Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 10-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #21
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

These last two would be nice ...
Old 10-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #22
xepicx2729
Major Leagues

Fictional league stat generation and National Teams.

Last edited by xepicx2729; 10-13-2014 at 11:38 PM.
xepicx2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #23
IAmC
Major Leagues

A nice-to-have would be some way of accessing the "records" that the program is already keeping track of. For example, I just had my starting pitcher throw a complete game in which he struck out 15 (Mark Eichhorn, believe it or not). I had no clue what my team's strikeout record was until he tied (and then broke) it. And, after my memory fades, I won't have a clue again. And I still have no way of knowing what the league record for strikeouts in a game is.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #24
wodi
All Star Reserve

In the other thread "Historical Replay" I have touched upon, extensively, my feeling on the only change that NEEDS to be added, and that is a minor league development system modeled after the one in PureSim.

Another change that maybe is more realistic for 2015....

- either have the top Free Agents demand higher salaries, or have them refuse to play for certain teams (presumably based on how good those teams are). If I have the money free, I never have an issue getting any Free Agent I want no matter what team I am or how good my team is.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:54 AM   #25
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Career leaderboards, shop players, commish mode, trade draft picks, add cash to trade

I don't like how I have a 5 star MR in the minors and when I auto fix team , it keeps them in the minors and leaves the half star on the active.

Oh, I liked the situational stats like in ootp. Like you could see the month by month, batting during each count, ahead/behind in count, better splits, vs team. Etc

Last edited by acclaim99; 10-26-2014 at 04:57 AM.
acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #26
Walkoffman
Minors (Single A)

My Q & D list:

1. Rearrange buttons to avoid mistake taps, like "intentional walk" instead of "throw to first," or "finish week" or "finish today" instead of "play [team]."

2. Allow "Go back" and edit during game initial setup.

3. Expand editable fields, for example injury history, manager names.

4. League expansion/expansion draft for historical replay and fictional play.

5. Use the mail & news (optional) to sprinkle in tips on playing the game: for example, "resetting your offered player's position (for example MR to SP) sometimes makes a team more receptive to a trade."
Walkoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #27
McGuiser
Major Leagues

When we are selecting a reliever, let us see his rested/tired percentage.

A player's nationality need only be on the roster default view or (better) just on the individual's overview page.
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:28 PM   #28
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuiser View Post
When we are selecting a reliever, let us see his rested/tired percentage.

A player's nationality need only be on the roster default view or (better) just on the individual's overview page.
If access to a player's entire player info were accessible within a game in the same way as outside of a game, this problem (and more!) would be taken care of.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:12 PM   #29
pb4201
Bat Boy

iCloud supoort please!!!!!!
pb4201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #30
ms2002
All Star Starter

My wish-list would be similar to last year (my fingers are still crossed for the Android version..):
  • Add simple filters: Right now, it's too hard to search for a type of player. If you're looking for a left-handed reliever with great stuff, it's not that easy. Want to seek out a young catcher with great defensive skills? It requires lots of searching. It would be great if we could at least add Batter/Pitcher Handedness and Age as filter options, that would be a huge step forward. Also, please make it possible to switch views (i.e. Batting 1 to Batting 2) without losing the current display of players. For example, if you sort a list of catchers by age and then switch the view to Position skills, the list will re-sort. This would be a HUGE tweak.
  • Add a pending contract offers screen: There's no way to currently track contract offers. To go along with this, there should also be the ability to pull back an offer made.
  • Remove type A & B draft pick compensation and add the qualifying offer: Or at least add the option. The qualifying offer could simply be an option on the player's negotiation screen.
  • WAR, please! This can be a simplified version, but would be a huge addition.
  • Add 'Team Focus' to team list on trading screen: When selecting a team to trade with, it would be very helpful if we could see which teams are in 'Win Now' or 'Rebuilding' modes like we can in the desktop version.
  • Add support for international leagues: Can we choose the nation of the teams and players in our fictional leagues? I believe all of the data should be already there anyway.
  • Player development emails Can we receive player development emails for our team just like in the desktop version? This would be even more important for iOOTP since it's currently very hard to monitor/evaluate minor league players.
  • Add projected level for prospects Without minor leagues, it would be helpful to have a simple "Projected Level" on the Popularity/Morale page for prospects only. For example, this would say "Ready for MLB, AAA, AA, A, etc." just to give a sense of where the prospect is in their development. It could say "N/A" for any non-prospects.
  • Storylines Would this be too much for mobile devices to support?
  • Historical Leagues-Automatically add rookies to appropriate teams: I like that rookies are now added to the draft class, but I'd like to see the option to auto-assign rookies to the real-life teams.
  • Minor league free agents Currently it's too easy to stock-pile mediocre players in the minor leagues. All players should become eligible for free agency.

Last edited by ms2002; 11-02-2014 at 09:56 AM.
ms2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #31
Garrett67
Minors (Triple A)

The ability to sim to any date , or at least a full season.
Garrett67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #32
BradC
All Star Starter

Unfortunately, that won't happen because the save files are too large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4201 View Post
iCloud supoort please!!!!!!
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #33
IAmC
Major Leagues

I recently had a problem with a corrupted save file (did a manual save and went to put the iPhone down ... I hit the sleep button and it never completed the save). Luckily, I had a backed-up save file that I restored. It was about two or three seasons older than the lost one.

So, I started playing the restored file. I found it surprisingly enjoyable seeing the similarities and the differences between my fading memory of the old seasons that were never to be and the experiences of the new seasons.

So, how about adding a save game feature that would allow you to save one (or more) backup copies (locally, not in iCloud) that you could get back to later if you wanted? The game could tell the user about how much room it would take, so that they could make an informed decision about whether to do it or not.

Last edited by IAmC; 11-08-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: added clarification about location
Old 11-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #34
JoseB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've been suggesting this for two years now: when moving players between the Majors/Minors, if the major league roster is full, then it should just offer to choose a player to automatically demote.

Getting a "roster is full" message is annoying, just give me an option to swap players between Majors/Minors automatically. .
JoseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #35
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseB View Post
if the major league roster is full, then it should just offer to choose a player to automatically demote.

Getting a "roster is full" message is annoying, just give me an option to swap players between Majors/Minors automatically. .
I think that it would be adequate to, instead of the Roster Is Full message, simply go to the Major League roster so that we can manually choose someone. If we back out, the move is cancelled. If we demote someone, the Minor Leaguer is promoted.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #36
wodi
All Star Reserve

There are a ton of players that never make it and just sit in teams minor leagues.

Once a guy hits say 30 and he has never played in the majors, he should be removed from the game.

Would save space
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #37
daves
Hall Of Famer

I like to shop players around and adjust the AI to very easy.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #38
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The ability to trade draft picks

The ability to shop a player, you can add a player to the 'Do not want' list, but the AI very rarely ever approaches me about that player.

Random debut would be awesome if you own the season pack. I don't play Historical very often, but the times I do play it, it is usually with random debut.

League modifiers would be nice even if they are in simple form. I would like to have a fictional league use different league totals without having to choose a historical year. Even if there was an option like OOTP 6 where you have 'deadball' 'modern' 'Golden Era' etc.

Being able to view the minors and your ML roster on the same screen. This might be iPad only. But I hate having to go back out to the menu and then into my other roster. Or maybe just a button inside both roster screens to go to your other roster?

Last edited by rudel.dietrich; 11-22-2014 at 09:45 PM.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #39
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Maybe if we can't have full minor leagues, what about full minor league rosters? And then have little sections on the minors page that says what level they are at (A, AA, AAA, etc.) you wouldn't need to put teams in, just levels, and then you could have the green arrow system to show you when to promote them. You could also add a red arrow feature to show that they need to be demoted for development reasons. You wouldn't need stats either, just the arrows. I just think that this would be better for memory reasons than having full minors stats and stuff like that. By the full rosters, I mean every player in every orginization, that may take up a lot of memory but I'm not sure. Please let me know if this is possible and if it's a good idea...
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #40
IAmC
Major Leagues

I know that this has been mentioned in other threads (and possibly this one) but just to reiterate:

When simming historical leagues, have the option of having real-life historical changes take place at the appropriate time. Don't FORCE this, as I definitely wouldn't want my 1972 Montreal Expos team to suddenly forcibly move to another country in 2005. But I'd like the option.

This would apply to, at the very least:
  • expansion/contraction (contraction only seems relevant before 1900)
  • franchise moves
  • DH
  • division realignment
  • playoffs/wild-cards
  • lengths of playoff series
  • free agency
  • free agent compensation
  • arbitration (I assume this changed historically, anyway)
Although it would be nice to have a League Editor that would allow changes on an existing league, a simple checkbox upon setting up the league ("Allow historical league changes") would be a good start.