Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 11-23-2019, 12:22 AM   #1
neugey
All Star Reserve

1990's F.R.I.E.N.D.S Tournament Dynasty

Forget Ross, Joey, Rachel, Phoebe, Monica and Chandler! This baseball team is the REAL 1990's Friends!

They've come together to bond and take on whatever trials await them. Mainly, the 1625 Salary Cap tournaments. But they're not above entering a Silver tournament or maybe even an Open tournament if the mood strikes them.

So forget about the OJ trial and turn off the hideous grunge music, because it's time for some 90's baseball! Stay tuned here for highlights and lowlights of their their tournament adventures!

========

ALL 1990-1999 Non-Live Cards

Total Cap: 1622

Starters:

Aaron Sele (78) R
Kent Mercker (75) L
Rene Arocha (65) R
Sterling Hitchcock (65) L
Jason Dickson (60) R

Bullpen:
Greg Harris (62) R
Paul Spoljaric (43) L
John Franco (73) L
Anthony Young (62) R
Craig Lefferts (50) L
Roger Mason (56) R
Troy Percival (75) R Closer

Position players:
C Joe Girardi (58) R
C Tom Pagnozzi (63) R
1B Mark Grace (70) L
2B Mickey Morandini (60) L
3B Vinny Castilla (67) R
SS Ozzie Guillen (61) L
LF/1B Jeff Conine (60) R
CF/LF Chris Singleton (74) L
RF Juan Gonzalez (69) R
DH/RF Tony Gwynn (76) L
2B/3B/LF/CF Bip Roberts (68) S
2B/3B/SS/LF Randy Velarde (61) R
1B/LF/RF John Kurk (71) L

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles

Last edited by neugey; 11-23-2019 at 12:24 AM.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:59 AM   #2
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Familiar names, loved the 90s.

Juan actually playing in the OF? That's brave. Oh, I see, Tony Gwynn.

Kruk! Missed ya, big fella.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
neugey
All Star Reserve

The F.R.I.E.N.D.S played in their first tournament, a Non-Live 1625Cap Best of 5, and sadly went out in the first round. They won the first game 2-1 behind the strong pitching of Aaron Sele, but then the team faltered and lost in consecutive games 5-13, 3-4 and 0-8.

Mark Grace somehow won the Series MVP despite being on the losing team. He posted a .500 avg, 3 HR and 6 RBI and a whopping 1.945 OPS over the 4 games. Always knew I liked that guy!

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
Old 11-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #4
neugey
All Star Reserve

Two more tournaments wrapped up but neither one was a win for the F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

A 1625Cap Best of 5 (16 teams) saw the gang win the first round series 3-1, but then they faltered. Some solid hitting performances were turned in by Gwynn and Grace and good pitching by Mercker, but it wasn't enough.

The F.R.I.E.N.D.S also took part in a silver BO7 tournament and this one was as wild as they come! They lost in 7 games in the first round but it was quite a show. In the first two games, the guys rolled and won 10-1 and 16-1. The latter features a 4-for-5, 2HR, 7 RBI performance by Gwynn. But then the tables turned and they went on the wrong side of the lopsided games and lost 2-20 and 4-12. In game 7 they lost 5-2 with a 3-run homer by the opponent being the difference.

The guys will bounce back and try some more tournaments, but probably won't post again until we win one or come close or something crazy happens.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
Old 11-24-2019, 09:49 AM   #5
neugey
All Star Reserve

The guys had a good tournament last night and finished runner-up in a 32-team BO7 bracket. They lost 4 games to 2 in the championship, but considering the other team somehow managed to have Perfect Bonds and 94 George Sisler on their team, it's understandle.

Heroes for this series were Juan Gonzalez (.354, 7HR, 28RB1) and Bip Roberts (.356). Solid pitching was turned in by Sele, Hitchcock and Lefferts.

Won two packs but the pulls were terrible. Best card was 65 Unsung Heroes Mark Bellhorn.

Going to spend a little time working on the depth chart as so far I just let the CPU set it up. For some reason the AI wants to have Jeff Conine as my backup at SS, not good.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
Old 11-28-2019, 10:04 AM   #6
neugey
All Star Reserve

The F.R.I.E.N.D.S broke out of their tournament slump and won a 16-team BO5 tournament last night. A happy Thanksgiving present!

Juan Gonzalez came up big in this bracket, leading the team with 6 HR and 21 RBI. Bip Roberts and Vinny Castilla also contributed nicely with the bat. Mark Grace had two walk-off HR's in the tournament. Arocha and Mercker had nice starting pitching performances and the bullpen, except for closer Percival ironically, was pretty much lights out.

Won 2 packs but sadly almost every single card was a trash iron/bronze live relief pitcher .

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles