Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-17-2019, 12:23 AM   #61
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdummie View Post
I am the GM only, is there a way in preseason to dress my prospects? My coach only uses the regular players, its preseason, need to look at the American Hockey League guys. Thanks.
No, that's the coaches job.

If you want to control the roster, play as GM/Coach. You can have the "Assistant" do all the jobs you do not wish to do otherwise.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:17 AM   #62
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

Playing NHL History where I'm in control of expansion.

On NHL edit screen it says the maximum number of team is 69 before fictional players are added.

I'm at 36 teams but I can't add any more.

Is this still the limit?

If so why is the screen telling me the maximum is 69 teams?
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:02 AM   #63
Mr_Devil_Dog
Minors (Single A)

Perfect Team for FHM

Could we see a Perfect Team Option for FHM in the near future. I absolutely love Perfect Team for OOTP20. I find that I play it daily. Having a Hockey version of the game would be awesome and I think would be as well received as the Baseball PT.
Mr_Devil_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:50 AM   #64
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seequest View Post
Could we see a Perfect Team Option for FHM in the near future. I absolutely love Perfect Team for OOTP20. I find that I play it daily. Having a Hockey version of the game would be awesome and I think would be as well received as the Baseball PT.
I'd like it, too, but it probably won't happen in the near future.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #65
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkitson16 View Post
Playing NHL History where I'm in control of expansion.

On NHL edit screen it says the maximum number of team is 69 before fictional players are added.

I'm at 36 teams but I can't add any more.

Is this still the limit?

If so why is the screen telling me the maximum is 69 teams?
Going to try moving it up to 60 in the update. The warning is auto-generated based on the current league size/depth of the player pool, so sometimes it'll list a number you can't possibly reach.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #66
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)

Head scout

Where can I find wich of my scouts is the Head scout?
Whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #67
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebear View Post
Where can I find wich of my scouts is the Head scout?
The game will automatically use the highest-rated one (although we should probably switch that to an appointed position like the specialty coaches.)
Old 10-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #68
Northernsky
Major Leagues

Question about Affiliations and unsigned draftees

So I let the AI run my affiliations so I do not have to deal with it but I noticed I lost most all of my players on both lower level teams. I went from 50 contracts down to 33 so I checked and most of my affiliate players are gone. I realize their contacts might have expired and they went to FA but doesn't my affiliate deal with contact signing?

Secondly - After I finish drafting for my pro team when should I sign my draftees? I am always afraid to sign them to early to my organization.

Thanks in advance!
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:10 PM   #69
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
So I let the AI run my affiliations so I do not have to deal with it but I noticed I lost most all of my players on both lower level teams. I went from 50 contracts down to 33 so I checked and most of my affiliate players are gone. I realize their contacts might have expired and they went to FA but doesn't my affiliate deal with contact signing?

Secondly - After I finish drafting for my pro team when should I sign my draftees? I am always afraid to sign them to early to my organization.

Thanks in advance!
Your affiliate will only sign players if they need someone that you don't supply. So for instance if you only have three goalies under contract, they'll sign someone to an AHL deal. You need to watch your upcoming Free Agents page and make a decision of who you want to sign.

As for when to sign draftees, it's a variety. Watch the unsigned draftees tab to make sure you don't lose anyone's rights, but often players are better suited to play in leagues that are appropriate for them. Anyone who has a current ability of 2 or above, you should be signing as soon as possible. It's a balance. It's okay to leave people over in Europe or College too. It helps balance only having those 50 contracts too.

Last edited by Adam B; 10-17-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:23 PM   #70
Northernsky
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Your affiliate will only sign players if they need someone that you don't supply. So for instance if you only have three goalies under contract, they'll sign someone to an AHL deal. You need to watch your upcoming Free Agents page and make a decision of who you want to sign.

As for when to sign draftees, it's a variety. Watch the unsigned draftees tab to make sure you don't lose anyone's rights, but often players are better suited to play in leagues that are appropriate for them. Anyone who has a current ability or above, you should be signing as soon as possible. It's a balance. It's okay to leave people over in Europe or College too. It helps balance only having those 50 contracts too.
"Anyone who has a current ability or above, you should be signing as soon as possible." Do you mean 2 stars+ then prob want to sign (depending on contracts)?

Thanks!
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:49 PM   #71
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
"Anyone who has a current ability or above, you should be signing as soon as possible." Do you mean 2 stars+ then prob want to sign (depending on contracts)?

Thanks!
Yes. Sorry.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:49 AM   #72
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

Add Historical Team

Add Historical Team function is a good idea but needs improvements:

1. If I add California, I can't add Cleveland. If I add Denver I can't add KC or NJ. This is the same for any franchise that moved. Please fix this.

2. If I add Cleveland, I get California colours during their blue period. If I add Atlanta I get current Calgary colours. Etc. Colours should change with the year selected.

3. Whatever team I pick I get a generic arena. Also if the franchise moved (see above) the generic name isn't even tied to the current city. Why can't the proper arena be linked to the proper team in the proper year. If I pick Dallas but from 1967 I expect to get Minnesota with the Met center as an arena not the "DAL arena".

So depending on what team I take there is still a lot of manual editing involved.

Last edited by Dkitson16; 10-18-2019 at 01:51 AM.
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:08 PM   #73
Edster007
All Star Starter

Downloaded the game early this week and ran some test RD Leagues so when I started “for real” I didnt make any mistakes. Decided I would set my league up on a flight I took this morning but FHM6 asked me to enter my license or buy the game. Opened FHM5 without issue (played 5 several times on flights)

Is internet connection required to verify the product on startup now or is there a workaround?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:46 PM   #74
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Have any changes made to the in-game tactics?
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #75
Edster007
All Star Starter

I saw this somewhere else and cant find it. I decided to try to make my random debut league an online league. I assigned a real GM/Coach to each team leaving myself as commissioner.

I got to the inaugural draft-How do I make the picks for each team? And once done will I be able to setup lines, tatics etc for each team?
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #76
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Downloaded the game early this week and ran some test RD Leagues so when I started “for real” I didnt make any mistakes. Decided I would set my league up on a flight I took this morning but FHM6 asked me to enter my license or buy the game. Opened FHM5 without issue (played 5 several times on flights)

Is internet connection required to verify the product on startup now or is there a workaround?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://support.ootpdevelopments.com...net-connection - If not, ask the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I saw this somewhere else and cant find it. I decided to try to make my random debut league an online league. I assigned a real GM/Coach to each team leaving myself as commissioner.

I got to the inaugural draft-How do I make the picks for each team? And once done will I be able to setup lines, tactics etc for each team?
You need to not just be Commissioner. You need to have essentially GM's created for each job. Then you would have to rotate through and switch.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #77
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Historical exhibition

When playing a historical exhibition game, any way to control a team? Thanks for any advice.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:23 AM   #78
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

Has anything improved in online leagues? So much of the online experience took extra time and effort due to requiring commissioner intervention and/or missing critical real-time information, whether in-game FTP issues, problems with players being unable to hire their own staff, or players not being able to follow along the draft (not to mention the competitive balance issues inherent in forcing the commissioner to enter each team's draft room).
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #79
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdummie View Post
When playing a historical exhibition game, any way to control a team? Thanks for any advice.
You have control of the home team.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #80
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephyw View Post
Has anything improved in online leagues? So much of the online experience took extra time and effort due to requiring commissioner intervention and/or missing critical real-time information, whether in-game FTP issues, problems with players being unable to hire their own staff, or players not being able to follow along the draft (not to mention the competitive balance issues inherent in forcing the commissioner to enter each team's draft room).
Any issues with the FTP we've encountered so far have been solely user-error. We will help if there's anything else.

Online Leagues didn't have any specific improvements, but additions to the game, like line saving and player locking can help Commissioners move the league along.