Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Nino33
Major Leagues

player aged 6707

A user on TBL was playing the FHM beta and received the message "please check your PMs!" and when he did it showed the game had initiated a trade on its own...playing the historical game in 1994, the Detroit Red Wings had offered 21 year-old Defenseman Jamie Pushor for 6707 year-old Defenseman Jim Unknown Funny bug ? EHM The Blue Line

Jim Unknown shows as being born in 4713BC! He is a "Living Legend" with no height/weight!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
A user on TBL was playing the FHM beta and received the message "please check your PMs!" and when he did it showed the game had initiated a trade on its own...playing the historical game in 1994, the Detroit Red Wings had offered 21 year-old Defenseman Jamie Pushor for 6707 year-old Defenseman Jim Unknown Funny bug ? EHM The Blue Line

Jim Unknown shows as being born in 4713BC! He is a "Living Legend" with no height/weight!
haha Hey Nino, I posted the same stuff in the thread below, just FYI.

I couldn't believe how funny that bug was. A good bit of humor with simulation is never bad.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Strange, the 'Jim Unknown' name only normally comes up when a player gets a name that's not on the game's name lists, and that should be impossible now. The historical game was doing some weird things with generating players because rosters weren't filling properly due to broken contract rules, so this may be a byproduct of that, in which case it won't happen after the next update. I'll keep an eye out for it, though.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #4
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Strange, the 'Jim Unknown' name only normally comes up when a player gets a name that's not on the game's name lists, and that should be impossible now. The historical game was doing some weird things with generating players because rosters weren't filling properly due to broken contract rules, so this may be a byproduct of that, in which case it won't happen after the next update. I'll keep an eye out for it, though.
Awesome.

I'm not sure if it was just my imagination, but the game I was playing also *seemed* to have some bad after-effects of offering a contract to a player who was retiring.

Curiosity will be the end of me, one day.