Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-06-2019, 12:08 AM   #1
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Custom Leagues, 2 questions

Hi,

Was trying to do the two following things in a custom league:

1) After starting a league is it possible to edit the draft pool percentages? I want to start a 1926 custom league and slowly integrate US and eventually European players.

2) I am playing with a minor league, but I am finding <18 prospects signing with the minor league teams. Is there any way to set a minimum age for the league?
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:56 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not possible to change them after it starts, you can only set the percentage at the beginning. But now that I think about it, it may be possible to add that to the July 1 editing (although it wouldn't affect player generation until the following year.)

The age setting has to stay fixed for the time being so the top-level teams can send their (signed) young players down, and as a side effect it allows the minor league to sign some younger guys as well. Effectively, it works a little like the later years of the old International Hockey League, where it's both a farm league and grabs some prospects on its own as well. It's going to be a little complicated to fix that - basically, we'd need to make an equivalent of the NHL-CHL agreement in the custom games so the 18/19-year olds signed to the top level teams can be sent back to junior. Problem is, that requires a bunch of messy hardcoding to work in the modern games, and if we implement it in custom it's going to be really inflexible and unchangeable, which isn't really the direction we should be going in for a game mode that's supposed to be highly editable. I'll try to figure out some alternative, like allowing all junior teams to function as farm teams for the NHL, but that's going to have its own issues to work out.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not possible to change them after it starts, you can only set the percentage at the beginning. But now that I think about it, it may be possible to add that to the July 1 editing (although it wouldn't affect player generation until the following year.)

The age setting has to stay fixed for the time being so the top-level teams can send their (signed) young players down, and as a side effect it allows the minor league to sign some younger guys as well. Effectively, it works a little like the later years of the old International Hockey League, where it's both a farm league and grabs some prospects on its own as well. It's going to be a little complicated to fix that - basically, we'd need to make an equivalent of the NHL-CHL agreement in the custom games so the 18/19-year olds signed to the top level teams can be sent back to junior. Problem is, that requires a bunch of messy hardcoding to work in the modern games, and if we implement it in custom it's going to be really inflexible and unchangeable, which isn't really the direction we should be going in for a game mode that's supposed to be highly editable. I'll try to figure out some alternative, like allowing all junior teams to function as farm teams for the NHL, but that's going to have its own issues to work out.
I don't mind so much the 18yo drafted and undrafted players on the minor league teams (both in custom and historical), but it's the undrafted 17 year olds that are weird. Couldn't you set the minimum age to 18 on Sept 15 so that atleast the minors and majors are playing with the same rules?

That would be great if we could edit on July 1st.

The option to have salaries adjusted for historical custom games would be welcome as well.

On a similar note, has there been any consideration to allow the generation of real historical players in Custom games?

Thanks!

Last edited by G-Nuke; 12-07-2019 at 05:44 AM.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:34 PM   #4
Cadieux39
Minors (Single A)

Just picked up FHM6, i'm wondering if the player generation % been added to July 1st as an option? This is something id like to have as part of my custom game.

Like the OP mentions, being able to change the origins of the rookies being created from year to year. Its something i use in my custom game for OOTP, and i would love to see it implemented and expanded on for FHM. Especially so that its not just Canada/USA/Other hockey nations. Id love to be able to dictate the % from each nation like i can in OOTP.

I did find the place where you can control the quality of players generated. I find that very cool. But i dont think i can use that to influence what nations the game creates new players from.
Cadieux39 is offline   Reply With Quote