Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #1
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Returning To The Game (Few Questions)

Hey guys, I am getting back into the game again after a long while. I currently have a license for TBCB 2.5 and have a few questions.

1. Are TBCB 2013 and TBCB 3 the exact same thing? If so, do I need to buy the game separate again or can I just download the newer version somewhere? If so, can someone provide a link of where I can do that and how to do that?

2. I remember all the real fighters came from boxing rec files. I forgot how to get those files. Could somebody link me to the most up to date real world data files and how to install them?

3. My biggest issue with updating real fighters was that a lot of old fighters were defaulted to their prime rather than end of career. Is there a way to prevent this from happening when I upload the real world fighters again?

Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate any help. Thank you!
Tim28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Sorry for the double post. After reading a few threads, I am going to stick with 2.5 for now.

I was able to get all the real fighters into my new universe, but I am having trouble importing their most up to date record. My previous 2011 and 2015 file imports work fine, however when I try to import from 2017 every fighters record stays at 0-0. I am following the steps from the boxrec import utility:

1. Select all fighters
2. Export select file > automatically defaults to exchange folder
3. Go to boxrec import utiltiy
4. Import year: 2017, first section is where I exported the files to (exchange folder), the second section is where I will save the files to (random folder on desktop)
5. Import files from random folder (records remain the same)

I am using version 2.5.27 with data pool from original config file ootpdevelopments.com not titleboutboxing.com

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Last edited by Tim28; 09-21-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Anybody?

Old 09-21-2017, 11:06 PM   #4
pilight
All Star Starter

There have been some issues with 2.5 updating
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #5
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilight View Post
There have been some issues with 2.5 updating
Yea I was reading through a bunch of threads and saw that the new pool cannot be updated so I stuck with the old pool data from 2015.

Any other way to get real records in the game since the boxrec utility tool isn't working?
Old 09-22-2017, 09:11 AM   #6
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim28 View Post
Yea I was reading through a bunch of threads and saw that the new pool cannot be updated so I stuck with the old pool data from 2015.

Any other way to get real records in the game since the boxrec utility tool isn't working?
I go here & do it manually:

http://www.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-b...a?view,changes
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:42 AM   #7
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

So if every fighter had a 0-0 records you edit every fighter record manually in game? That's gotta be rough.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #8
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

So if every fighter had a 0-0 records you edit every fighter record manually in game? That's gotta be rough.
You bet, always glad to see more new people interested in this sim/sport.

Yes I know what you mean but I just update my fighters on a weekly basis. My desktop version of the game stopped working earlier this year - after only 4 years. The computer itself still works fine but not the game any more - won't let me sim fights.

So as I sim fights on a weekly basis, I update those fighters with my old stats on my new laptop. A slow process but by the end of the year, should be about done.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #9
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
You bet, always glad to see more new people interested in this sim/sport.

Yes I know what you mean but I just update my fighters on a weekly basis. My desktop version of the game stopped working earlier this year - after only 4 years. The computer itself still works fine but not the game any more - won't let me sim fights.

So as I sim fights on a weekly basis, I update those fighters with my old stats on my new laptop. A slow process but by the end of the year, should be about done.
Yea I had all the boxrec mod files from when I signed up in 2011 and once again in 2015, but I was getting back into the game again and the boxrec utility crapped the bed it seems. I guess I can just use the last 2015 boxrec files I have and update the fighters I need to.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #10
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yea I had all the boxrec mod files from when I signed up in 2011 and once again in 2015, but I was getting back into the game again and the boxrec utility crapped the bed it seems. I guess I can just use the last 2015 boxrec files I have and update the fighters I need to.
Yep, sounds like a plan. At 1st it seemed daunting but slowly but surely I'm updating fighters with their records in the new laptop.

I really enjoy all the work guys here do when they post or update fighters. With that link I posted, you never know when Ice Tea goes on some new ratings rampage, he did one @ CW earlier this year & it was great!
Old 09-22-2017, 04:08 PM   #11
pilight
All Star Starter

Boxrec changed formats back in August, requiring a change in the External Data Link. It should be http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/$$ID$$ instead of http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=$$ID$$&cat=boxer
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #12
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yep, sounds like a plan. At 1st it seemed daunting but slowly but surely I'm updating fighters with their records in the new laptop.

I really enjoy all the work guys here do when they post or update fighters. With that link I posted, you never know when Ice Tea goes on some new ratings rampage, he did one @ CW earlier this year & it was great!
Yes Ice Tea does great work. Definitely going to import a bunch of stuff from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilight View Post
Boxrec changed formats back in August, requiring a change in the External Data Link. It should be http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/$$ID$$ instead of http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=$$ID$$&cat=boxer
I actually saw this on the PISD forums and figured it would work, but still no luck. I just assumed it was the link from biography that opens externally to boxrec profiles.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #13
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Hey another quick question. Is it possible to mass select a group of fighters?

Let's say for example I am looking at all fighters and I want to select and delete all fighters born from 1975-1980. Is there a way to do this? I have been clicking each fighter individually and then mass deleting them. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #14
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim28 View Post
hey guys, i am getting back into the game again after a long while. I currently have a license for tbcb 2.5 and have a few questions.

1. Are tbcb 2013 and tbcb 3 the exact same thing? If so, do i need to buy the game separate again or can i just download the newer version somewhere? If so, can someone provide a link of where i can do that and how to do that?

A in way yes and in a way no. The no part comes from career mode (it is coming just be patient) 3 is a bit more polished and easier to sort out things plus another no comes from the tournaments no draws (yes that's a good thing) 3 is still in testing phase trying to get it out by end of year last i heard.

2. I remember all the real fighters came from boxing rec files. I forgot how to get those files. Could somebody link me to the most up to date real world data files and how to install them?

Members here (lee and cap mainly (oops sorry Ice Tea) and a few others) do have updates on their own and post them in another topic (easy to find just can't think of the name)

3. My biggest issue with updating real fighters was that a lot of old fighters were defaulted to their prime rather than end of career. Is there a way to prevent this from happening when i upload the real world fighters again?

3 yes turn off auto aging but rereading the post i cannot recall ever having that problem.

Sorry for all the questions and i appreciate any help. Thank you!
keep asking!!!!

Last edited by zyberianwarrior; 09-25-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: forgot to mention Ice Tea
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #15
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hey another quick question. Is it possible to mass select a group of fighters?

Let's say for example I am looking at all fighters and I want to select and delete all fighters born from 1975-1980. Is there a way to do this? I have been clicking each fighter individually and then mass deleting them. Thanks.
I am not 100% sure let me look into t and get back to you later in week
Old 09-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #16
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
I am not 100% sure let me look into t and get back to you later in week
Thank you for your responses.

Having to click each fighter by year and then mass retiring them is exhausting.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:08 PM   #17
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

you should see the work we put into our unis if you want to talk about exhausting
Old 09-29-2017, 09:43 AM   #18
Tim28
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
you should see the work we put into our unis if you want to talk about exhausting
Trust me I get it now. Having to edit everything manually! I appreciate the work a lot of guys put in to mods and edits.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #19
bear
Global Moderator

bump

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote