelphia Patriots.

Maybe one of the above four will square off against the Gorillas in the World Series.

I was a little bit conflicted about how it might look with my three teams going into the same league, but since I don't change my rosters during the week, it didn't seem problematic to me.

I only add players on Sundays, and don't submit the changes on the rare occasions I'm in the playoffs. I dance with the ones who brung me.

Looks like the Patriots and Reapers are going to have our hands full with Shady Grove, who is hot.

I'm not opposed to adding players during the season, but I like to do it at the beginning of the week if I'm going to do it. I don't like adding after the all-star break.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #48
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post

You are more than welcome.

I am glad to see that there are players out there that enjoy and have an interest in playing the way I like to.

The more guys we can recruit, the more enjoyable it will be for all of us!
Old 02-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #49
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Looks like the Patriots and Reapers are going to have our hands full with Shady Grove, who is hot.

I'm not opposed to adding players during the season, but I like to do it at the beginning of the week if I'm going to do it. I don't like adding after the all-star break.

So far, I'm feeling very hopeful with the way this 2029 season has started for my team.

I didn't pick up anyone new during the off-season.

If the wheels are falling off the wagon, I have no problem trying to pick up some players to stop the hole in the dike.

After 11 PT years, I feel pretty content with who I currently have.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:35 PM   #50
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Big Match Up

The Aceldama Butchers host the Philadelphia Patriots in Real League action. We'll find out which Swannie has the sweetest song in game two. So far the Butchers have only played the Port Ruppert Mundys and sport a 4-3 record against their former Patriot League rivals. I'll be hitting the computer to check as soon as I can when I get home.

Not sure how the scheduling works in PT, but I'm guessing the Gas House Gorillas will not be playing any of the other four Real League members this year.

By the way, I do tinker a bit with the lineups and pitching during the season, I just don't adjust the rosters. I prefer to save that as my Sunday morning guilty pleasure, usually while the other teams battle in the playoffs.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:13 PM   #51
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Friends List Standings

These are the results so far, in what I'm calling the Real League (at least to me). The Gorillas are setting the pace, but they can ill afford any missteps, since they play the shortest league schedule. This will probably be outdated as soon as I post it since there's a series between the Patriots and Mundys underway. I'll continue to update it in the coming days.
Attached Images
Old 02-15-2019, 07:32 PM   #52
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Updated Friends List Standings S326

The Aceldama Butchers need just one win to clinch the highest Real League winning percentage with three Friends List games remaining, on the road against the Kakoola Reapers.
The Philadelphia Patriots need a road sweep, also against Kakoola, and three Aceldama losses, to earn the top spot.

The Gas House Gorillas, in the American Conference of S326, played the most abbreviated schedule.

The other four teams on the Friends list are in the National Conference, with Philadelphia and Kakoola both in the East. The Port Ruppert Mundys are in the West and Aceldama is in the Central.

The Gorillas and Mundys have completed their Friends List schedules.
Attached Images
Old 02-15-2019, 07:56 PM   #53
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

My Gas House Gorillas have fought hard to get back to being close to a .500 team.

Pitching, which was a Gas House strong point in past seasons, is a major problem child now.

Pitchers who once celebrated winning seasons now can't keep their ERA below .400

For no rhyme or reason, when my pitching goes south and my bats go ice cold.

When the pitching starts going back north, my bats start heating up.

I feel like a yo-yo! ;-)
Old 02-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #54
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

The Patriots started the season within striking distance of first, but a 6-16 August has us hovering around .500 again.

I can relate to the yo-yo feeling.

We're also in the market for some pitching upgrades. I guess that's a constant though, but hopefully can find an upgrade tonight.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #55
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

A Little Conflicted

Happy the Butchers are doing well, but not itching to do too well. It's been nice to look around the league at the other teams (even if it's only five) and see rosters without thinking, ho hum.

Winning the Friends List "pennant" would make for a successful season, methinks.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:22 AM   #56
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Final Standings

Attached are the final standings for what I called the Real League. Thanks one more time for inviting me in. The Butchers got the top Wild Card spot in the National, so they could be promoted out with some playoff success.

I hope I wasn't too presumptuous with the name. If it's okay with you, next season, I might start a new thread, laying out the framework you originally set up, to keep it on the first page, and perhaps encourage others to join. It was the most enjoyable season I've had. I looked forward to seeing the result of the "clinching" game against Kakoola more than when the Butchers made it to game seven a couple of seasons ago. Good luck next year. I hope the Gorillas end up in the same conference as the rest of us next year.
Attached Images
Old 02-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #57
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Congratulations to the Butchers for winning it all!

We picked up several new teams in our Silver League including several historical themed teams including

The Chicago Hitmen
Cooperstown Hall of Famers
Old York Yankopolitans
Houston Colt .45's
Brisbane Brewers

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 02-18-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:34 PM   #58
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Were They Friends List Additions?

If the answer is yes, should I add them to my friends list? Either way, I'll add them into the standings. Probably won't get to it tonight, though. It's nice to see additions, because my first perusal of the schedule revealed that Gas House and Philly play six times, but there are no games on tap for either of them against Port Ruppert or Kakoola, so adding in the other teams will give it a fuller flavor. With both my teams in the same division, and bringing up the rear, they'll play each other a lot.

Thanks for the congrats, but it was catching lightning in a bottle. The Butchers will probably be back next week. They're off to a terrible start (again) in Gold. Having the best record against like-minded teams was the best part of their season.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:45 PM   #59
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Rough season so far.

Finding some huge whale teams down at this level, especially one in particular.

When a team is only in its second year and it is stacked with only perfects and diamond rated players, it makes it totally impossible to compete and no fun to play against.

It is amazing what $1000 worth of PP can do for a team!
Old 02-21-2019, 06:04 PM   #60
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Rough season so far.

Finding some huge whale teams down at this level, especially one in particular.

When a team is only in its second year and it is stacked with only perfects and diamond rated players, it makes it totally impossible to compete and no fun to play against.

It is amazing what $1000 worth of PP can do for a team!
This is exactly why I lost interest in the real game (sports in general) after being avid rabid fan.... that and steroids
Can't even relate

The whole reason i got OTPBB is do play with teams prior to say 1990.
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote