Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 08-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
FHMCanuck
Bat Boy

Multi-Player Options - Online or Local

Will this game have a local or online multi-player capabilities? I've been playing around with the Beta version for a while and trying to keep track of things on the forum, but I haven't really seen or heard any updates relating to this topic. We have good group in our area that is looking for this option; for many it will ultimately determine whether or not they buy the game. We have been playing in a local Eastside league for several years now and its a blast. It would be a shame to lose this aspect of the game.

If multiplayer options will be part of the game, I have three very important recommendations:

1. Trades shouldn't go through right away: By placing an offer and waiting a few days to hear whether or not the team accepts it allows other human players to make an offer for the same player(s). Otherwise it becomes a first come first serve game (i.e. first one to sit down at the computer), which isn't at all like real life. Please note that we don't want a news item stating that "x" team has made an offer for "y" and "z" players, just some time for human players to notice the same opportunities.
  2. Player signings shouldn't be accepted instantaneously: Same reason as above.
  3. Coach signings shouldn't be accepted instantaneously: Same reason as above.
I'd be interested to get the opinions of others.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHMCanuck View Post
Will this game have a local or online multi-player capabilities?
From JeffR's July 13th "State of EHM" post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
online play is going to be added after release - it'll be the first priority, aside from any serious bug-fixing in the release version, after the game is officially out. That'll likely mean it'll arrive in October

You might want to look at OOTP online play for some insight into FHM online play, as my understanding they will be similar.

My understanding is OOTP is not like EHM, where GMs can log in at the same time and make moves in a game running online (and players can play against each other online), and sims are usually done on a daily basis.

OOTP online play seems to be like the old freeware EHM, where the game is essentially "frozen" online and players send in all their changes to a commissioner who inputs them and sims the game offline and then uploads the results for other players to see (and it seems sims are done maybe once a week).

Also, my understanding is there are no limits to number of GMs in an OOTP online game!