Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Can someone sim a full season and post results

I'm on the fence of buying the game for a majority of reasons but mostly i'm wondering how accurate the sim engine is to real life. Can someone sim a season in unemployed sim the season and post the end of the regular season results?

The stats i'm mostly looking for are, Goals, assists, points, ice time, and for goalies, games started, GAA, SV% and shutouts and any other stats someone might want to share. Thanks.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

I just ran a sim, here are the results: https://imgur.com/a/KKVbMuC

Goalie save percentages are still out of whack.

The first image showing scoring over time is from another sim I ran earlier today. Figured I'd add it to show scoring creeping up over time. The highest single season point total in that sim was 121 (Ovechkin, 2018-19). Crosby peaked at 112 in 18-19 and McDavid peaked at 115 in 19-20.

Last edited by skunt3m; 10-05-2018 at 03:37 PM.
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

I'm assuming you mean league leaders? The stats beside each player (---) are the league leaders from the 17-18 season.

Goals:
CHI Patrick Kane (47) --- Ovechkin (49)
VGK William Karlsson (45) --- Laine (44)
STL Vladimir Tarasenko (44) --- Karlsson (43)

Assists
COL Nathan MacKinnon (64) --- Giroux (68)
NJD Nico Hischier (61) --- Wheeler (68)
CGY Johnny Gaudreau (59) --- McDavid (67)

BOS Brad Marchand (99) --- Giroux (102)
NSH Filip Forsberg (97) --- Kucherov (100)

Games Played
LAK Jonathan Quick (74)
WPG Connor Hellebuyck (73)
PIT Matt Murray (73)

Save Percentage
CAR Petr Mrazek (.917) --- Hutton (.931)
NJD Cory Schneider (.914) --- Raanta (.930)
LAK Jonathan Quick (.913) --- Luongo (.929)

Shutouts
WSH Brian Holtby (9) --- Vasilevskiy (8)
PIT Matt Murray (9) --- Rinne (8)
LAK Jonathan Quick (8) --- Hellebuyck (8)

Goals Against Average
CAR Petr Mrazek (2.24)--- Hutton (2.09)
LAK Jonathan Quick (2.31) --- Raanta (2.24)
STL Chad Johnson (2.40) --- Fleury (2.24)

Playoffs
Eastern Conference Final: Capitals vs Penguins
Western Conference Final: Blues vs Wild
Stanley Cup Finals: Wild vs Penguins, Wild win the Cup 4-2

Some notes:
Arizona and Carolina both made the playoffs. The Hurricanes finished first in the league with 108 points. Not going to happen this season.
McDavid only had 84 points in 79 games played. Also not going to happen this season.
The Islanders traded Oliver Wahlstrom and a 7th round pick to the Flames for Brodie and Hathaway.

Besides that one trade, and the fact the Flames made a lot more trades than the rest of the league, the trading engine looks much improved - no heavily lopsided trades. Besides a low point total for McDavid the overall player stats look as what you can expect heading into the season - nobody who shouldn't be in the top 30 for points is there. Sh% is the only noticeable difference.

Last edited by omjo; 10-05-2018 at 03:39 PM.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:43 PM   #4
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thank you i appreciate that. Why is scoring do damn high i wonder. The way the scoring sky rockets after the first season isn't realistic at all. Also some things to note from your sim, goalie stats are out of wack minus shutouts. Also goalies appear to start way too many games. That needs to be fixed.

Last edited by krownroyal83; 10-05-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #5
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

For the goalie stats (besides Sv%), I don't think we should be expecting them to be identical. Remember, I'm comparing this season's projected stats to last season actual stats in the NHL. The top 3 GAA goalies from NHL.com don't take into consideration GP. Of goaltenders who played 50+ games last season, the top 3 GAA are Rinne (2.31), Hellebuyck and Raask (2.36 each).

The high games played is probably due to injuries and how the AI handles goaltenders.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

The average GP by the goalie GP leader over the last 10 years, not counting the lockout season, is 72.3.

The save percentage is something we're continuing to work on, it's been improving throughout testing. The main issue seems to be longer-range shots, from the faceoff circles and back. We've been slowly adjusting the factors that contribute to that, but there are complex combinations of factors (player ratings, the engine's shot mechanics, on-ice player locations, tactics, etc.) that have to be considered, so it's not just a case of being able to turn one number down and immediately get the results we want without disrupting other areas.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:20 PM   #7
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I hope there is a way to control the scoring level because i don't want to see 10 players a year score 100 points and have players scoring 130 points, this isn't the 80's. I know there is a setting to do so but it defeats the purpose if the point totals are off the charts despite having the goal per game average to modern day totals.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #8
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

I ran another and got results more in line with omjo's sim. Overall goals per game were about the same as the first time (6.10 vs 6.05) but the league leaders look more reasonable. Crosby got injured this time (28 points in 27 games).

https://imgur.com/a/zqPHJDR
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #9
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunt3m View Post
I ran another and got results more in line with omjo's sim. Overall goals per game were about the same as the first time (6.10 vs 6.05) but the league leaders look more reasonable. Crosby got injured this time (28 points in 27 games).

https://imgur.com/a/zqPHJDR
That's great but it's a problem if the scoring continues to rise every season like i've seen in the sim you posted earlier.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #10
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Testing fictional mode, scoring after the first few seasons actually drops down to the 5.2-5.4 range, which I consider a bit too low.

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

My experience from many long-term simulations is that after a few years it will trend back to about 6.00 in the standard game.