Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-04-2018, 02:58 AM   #61
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

We were swept in our season-opening series by scores of 1:0, 3:2 and 4:2 but rebounded to a 6-6 record before I went to bed last night ... woke up this morning with these achievements
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:29 AM   #62
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I think it is important for the health of the game to keep reminding people that (1) there are fewer of these whale teams than you would think by reading the forums and (2) they will all be promoted quickly. So you probably won't be seeing these teams in the lower levels after a few seasons. I really hope people don't give up on this mode before it has a chance to develop. I think it could be a lot of fun when we get to next year with live cards changing and tournaments for variety.

But I think, your Team is quite stacked too, I would assume, that you are at least 50 Games above replacement, so you will win 100 games give and take. (I wonder, if I am correct)
uschi_baerchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:40 AM   #63
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Quit mediocer I would think, your Rotation is fine, the best pitcher is your number 4, you should get rid of and replace Olson I guess (any replacement would do).
uschi_baerchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:51 AM   #64
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I think it is important for the health of the game to keep reminding people that (1) there are fewer of these whale teams than you would think by reading the forums and (2) they will all be promoted quickly. So you probably won't be seeing these teams in the lower levels after a few seasons. I really hope people don't give up on this mode before it has a chance to develop. I think it could be a lot of fun when we get to next year with live cards changing and tournaments for variety.

There could be new stacked teams every week in some divisions, you never know. I also see a lot of potential and hope that people don't give up, but i think a system like the one i described here might be healthier, more fair and more fun for everyone.
Asov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:01 AM   #65
Kem
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Off to quite a good start, it would seem.
Kem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #66
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Here is my FTP team, the Happy Plankton. We are 13-12 after the first day 1 1/2 GB. As you can see we are a veritable powerhouse.
Attached Images

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:19 AM   #67
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Jack Clark (VERY underrated card) was named player of the month in my league. With other points I earned that month, I bought a bronze pack and got nobody rated higher than 61.

But...I am in first place in the division so far.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #68
Maddox
All Star Reserve

It would be an interesting stat to see just how many teams are currently running with Suzuki.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:21 AM   #69
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschi_baerchen View Post
But I think, your Team is quite stacked too, I would assume, that you are at least 50 Games above replacement, so you will win 100 games give and take. (I wonder, if I am correct)
Yes, I expect to win 100 games in the rookie league, but I might not because players don't always perform to the level of their OVR number. I don't believe for a minute that I will win 100 games in the majors with this roster. Everything is relative. My team is stacked compared to someone that has only no diamonds, and it should be because I spent $40 and opened 50+ packs. My team is NOT stacked compared to teams that have no card below a gold and six perfects. There are people spending $40 a day.

The beauty of this system is that we will all eventually find our level, so it doesn't matter who spends what in the long run. There will always be people who want to be the best in the universe, and those people need to keep their credit card handy. That's how the game makes money and stays in business to provide this enjoyable activity for all of us, including the big spenders for whom I am thankful. Without them, there would be no one to buy the diamonds and perfects that are flooding the auction house from people trying to sell their best card to fill out their team.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #70
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asov View Post
There could be new stacked teams every week in some divisions, you never know. I also see a lot of potential and hope that people don't give up, but i think a system like the one i described here might be healthier, more fair and more fun for everyone.
That system would NOT be more fair or more fun for the person that wants to have the PERFECT TEAM. That person wants an outfield of (as an example) Williams, Mantle, and Ruth. He wants a pitching staff with Newhouser, Mathewson, Koufax, and Alexander. That system makes his dream impossible.

The Perfect Team guy that I described doesn't want to play with a team of bronze or 2018 Live players. He finds that boring. Therefore, he will leave or never join in, and the company will lose his money. Because the company doesn't get his money, they won't be able to support the servers and development cost and the game will eventually shut down.

This is how capitalism works. It is not supposed to be fair. It is supposed to be competitive. However, Markus has used a promotion/relegation system to provide a game where fair and competitive can co-exist in perfect (team) harmony. You should be rejoicing over this achievement instead of trying to change it. Markus should get the Nobel peace prize.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #71
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
That system would NOT be more fair or more fun for the person that wants to have the PERFECT TEAM. That person wants an outfield of (as an example) Williams, Mantle, and Ruth. He wants a pitching staff with Newhouser, Mathewson, Koufax, and Alexander. That system makes his dream impossible.

The Perfect Team guy that I described doesn't want to play with a team of bronze or 2018 Live players. He finds that boring. Therefore, he will leave or never join in, and the company will lose his money. Because the company doesn't get his money, they won't be able to support the servers and development cost and the game will eventually shut down.

This is how capitalism works. It is not supposed to be fair. It is supposed to be competitive. However, Markus has used a promotion/relegation system to provide a game where fair and competitive can co-exist in perfect (team) harmony. You should be rejoicing over this achievement instead of trying to change it. Markus should get the Nobel peace prize.
Who said that you cant have that outfield? Did you read all my message? Its a progressive system, eventually you could play whatever lineup you want.

But whatever man, its just an idea, didn't mean to offend anyone or debate capitalism, its a mechanic that could improve the game in my opinion.

Last edited by Asov; 12-04-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #72
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Who said that you cant have that outfield? Did you read all my message? Its a progressive system, eventually you could play whatever lineup you want.

But whatever man, its just an idea, didn't mean to offend anyone or debate capitalism, its a mechanic that could improve the game in my opinion.
If I am lucky enough to get a few diamonds and golds etc. why should I have to wait months to be able to play them all? I understand what you are saying but I think restricting the cards players can use defeats the whole purpose of Perfect Team.

Like Orcin said in a previous post I think everybody will eventually find their "level" or happy medium.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #73
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You never gave me the restrictions for the top level. If the top level is unlimited, then all this system does is put off the problem for six weeks.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #74
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
If I am lucky enough to get a few diamonds and golds etc. why should I have to wait months to be able to play them all? I understand what you are saying but I think restricting the cards players can use defeats the whole purpose of Perfect Team.

Like Orcin said in a previous post I think everybody will eventually find their "level" or happy medium.
The time depends on how levels are set and tournaments could be unlimited.

Why should a FTP player wait weeks to get "leveled"?
Old 12-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #75
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Restricting the level of cards one can use (to even less than what is in the starter packs, except for the perfect and diamond) is indeed somewhere between absurd and laughable. It gives no incentive to people to spend even $5. Even $20 might not give you a diamond. By contrast, the guy that is dumb-lucky enough to pull two diamonds from his 1,000 PP gets needlessly screwed and pissed off.

Terrible suggestion, like all the suggestions from the free-to-play crowd.

Quote:
If you have more of an attention span than a fruit fly, you will find your comfortable level of play in this game and can have bushels of fun. Problem is, everybody thinks they can be first, and damn those whales that spend hundreds of dollars... but nobody ever admits that they can only have fun if THEY are the ones trampling the opposition.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #76
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The time depends on how levels are set and tournaments could be unlimited.

Why should a FTP player wait weeks to get "leveled"?
If by leveled you mean moving up or down in leagues from Bronze to Silver, Silver to Gold etc. everybody has to wait, not just the free players. I don't understand what you are trying to say with that question.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #77
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

If you have more of an attention span than a fruit fly, you will find your comfortable level of play in this game and can have bushels of fun. Problem is, everybody thinks they can be first, and damn those whales that spend hundreds of dollars... but nobody ever admits that they can only have fun if THEY are the ones trampling the opposition.
hey, I resent the insinuation that my attention span is...

hey! A blue car!

what was I saying? oh yeah... I might be a midwestern simpleton who just fell off the turnip truck; but I'm already enjoying the PT universe... did a quick sign in this morning to find my F2P/pack only/no AH purchase team sitting atop their division at 17-9 (haven't bothered to look at all the other lineups much to see if there are any big boys in my league).... while my old timey/F2P/pack+AH team sits in 3rd place in their division hovering around .500... plenty of improvement to do on both, but it's a marathon, not a sprint.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:44 AM   #78
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Restricting the level of cards one can use (to even less than what is in the starter packs, except for the perfect and diamond) is indeed somewhere between absurd and laughable.
It was an example. But they can change starter packs also.

Quote:
It gives no incentive to people to spend even $5. Even $20 might not give you a diamond. By contrast, the guy that is dumb-lucky enough to pull two diamonds from his 1,000 PP gets needlessly screwed and pissed off.
Its a progressive system, instead of buying 200 packs day 1 you could buy when your roster has spots available.

Players below diamond would be more desired.

And with time eventually you could form a perfect team.

Quote:
Terrible suggestion, like all the suggestions from the free-to-play crowd.
Forming the perfect team over time doesnt sound terrible to me, but to each their own.

Quote:
We are all here because we love OOTP/PT and have fun with it. But you are right, everybody think they can be first, and thats not a bad thing, is the fuel of this kind of games.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:10 PM   #79
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
It was an example. But they can change starter packs also.

Its a progressive system, instead of buying 200 packs day 1 you could buy when your roster has spots available.

Players below diamond would be more desired.

And with time eventually you could form a perfect team.

Forming the perfect team over time doesnt sound terrible to me, but to each their own.

We are all here because we love OOTP/PT and have fun with it. But you are right, everybody think they can be first, and thats not a bad thing, is the fuel of this kind of games.
Your idea is just another FTP scheme but you are calling it something else with set limits trying to get around Markus saying that kind of league will never happen. The people paying are supporting your playing. What is so hard to understand about that? You can play with your limit self imposed upon yourself as you desire. Most people that have paid for PP also have a FTP team and are doing comparatively well when looked at next to the people that want a diamond perfect team just handed to them or to block someone else from having the team that that person wants. Life is not fair as someone has already said.Try playing and achieving levels at your own pace and stop worrying about the Jones family next door. Everybody does not get a trophy in PT.

It is just a game. Have fun your way and let everybody else have fun their way.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #80
Maddox
All Star Reserve

So, I don't want my thread merged with the Competitive balance thread so can we go back into discussing our seasons.

I think I finally got my weird pitching issue resolved, but I guess I will find out for sure after work.

I managed to go 15-10 yesterday despite the game forcing Martinez to continually pitch on two days rest and with some of my bigger hitters under performing. I know Mark Grace can hit above his weight.

I'll be looking mainly for pitching upgrades during the season.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote