Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #321
ThatComona
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
You're about to get your shot at revenge. I tried! Won Game 6 in 19 innings and then lost by a single run in Game 7. Take him down in the WS!

However, I'm going to say we played Game 7 under protest, because apparently the officiating was monumentally terrible:
Dammnn, that sucks! To think I could've been playing you if not for some ejections! I want to avenge you so badly! Gonna need a baseball spirit bomb to do it, but I believe in it with two teams to fight for!

Also I know I've said this already but if we don't all end up in the same league again we all need to keep each other updated on our leagues in the next season! <3
ThatComona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #322
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
The 130-win moloch in my division got bopped in four in the LDS, so that gave me a cosy feeling.

That guy is turning into a bit of a monster killer. He took down a 102-60 team in the next round and is currently 3-1 up against a 135-27 team.

All with 3x Diamonds, 12x Golds, 7x Silvers, and 3x Bronzes. Still a good team but barely compares to the 8x Perfects, 13x Diamonds, 4x Golds team he's beating right now.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #323
Morug
Major Leagues

Singapore Sluggers, two season in row I"m in the same league of him, and near a second title in two season..pretty good team...and My Ny had many more big teams of the previous bronze league.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:04 PM   #324
ThatComona
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatComona View Post
Dammnn, that sucks! To think I could've been playing you if not for some ejections! I want to avenge you so badly! Gonna need a baseball spirit bomb to do it, but I believe in it with two teams to fight for!

Also I know I've said this already but if we don't all end up in the same league again we all need to keep each other updated on our leagues in the next season! <3
Well, that didn't go well. Swept in the World Series is a big oof LOL

Last edited by ThatComona; 12-17-2018 at 12:08 AM.
ThatComona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:33 AM   #325
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
That guy is turning into a bit of a monster killer. He took down a 102-60 team in the next round and is currently 3-1 up against a 135-27 team.

All with 3x Diamonds, 12x Golds, 7x Silvers, and 3x Bronzes. Still a good team but barely compares to the 8x Perfects, 13x Diamonds, 4x Golds team he's beating right now.
And he still lost in seven.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:34 AM   #326
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
We'll be back next year. It was a nail biter, going down to the final game.

Not sure how I'm going to upgrade a whole lot from the team I have right now. I don't have a lot of maneuver room, given the self restrictions I placed on myself.

The one that hampers me the most (aside from the high defense + good baserunning ability) is my "no jerks" rule.

That means I won't add anyone to my roster that I have no respect for, whether it because of their personality, perceived lack of sportsmanship, or breaking of the *cough* steroids *cough* rules.
Ah, this gives me hope of surpassing you some day.
If I was a real life team owner, I would 100% follow your "no jerks" rule. But to me this game is just an extremely fun math/probability problem and the players are just sophisticated "dice", creating the challenge of figuring out which ones roll best.

Who am I kidding? I hate the Dodgers and will probably only play ones on my team who played before the 70's or also played for the Angels.

You knocked my "unrestricted" team out twice now. But if I have to lose, I guess Walnut Creek is as good a way to go as any. In the 80's I knew a great baseball fan from there, and he'd've been proud of your guys.

My "restricted" team (former Angels and American-born players) won the WS in 2019 and this postseason was 10-1 with a 3-0 lead in the WS before dropping 4 straight. I guess that wasn't enough restriction... I was assuming historical players would be rare, rather than the norm for good teams. I'm moving towards just Angels, but don't want to make the team worse since it's outperforming my "top" team (albeit in leagues that were much less competitive.)

My "free-to-play" team made a Bronze Wild Card game this time and will move to Silver. Interesting to see that it's possible to do OK without buying points, and I learn managing skills that I can apply to my better team.

Last edited by 2002halos; 12-17-2018 at 12:38 AM.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:35 AM   #327
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Thalion, I enjoyed the Division competition all season and we played a heck of a 5 game series in the Division Round. Your team is a tough draw to compete with every season, I love it. Tip of the cap to the Walnut Creek Geezers.
Seconded. That's twice in two seasons they knocked me out of the postseason.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:05 AM   #328
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Lost in 7 games in the league finals. Lost by 1 run.

My heart is so broken.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:22 AM   #329
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
And he still lost in seven.

Took a Mike Trout walk-off home run in the 10th to do it though. Hard luck to the Stoic Frogs! They're my heroes!
Old 12-17-2018, 04:26 AM   #330
CFraychineaud
Minors (Rookie Ball)

was a damn close series. had me freaked out being down 3-1 before the come back. that guy was a beast.
CFraychineaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #331
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

What a disappointing finish for my Willsboro Warriors. In sole possession of 1st Place from game 1 to game 161, only to end up tied on game 162. Ended up losing game 163, pushing the team into the wild card game instead. Ended up losing that one, too. Ouch.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #332
vyshka
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Good luck with it. You should be able to get a pretty goody movement /control with a little stuff starter for him
Ended up with Roy Oswalt, and a diamond Pedro Martinez '97 all-star.

Last edited by vyshka; 12-17-2018 at 03:21 PM.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #333
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatComona View Post
Well, that didn't go well. Swept in the World Series is a big oof LOL
D'oh...that sucks! 3 of the final 4 were on this forum and we still lost

I take consolation in receiving way more PP from losing last week than I did for winning in silver. Corbin won me the Cy Young AND MVP, that was pretty sweet. And 2,000 points for season score is nothing to sneeze at. Currently sitting on almost 10k points and trying to decide what to upgrade next...
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote