Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

First time player

Is there a guide for me to get started. I like watching the brewers and all, but I that is about it. I don't know or understand what all the different stats and such are. I don't understand this rule 5 draft thing. I am really excited to play this on my iPad, but I need some basic understanding of baseball.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavenHunting View Post
Is there a guide for me to get started. I like watching the brewers and all, but I that is about it. I don't know or understand what all the different stats and such are. I don't understand this rule 5 draft thing. I am really excited to play this on my iPad, but I need some basic understanding of baseball.
Probably the best thing to do is spend some time with Wikipedia.

FYI the basics of the rule 5 draft is when a minor league player has been in your organization for a long time he becomes eligible for the Rule V draft. This draft allows another team to draft him from your team and as long as they keep him on the Major League roster the entire year they can keep him. If the new teams doesn't do this he is returned to your team.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I think iOOTP will be perfect for you as it is a bit less complex then it´s big brother OOTP 11/12. I would suggest to read the upcoming Road to Release articles, then after release take Brewers and just start playing. Whenever you have questions, just ask here, people are very friendly and will help you out. And after you masterd iOOTP you can try out the desktop version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavenHunting View Post
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
hit_or_miss54680
Minors (Double A)

Season Ticket Baseball 2003 (AKA OOTP 4, I think) taught me SO much about baseball at the time. When I started playing it, I only had a casual passing interest in baseball. After years of playing OOTP and learning the nuances of the game, I became the biggest baseball fanatic I know. I watch every game I possibly can and I soak up every baseball article I can find.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I'm new to OOTP, and although as mentioned, iOOTP will be 'simpler', I down-
loaded the OOTP 11 demo so I could peruse the on-line manual and the cool tutorial videos to try and get a better grasp of things. (the, 'Road to Release' articles a great too)

Last edited by Donevyn; 04-14-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
I'm new to OOTP, and although as mentioned, iOOTP will be 'simpler', I down-
loaded the OOTP 11 demo so I could peruse the on-line manual and the cool tutorial videos to try and get a better grasp of things. (the, 'Road to Release' articles a great too)
Welcome to the exciting world of OOTP!

If you have any questions regarding OOTP or later iOOTP, just ask, a lot of people here are happy to help you out (even one or two developer show up from time to time ).
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
Welcome to the exciting world of OOTP!

If you have any questions regarding OOTP or later iOOTP, just ask, a lot of people here are happy to help you out (even one or two developer show up from time to time ).
Thanks! I do have a question (cry of help. I have about 6 new folks that want to try league play. But we need a Commissioner. It may fall on me, and if so we could be hurting (and I'll have a breakdown *chuckle*.) So any guides, Fact sheets for newbies commissioners etc?

Thanks!
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote