Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-14-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Post Season 7 (2025) Discussion: 1/14/19-1/20/19

Update, a little glitch caused the sim to start a bit early, two days have been simmed, the last day of the pre-season and Opening Game which had one game scheduled for most leagues. Simulations will resume at 10 am ET.

-----

As our servers are preparing the season #7 league files let me share some great news with you: We have surpassed 10,000 total teams in the PT universe. This is absolutely amazing, and we thank you guys so much for all your support!

The new leagues will be seeded randomly per level, unlike the last few seasons, so you will discover a lot of new opponents. This should be very interesting!

So, good luck for season #7 everybody! Enjoy the ride

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 01-14-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

This does look like it'll be an interesting season. I've gotten used to knowing most of the teams in the league, and when I take a quick look Monday morning have a good idea what the challenges for the week will be.

This week is a complete unknown, so it feels fresh. Looking forward to it, yet also disappointed that I'll be away all day before getting a chance to dive in.

Good luck all, and congrats on 10,000 teams!
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:10 AM   #3
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

I have to admit this season is starting out a bit on the disappointing side. I know there was a forum poll about additional randomization of league seeding, but I didn't see it until after it was closed, and something like 7% or less of players actually voted, which seems like a rather small amount of feedback to use for that decision. Perhaps more annoyingly, the results do not seem to match the poll options that were given. The winning result was "more randomization with a working friends list". As far as I can tell, the seeding is now completely random, and there is still no friends list.

The early sim start was also annoying, as it occurred while I was trying to scout the new unfamiliar competition to work out park factors and an initial team composition. Glitches happen, but combined with my dislike for the intentional changes, I'm finding my enthusiasm a bit drained.
absurddoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:13 AM   #4
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Woot, Here we go again. My teams are

Winterfell Direwolves (Diamond .364) - I believe I am in for a rude awakening in diamond. The team won the division last year but the two prior seasons the same squad was mediocre.

Macon County Cardinals (Gold .338) - This team is kind of stagnant. I am convinced that for some teams it is just going to be hard to build a competitive team. The Cardinals are especially weak in Bullpen arms. The few upgrades that I can still make are extremely costly.

Hungary Hungry Hippos (Bronze .289) - This is my newest team and they are focused on defense and pitching. For their first season they will have 2 players in LF and RF learning new positions so it may start out rough for them but everyone else is solid in their defense.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurddoctor View Post
As far as I can tell, the seeding is now completely random, and there is still no friends list.
The implementation that the friends list is used will take another 1-2 weeks, we stated that in the poll thread as well. This is a very complicated algorithm.

And sorry about the early start. For most people no games were simulated though, just the two off-days.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #6
klcs77
Bat Boy

i wish there was a little more heads up about the re roll of leagues and it was handled slower i have been playing since entry with some of the teams in my old league we had a great group on discord but now the re roll has happened and i maybe the only discord player in my league which will really impact the amount of enjoyment i get for this game. if leagues were say broke in half or even 4th's before being totally disbanded it would have give us a chance to adjust. need less to say i will play for the few weeks but i dont have the same hope i did for 20 after this move i know we are still running a beta and no one will ever be 100% happy but this was not communicated well at all. if there are 10k teams and 73 votes for this to happen ( even though you know the math i have to point it out ) 7.3% changed what 92.7% may have liked adjusted but this adjustment is a shock to the system that if it happens again i for one would like to see more care put into it.

K Smith
klcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:37 AM   #7
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Good luck to everyone in Season #7

Laurelton Corsairs D381
Queens County Reavers S303
NYC Subway Rats D370
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:42 AM   #8
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I see a couple of familiar teams but I am excited by seeing a smorgasbord of new logos. I like the rivalries that I have enjoyed so far but that system only gives me a small taste of the PT Universe. This way I get to see many more teams and will still run across my old friends/rivals on occasion for an exciting season's reunion. At least that is the way I am looking at it.

With the new randomness I changed my Horned Frogs to the Yakety Yaks and they are in P403 this season. My second team the Comanche Peak Infernos are again in Diamond where they will likely reside for a long time are in D356. My newest team, the Lone Stars is in silver at S335.

Good luck everybody.

Its just a game. Have fun! ")

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:44 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I see a couple of familiar teams but I am excited by seeing a smorgasbord of new logos. I like the rivalries that I have enjoyed so far but that system only gives me a small taste of the PT Universe. This way I get to see many more teams and will still run across my old friends/rivals on occasion for an exciting season's reunion. At least that is the way I am looking at it.
That's exactly the way I feel
Old 01-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #10
jda
Minors (Single A)

Definitely not what I wanted. All my friends are suddenly elsewhere, it looks a lot less entertaining now. I think this would have been a great idea if the Friends feature actually worked. I know this is still essentially an extended beta, but man, please, please, get Friends working if you guys can.
jda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:06 AM   #11
Thalion
Major Leagues

I got stuck in a league without a full complement of teams and none of my friends. A game has already been run.

