Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #121
ThePretender
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Since a 35-7 start, this team has gone 31-33. Still a good 66-40 record, but quite disappointing!
I run a pretty similar team to you - different 3B, different corner OFs, and JD Martinez at DH. I'm first in my gold league. I also have the second best run differential in the league. I didn't go as defense heavy as you, which is why I'm #1 in offence and 4th in defensive efficiency. So you can definitely have success with that kind of roster. Though I guess I'm probably more willing to sacrifice slightly on defence (the 70-85 range instead of aiming for 85+ everywhere) to have a better bat. I think for some spots balance is important.

Can't speak to your pitching, but just letting you know that the team still has success at higher levels.

Last edited by ThePretender; 01-18-2019 at 11:06 AM.
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #122
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePretender View Post
I run a pretty similar team to you - different 3B, different corner OFs, and JD Martinez at DH. I'm first in my gold league. I also have the second best run differential in the league. I didn't go as defense heavy as you, which is why I'm #1 in offence and 4th in defensive efficiency. So you can definitely have success with that kind of roster. Though I guess I'm probably more willing to sacrifice slightly on defence (the 70-85 range instead of aiming for 85+ everywhere) to have a better bat. I think for some spots balance is important.

Can't speak to your pitching, but just letting you know that the team still has success at higher levels.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'll have to start sacrificing a little bit on the defensive side if I want to succeed at higher levels. Eventually singling and occasionally doubling teams to death won't work against elite pitching!
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #123
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Yeah, he's a good example of a player that starts at his peak at his primary position, but has others partially learned.

If you check out the Future Legends, many of them start with multiple position ratings and in several cases they are fully trained in those positions (although there are still more to learn). Bo Bichette comes maxed at 2B and SS. I believe Victor Robles starts maxed at all 3 OF positions, and he's really good at all of them, so he's an excellent early game backup because you never have to worry about poor defense from your backup at untrained positions.

Oh yeah, and to anyone reading this who has a Mookie, be sure to immediately start training him at 2B, even if you put him there in just one of your lineups to grow him over a couple seasons. The versatility of being able to move him there as a 70 2B (who immediately becomes the best hitting 2B in the game) when you start picking up some other elite OFs is great.
Quoting myself because I found a strange one in the Future Legends. Fernando Tatis Jr. is listed as a 3B, but shows a 28 rating at 3B, 45 at SS, and 25 at 2B. According to my calculations, the only position he's maxed at is SS. He should get to

1B - 99
2B - 62
3B - 68
SS - 45
LF - 72
CF - 32
RF - 67

His card makes him look like a garbage defender, but he's actually a good non-SS/CF utility guy and a top end defensive 1B. He's even a really solid hitter.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #124
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Time for me to start looking at Upgrades on my initial team, trying to add a little offense without sacrificing too much defense. Without breaking the bank.

I have just under 18,000 PP so part of me says to save the extra for the Perfect Trout to upgrade Harrison Bader in CF. I am thinking Bader will be outmatched if and when I advance leagues.

I have been wishy washy on Brooks Robinson so far. Brilliant defense but when a player struggles to hit for average in Bronze league then I become worried about how they will do when the team advances. Maybe I can convert a SS like Lindor to a 3B.

Upgrades are tough to find though when you are trying to focus on defense first. Seems easy to find offensive upgrades but those are usually going to a big hit to the defense.

As far as pitching, we will see how this season turns out. I still lead the league in most pitching categories (except strikeouts) so I feel I have a little time to see who is working out and who might need to be replaced.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:49 PM   #125
Mudster
Major Leagues

Been keeping Devon White around at CF but recently replaced him with Gary Maddox. Having them both out there works defensively, but White tends to really struggle offensively. Been working him at the corners to see where it goes. Also a great pinch runner.
Attached Images
Mudster is offline   Reply With Quote