Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
Hibber
Minors (Rookie Ball)

League Setup

I've never played OOTP before and I want to setup a universe in 2006 that mirrors Major League Baseball. Understand how to setup the MLB teams and playoff system. However I have no idea how each level of minors playoffs are set. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Hibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
Twelvefield
All Star Starter

The minor system is re-vamped, so I don't think anyone outside of the development team can give you a definite answer at this point. Usually, the default league that comes with the game is set up to closely resemble MLB, so I think it's a safe bet that the minors will be already set up to be like real-world baseball, as far as the scheduling system will allow.
Twelvefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
Hibber
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvefield
, the default league that comes with the game is set up to closely resemble MLB, so I think it's a safe bet that the minors will be already set up to be like real-world baseball, as far as the scheduling system will allow.
Thanks, that's reassuring. I was getting worried that I may bite off more than I can chew.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #4
Twelvefield
All Star Starter

If you're serious about getting started, you should plan on gearing up a couple of "tester" leagues, where you run it just long enough to see that things are going the way that you want them. That way, you're not going to take in too much at once.

Of course, that's about the exact opposite of what I did. I fell in love with my first league and ran it into the very ground because I mis-set some of the financials. It was still a lot of fun, and that's the really great thing about the OOTPB games -- even if you're doing things all "wrong", it's incredibly enjoyable.

So, I guess there's another piece of common advice: you don't have to worry about doing the "right" thing all of the time: OOTPB is extremely open-ended in its gameplay, and is also largely forgiving of rookie mistakes. Get in there and have fun!

Of course, you should probably read the 200-page manual before you try that.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #5
Hibber
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably try out a couple of "dummy" leagues to make sure everything works out.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:42 AM   #6
Mariners
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvefield
If you're serious about getting started, you should plan on gearing up a couple of "tester" leagues, where you run it just long enough to see that things are going the way that you want them. That way, you're not going to take in too much at once.

Of course, that's about the exact opposite of what I did. I fell in love with my first league and ran it into the very ground because I mis-set some of the financials. It was still a lot of fun, and that's the really great thing about the OOTPB games -- even if you're doing things all "wrong", it's incredibly enjoyable.

So, I guess there's another piece of common advice: you don't have to worry about doing the "right" thing all of the time: OOTPB is extremely open-ended in its gameplay, and is also largely forgiving of rookie mistakes. Get in there and have fun!

Of course, you should probably read the 200-page manual before you try that.
Is this manual available online?
Mariners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #7
jm47048
All Star Starter

I am sure that there will be talent settings for base creation of players. After that...
jm47048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
merlin
Minors (Single A)

Talking test run

running test run league is always the best when you don't have the experience to do so, you can se the problem before and can ask for help on this subject
i see this board is very helpfull for any question about anything you have a problem this board has a solution.

Merlin
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #9
Twelvefield
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariners
Is this manual available online?
It isn't yet, but Duffy promises that there will be on-line manual content as a supplement to the manual that comes with the game. All will made be clearer on release date at the end of this month.