Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #61
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
My FTP Cooper Gutter Cats seem to be holding their own in G318.

Still not sure if the best strategy is to buy packs whenever PP's are earned or save for a month or two for an upgrade. I have just over 4k points now.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #62
Morug
Major Leagues

My best offensive game with my Bombers in Bronze league, 23-8...thats gave me 1700 pp lol 28 hits..thats was a crazy game.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #63
old timer
Hall Of Famer

My Clippers team is currently 25-20, but the big surprise is Willie Davis. He's leading the league (both conferences) in AVG and WAR! I mainly got him for his defense in CF and he's only been mediocre offensively in the past.

Edit: Funny enough, this season is his only one where he's not been near the top in defense.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 01-08-2019 at 07:45 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:55 PM   #64
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Another odd thing I just noticed is that the Batter War leaders in both leagues (Gold Level) are not the guys you'd expect (it's May 21st) at this point in the season.
In the AC, we have:
Willie Davis
Ron Cey
Ozzie Smith

In the NC:
Luis Aparicio
Justin Turner
Brooks Robinson

No Trouts, Betts, etc.
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 01-08-2019 at 07:58 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:23 AM   #65
Izz
Hall Of Famer

The Hoggs are still riding high. 17-11 in May, 37-17 for the season, and only 1 game above their Pythagorean record. Jim Abbott won Pitcher of the Month, and so far we've scored 101 more runs than we've conceded.

Across 14.2 innings in 15 games this season, Tony Watson is yet to concede a run, earned or otherwise, and has not allowed an inherited runner to score either. Right now, actually, my bullpen isn't getting that much work (Collin McHugh threw 1.1 innings on the 1st May and hasn't pitched since). Not sure if that's good in the long run but they're getting the job done most of the time when called upon. Osuna does have 15 saves, second in the conference. He's only given up earned runs in 3 of his 26 appearances. Moved Will Harris from closer to a setup role to accommodate Osuna at the beginning of the season. Good move, I think *pats self on back*

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #66
gemini615
All Star Reserve

The Kennesaw Indians have won 8 of the last 10 and sit 1 game behind the division leader at 31-23. My starters have turned it around and lead the league in combined era. Out of Bauer, Score, Feller, Uhle, and Barker......George Uhle has the lowest era of the bunch.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #67
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

The Bandits finished May with a winning record as well, and are a small handful of games outside a division lead. Not bad for Diamond. Spent yesterday making some AH moves in preparation for a #5 starter upgrade and DH upgrade - Waner can't hack it anymore at Diamond, it's time for JD. If this team is cookie-cuter, might as well lean into it.

I had to sell my long man (Mussina) to get enough funds, so while I wait to win my bid on Dierker, I put Quissenberry in the bullpen. Curious to see how no stuff, elite MOV/CON plays at this level.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #68
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My Direwolves ended day two leading their division. The offense is carrying them at this stage.

My Cardinals are in last again. The game decided that my high contact, on base guys (Ozzie Smith and Stan Musiel) were going to be awful for the first few days. It also decided that my one diamond pitcher, Chris Carpenter would start out with a 3-7 record.

Last edited by Maddox; 01-09-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #69
thehitcat
Bat Boy

My Raymond Landlocked Salmon (a Boston team of former Red Sox and Braves) slayed our nemeses the Hartford Whale for the second straight season this time knocking them out in the Diamond LCS before falling in 6 games in the WS. We were one of two teams promoted to Perfect (.402) and have started the new year well in the standings on the back of our excellent pitching. The Salmon are 36-21 in 2nd place 2 games back with a pair of nearly identical months under their belts (18-10 April and 18-11 May). The team is currently 8th in the National in Runs Scored and 3rd in Runs Allowed. We'll have to see if our offense comes around enough to keep us in the hunt for the postseason.

The Windham Roosevelt Trail (Free to Play Packs Only) has begun their 4th straight season in Silver (.272) and is a game up in their division at 29-25, Similar to the Salmon the Trail have had two very similar months 14-12 in April and 15-13 in May. The offense other than a couple of players has been anemic 10th in Runs Scored in the Conference with the pitching just barely top half 6th in Runs Allowed. The Runs Scored rank is particularly problematic as I made concerted switches away from Defense (Nellie Fox for Mark Belanger at SS, and Conforto from LF to CF to accommodate Cespedes at the expense of Pillar's glove. If we're not hitting it I know we're not fielding it as well. We might need to swing back in the other direction. We'll see what June (tonight) brings.
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:26 AM   #70
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

Things have turned around for my team after an 8-12 start. Currently at 31-26 after my starting pitching turned around (at least partially due to some additions). I'm 1 game back of a WC spot, but the two current WC teams are both in my division. Gonna be a tough go, as our division leader is currently 4 games up.
W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #71
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

I'm on game 12 of a 20 game stretch without a break and for the first time ever that I've noticed, I don't have a fully rested starting pitcher. Verlander is about to start at 87%. He did go 136 pitches in a CGSO in his last start. Still, I could have sworn that 100% is pretty much a lock with 4 days between starts.

Anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 01-09-2019 at 11:37 AM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #72
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Another odd thing I just noticed is that the Batter War leaders in both leagues (Gold Level) are not the guys you'd expect (it's May 21st) at this point in the season.
In the AC, we have:
Willie Davis
Ron Cey
Ozzie Smith

In the NC:
Luis Aparicio
Justin Turner
Brooks Robinson

No Trouts, Betts, etc.
My Gold League has only 4 Perfect cards (2 Betts, 1 Trout, 1 Ruth). After focusing on my Perfect League team so much, I was shocked to notice that the entire league has less Perfects than many PL teams.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #73
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Seems I beat up on a team, called the Arkansas Judges Chambers. Unusual title.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #74
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Somehow my Clippers team is in 1st place at 41-31 (.569) which is the 2nd best record in the conference. It sure is different here in gold without all the super-teams. Pitching and defense are #1 and #2 for me so far, but hitting will continue to be weakness until I can get more PP. I have about 7.5k right now and need about twice that for a decent upgrade.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #75
sharknut
All Star Reserve

14 games under .500 with a -3 run differential.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:11 PM   #76
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

My Hoboken Zephyrs have been on a tear in June. Lost on June 1st and then went on a 12-game winning streak. After starting the day at 29-26 and 1 game back of the wild card, the Zephyrs now sit at 45-28 and have pulled into 1st place in the AC West by a half game after beating the former division leader. I can't say I expect that lead to last, but my run differential is now a healthy +98, which is 2nd in the conference (1st is +151!). Things are looking up.
W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:27 PM   #77
daves
Hall Of Famer

So what makes a team tank once they reach the perfect level?

I am in the 408 and there is a team that is definitely tanking.

I am not reporting it, I just don't understand why? It is a little disappointing because the competition is great.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:40 PM   #78
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
So what makes a team tank once they reach the perfect level?

I am in the 408 and there is a team that is definitely tanking.

I am not reporting it, I just don't understand why? It is a little disappointing because the competition is great.

Why are you not reporting it? Is it because you don't feel they're tanking too much? If they're gifting a lot of PP to others (even at the perfect level), isn't that worth reporting?
Old 01-09-2019, 08:49 PM   #79
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Why are you not reporting it? Is it because you don't feel they're tanking too much? If they're gifting a lot of PP to others (even at the perfect level), isn't that worth reporting?
I just don't understand why someone with 2 championships and playoffs every season suddenly decides to tank at the Perfect level?

How do you report this?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:21 PM   #80
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I just don't understand why someone with 2 championships and playoffs every season suddenly decides to tank at the Perfect level?

How do you report this?

Well, if you don't think it's giving an unfair advantage to other teams, then I don't see any reason too. Otherwise, it seems like they should be reported. In other words, are they getting blown out and gifting thousands of points regularly? If not, then it doesn't seem like it really matters.

As to why would someone do this? I'm afraid I don't have any ideas there.