This sucks. It feels like Entry Pool again. I'll check back in next week to see if I got promoted to a real league with my friends.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:30 AM   #12
justafish2002
Minors (Double A)

I'll throw my name into the disappointed pile... I loved competing against familiar faces and if felt like our league was forming a real personality (especially with how active .401 was on discord last season). While the competition is probably lessened (no offense, but .401 was a meat grinder), I'll miss the culture that .401 was starting to build.

Please get the friends feature working soon.
justafish2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #13
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Just wanted to add my thoughts on the league randomization change. I think there are two separate issues: 1) The merits of the change; and 2) how the change was decided/justified.

I don´t have much of a problem with the change itself. But that´s probably because I just didn´t really have any connection to people in my league. I can see how it would suck if you did.

What I do have a problem with, however, is how the change was decided on and then justified. It is a major change to how the game works and it was decided based on a poll that was at best incredibly confusing and at worst misleading. And which, in either case, was voted on by only 78 people in a thread that existed for about 24 hours before it was basically settled. The content of the thread with the poll in it had virtually nobody, with the notable exception of Markus, advocating for the result that was implemented this week.

Ultimately, it is the devs game. We are just playing it. I get that. They can (and sometimes should) just do things that they think are best for the game without heeding the advice of the community. But it feels a bit icky to set up a poll that does not actually present the choice and then use the results to justify the choice when people complain about it.
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #14
Maddox
All Star Reserve

I had no ties to anybody in my league, probably because I was stuck at gold level for 4 seasons. so most teams passed me by.

I can understand both sides. If you are in a league where you are absolutely not competitive, yet too good to get relegated then it can get rather old watching the same teams beat up on you year after year.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:45 AM   #15
Boon
Minors (Single A)

But we got to fix the incomplete Leagues....

P400 is incomplete this season and it just messes with the feel. I know others have complained.

Maybe promote a few others from the lower league to keep the upper leagues full, then have your floater in the Bronze league only?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dannydsmithjr
Boon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #16
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Trenton Minutemen are still stuck in Bronze (.298)
Denver Bears once again move up to Silver (.341)
Hope I don't suck too much in Gold and get out of Bronze.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #17
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Seems like I'll be less focused this week. Looks like the leagues got reshuffled so in both my accounts there's no one in my league of the hundreds of people on the discord so that'll be fun :/
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #18
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klcs77 View Post
i wish there was a little more heads up about the re roll of leagues and it was handled slower i have been playing since entry with some of the teams in my old league we had a great group on discord but now the re roll has happened and i maybe the only discord player in my league which will really impact the amount of enjoyment i get for this game. if leagues were say broke in half or even 4th's before being totally disbanded it would have give us a chance to adjust. need less to say i will play for the few weeks but i dont have the same hope i did for 20 after this move i know we are still running a beta and no one will ever be 100% happy but this was not communicated well at all. if there are 10k teams and 73 votes for this to happen ( even though you know the math i have to point it out ) 7.3% changed what 92.7% may have liked adjusted but this adjustment is a shock to the system that if it happens again i for one would like to see more care put into it.

K Smith
At least you have 1 team. I've never seen any of of these teams in the past 6 seasons of PT
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #19
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

@Markus

You guys screwed up randomizing these leagues. Pulled the trigger too soon my man.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #20
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurddoctor View Post
I have to admit this season is starting out a bit on the disappointing side. I know there was a forum poll about additional randomization of league seeding, but I didn't see it until after it was closed, and something like 7% or less of players actually voted, which seems like a rather small amount of feedback to use for that decision.
I hope in your calculation you did not include the roughly 80% of players in all online games that don't give a damn whatever, never go onto a forum, and never interact with anybody…

Quote:
Originally Posted by jda View Post
Definitely not what I wanted. All my friends are suddenly elsewhere, it looks a lot less entertaining now. I think this would have been a great idea if the Friends feature actually worked. I know this is still essentially an extended beta, but man, please, please, get Friends working if you guys can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
I got stuck in a league without a full complement of teams and none of my friends. A game has already been run.

This sucks. It feels like Entry Pool again. I'll check back in next week to see if I got promoted to a real league with my friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafish2002 View Post
I'll throw my name into the disappointed pile... I loved competing against familiar faces and if felt like our league was forming a real personality (especially with how active .401 was on discord last season). While the competition is probably lessened (no offense, but .401 was a meat grinder), I'll miss the culture that .401 was starting to build.

Please get the friends feature working soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwatic View Post
Seems like I'll be less focused this week. Looks like the leagues got reshuffled so in both my accounts there's no one in my league of the hundreds of people on the discord so that'll be fun :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
@Markus

You guys screwed up randomizing these leagues. Pulled the trigger too soon my man.
Where were y'all when the poll topic was open? Now you are coming out to voice displeasure? Great.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote