Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #1
Joe Siegler
Bat Boy

Thumbs up OK, took the plunge

First time OOTP buyer. Saw the pre-order sale, then did a bunch of reading around this afternoon. Decided to take the plunge.

Long time BBM player - I know that well, and was looking for something different, as my last few versions with that one felt static, like I was paying for roster updates.

Anyway, looking forward to next month. Probably will try a trial of 16 for a short time to dip my toes in the water so to speak.

Last edited by Joe Siegler; 02-20-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Fix Grammar
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:28 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Joe! You will not be disappointed. Good idea to test out the demo for 16...get the lay of the land in a manner of speaking
Old 02-20-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
Joe Siegler
Bat Boy

Tkx! I'm pleased it has both Mac & PC versions. While I'm mostly on OS X, I do some stuff on Windows from time to time, so it's nice to have it there, too.

Don't suppose the two work with each other, eh? I'd guess not, but it'd be nice to have the same version installed on OSX/Win and have the save game work between the two.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #4
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe siegler View Post
first time ootp buyer. Saw the pre-order sale, then did a bunch of reading around this afternoon. Decided to take the plunge.

Long time bbm player - i know that well, and was looking for something different, as my last few run throughs with that one felt static, like i was paying for roster updates.

Anyway, looking forward to next month. Probably will try a trial of 16 for a short time to dip my toes in the water so to speak.
I also started with BBM. I switched in 2008.

Name:  meow.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  78.3 KB

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 02-20-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:52 PM   #5
Joe Siegler
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Good idea to test out the demo for 16...get the lay of the land in a manner of speaking
Just occurred to me, I don't own that. The 17 key won't work backwards, will it? Can I use my key for 17 to play around with 16?
Old 02-20-2016, 07:00 PM   #6
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Just occurred to me, I don't own that. The 17 key won't work backwards, will it? Can I use my key for 17 to play around with 16?
No, it won't work that way. If you have the cash go ahead and get 16. If not, then try the free demo (if there is still such a thing). If there's no demo I always broadcast live on Steam.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:09 PM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Hope you like the game

By the way, I'm pretty sure that your save game will work on mac or windows. At least, I know people send me their league files from macs and I can always run them no problem on my windows machine.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:09 PM   #8
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Tkx! I'm pleased it has both Mac & PC versions. While I'm mostly on OS X, I do some stuff on Windows from time to time, so it's nice to have it there, too.

Don't suppose the two work with each other, eh? I'd guess not, but it'd be nice to have the same version installed on OSX/Win and have the save game work between the two.
They are actually interchangeable. You can copy the save game back and forth and use on each. The files are kinda big sometimes, but it can be done. I believe you can also use the same license for either Mac or PC also.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #9
Joe Siegler
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
By the way, I'm pretty sure that your save game will work on mac or windows. At least, I know people send me their league files from macs and I can always run them no problem on my windows machine.
It would be nice if the game could deal with that itself on the cloud. But that requires infrastructure, and probably isn't something you can deal with - just a theory.

Or.. Can I set my save game directory to something custom, like Google Drive? That way I can just have Google do that lifting for me, especially if I load/save directly to GDrive.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #10
cookieeater45
Bat Boy

Welcome Joe! I also started with BBM (this summer), switched to OOTP toward the end of summer (I just set up my forum account yesterday however). OOTP will not disappoint - the best $40 I have spent in a long time.
cookieeater45 is offline   Reply With Quote