Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Contract bug

First of all, I'm loving the historical league feature! Played from 1991 to the start of the 1994-95 season so far, great, great stuff!

I have encountered a few things worth mentioning.

- First and foremost, I've found a constant crash. I'm not sure if it only occurs in the historical feature alone, but when I click on a player's contract, the game crashes. Every time.

- The 1 second penalty bug occurs FAR less often than previous builds, but it is still there. Every once in a blue moon I'll be stuck with 4 players for a whole period off of one penalty

- Trading engine is wacky. Offer something that can't be refused with a clear conscious and it is rejected. I'm not liking the feedback and such. Hopefully this will be tweaked and more will be available with this.

- It seems like all CPU GMs are hell-bent on re-signing their players, and the list of available free agents for the past 4 years has been less than a handful

- I'm getting bugged text in my news feed. Says "#ERROR:TEXT_CATEGORY::get_text() didn't find a text object for category 4"

- Another strange (and somewhat funny) bug that I was able to replicate occurred (possibly after a player retired?) and the text went something like this; "Philadelphia would receive 21 year-old Defenseman Jamie Pushor and Detroit would receive 6707 year-old Defenseman Jim Unknown in return." When I went to respond (curiosity go the best of me, had a good feeling it would crash) the game crashed.

Last edited by Konstantinov; 07-31-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Well this bug reoccurs, every day I have the message pop up "Please check your PMs!" On the one hand, I'm not overly annoyed with this happening in itself. However, the fact that I can't skip ahead a week or more is making ths bug super annoying and I'm fairly certain it happened because I offered a contract to a player who was retiring.

The oddest part is, I did not offer the other team any player in return, so the trade on my end must be random.

One more screenshot, this will show you the stats of the 6707 year-old Defensemen, who was apparently born in 4713BC. His weight and height are at 0, position stats are normal. All his attributes are 0 with the odd exception of Playmaking, which is at 3. I guess when you're older than dirt, you can still get around the ice OK.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get this stupid thing to dissolve out of my newsfeed. It keeps happening. Every day. I tried waiting it out (it says I had 14 days to reject or accept the offer), but it's been going on for a month and a half. I tried trading away Jamie Pushor to another team, but even after I was able to trade him to the Ducks, this still shows up in my newsfeed.

As a last ditch effort, I'm going to try to reacquire Jamie Pushor, then trade him to Philadelphia for someone else. Guessing it won't work, but it's worth a shot.

Last edited by Konstantinov; 07-31-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Old 07-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Well I was able to finally get out of this bug. I just played day-by-day until the trade deadline (picking up Luc Robitaille from the Kings in the process) and I now no longer receive those messages.

I only hope Philly doesn't look to trade away their 6708 year-old Defensemen once trading is allowed again.