Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 11-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #61
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

The grounds crew at Gulf Igloo have been seen repositioning walls and foul poles. Something is certainly up, we'll try to reach the front office for more information.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:22 AM   #62
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Apr 30

Another new season.
The only thing that’s changed is our stadium, and that didn’t change greatly. Moved the walls back slightly right at the foul lines, evened out the slight advantage that it used to give LHB.
Still a big, roomy OF corners where lots of doubles rattle around (we’re staring at you guys, defense), but the wind blowing in deters homers. No L/R advantage at all.
Off to a fairly good start, we’ll believe it in July (the little birds have lied to us before). Competition right out of the gate, though. 16-9 for Mar/Apr, but tied for division lead with an identical record. 3-way tie for 5th overall.
We rescued the bats from at the airport lost and found this year. So that might help.
Runs scored 8th (better than 15th, but do better!), Runs against 2nd. Defense and Pitching do their part.
Maybe we’ll figure out a way to be consistent w/ the sticks?
Old 11-13-2019, 03:22 AM   #63
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Days of May

It’s May, the lusty month of May
That darling month when everyone throws self-control away

And they play some baysboll, too. I think the guys did decide to play this year, instead of grumbling in the dugouts. It’s too early to commit to that, because you never really know what’s up until August. But this season feels much, much better so far.

The batters are batting, the pitchers are pitching, everything’s running smoothly.

For May: 17-10, .630. Division 1st, Overall t-2nd. Don’t recognize many of these guys, so newer teams maybe? [Over in the other league there are three teams using the same Airhog logo, that’s not confusing at all.]

Runs scored t-5th. Runs against 2nd. Rdiff +64.

Notable standouts thus far, G. Olson, R. Hernandez, L. Hendriks (the core of the relief staff) combine for 7 total earned runs, 2-1, and 16 saves. Bullpen rank 1st. Bunning pitching mostly long relief, 0.95 ERA for last 8 games.

Justin Turner says he wants the 3b job. Kris Bryant says, “okay” and lets him take it away. Bryant seems pretty miserable in left field, but whatcha gonna do? Adapt or die, hit the ball if you want the job. Same lesson Arenado learned.

Dean, Sale, Moose are having good starts, Greinke and Severino are not.

Brock and Cedeno are off to fast starts. Sandberg and Giles are doing okay sharing 2b, Yount is also sharing short with Giles–Giles is a useful spare part as middle infield backup. Freeman could pick it up a little, but doesn’t exactly smell of dead kippers yet. Betts is meh. Dihigo isn’t hitting particularly well but is playing some mean defense out in CF.

Notable games–Moose had his annual shutout. 7-run comeback on May 4 (those are always good for morale).
Old 11-14-2019, 02:29 AM   #64
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

June

Well, I’m starting to believe the team came to play this year. 1st in division, and (get this) 1st overall…barely, one game lead.

Doesn’t look like there are any runaway 130-win rock crusher teams in D402, and that may be the difference. The season just has a qualitatively different feel when no one’s dominating everything start to finish.

I’m certainly not dominating. Five total teams above .600, none above .640. Tight grouping, competitive.

The Penguins are playing pretty well, with some obvious issues.

For June, 18-10 (.643) Runs scored: 5th Runs allowed: 3rd (tie)

Bullpen 3rd, Starters 4th, Defense 6th. Not the most bulletproof outfield I’ve ever played, but they’re doing okay. Wish I had one of the better Bonds cards, LF is a problem right now. Kris Bryant? Heh.

Stolen Bases 1st (!!!) Base running 2nd (!!!)

Must be the glaciers on the base paths.

Do those numbers sound like a dominating team? Winning, sure. But not one that will lead the league for long.

Still, the second half of this year’s schedule is actually a little easier than the first, ‘cording to the forecast model. We might be all right.

Then again, we may face-plant in September, like the last few years :mutter:

Notable games…hmm. We have to go back to June 4, when Dizzy threw a Maddux.

Other than that, a lot of pretty average games. 4-3 3-1 5-3 2-1 (yawn).

Last edited by Lemandria; 11-14-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:19 AM   #65
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

July

We had enormous fun getting our arses whupped in Tournament play, today.

That’s good karma, apparently, because New Orleans did some arse whuppin in Diamond this month.

For July, 19-7 (.731). The bats that had been slumbering so peacefully for the last few seasons have nearly all decided to come out to play, again. Must be the pine tar, or the A-roids.

1st in the division (+13), 1st overall (+5-1/2). Forecast model says 101 wins. Not quite running away with it, but solid (and hopefully uncatchable). Magic #43 going into August.

Notable games: Dihigo had a 5-for-5. We had a 15-run slugfest, Sandberg got his grand slam.

And I really, really need some sleep now.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:43 AM   #66
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

August

12-15 for August, the beginning of the annual pennant chase Swoon. I wasn’t really paying attention, having too much fun in the tourneys right now.

Still, we’re in fairly good shape. Lead the division (+9), and tied for 1st overall. But letting them catch up is never a good idea. The Bowls are making a run at us, but they’re still 9 games down. Last 3 games of the season could really, really matter (but probably won’t). Magic number is 20, we can do that, can’t we guys? I think. Gulp.

Now what are they pouting about? Looks like September is a easy schedule, a lot of interleague games with teams that don’t frighten us.

Buck up, guys. The fans are much happier this year. It might even be time for our very first Perfect League Beatdown!

Looks like the starters took a little abuse, bullpen still on cruise control. The hitters are actually doing a bit better than ‘normal’, considering the ballpark they play in.

Games of Note: Justin Turner (of the goofy-looking baseball card fame) had a good week in there, including a walk off slam. Player of the Week, too.

Time for some Penguin attaboys for this season.

Dizzy Dean 2.97 ERA but only 11-8. Tsk, sloppy run support.
Moosina 12-6, 3.68. Mr. Consistency, unspectacular but solid.
Chris Sale not getting abused this year, 15-8, 3.73. Pretty sure that’s his only decent season in a tuxedo.
Olson, Hernandez, Vazquez–the core of the bullpen, always seem to do a terrific job. When the bullpen disappoints (rarely), it tends to be the middle men.
Lou Brock, solid Lou season. Seems very comfortable not playing the field much, watch your weight.
Heilman and Tauchman–I think of you both as DH’s, too. The problem is generally getting all three of you guys enough at bats.
Cedeno, Dihigo, same issue. Too many of you guys want to play CF.
Justin Turner, doing a good job no matter how goofy he looks. 3b is yours to lose.
Freeman solid but…corner men need to impress me more. Watching you.
Fosse, Fisk, Sandberg, Yount. Solid work from all of you, no complaints. Whenever the Catchers hit at all, it’s a good year.
Betts disappointing. He’s streaky. A streaky leadoff man? Ruh roh.
Giles decided he wants to be utility man. Hits like a utility man, too.
Kris Bryant. Decided he hates playing the outfield, but doesn’t hit enough to hold 3B. Our problem child in search of a replacement, this season. We can probably accommodate your ‘trade me’ request.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #67
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Penguins clinch!

L. Brock 20/20 player

101-61 (.623)

Last edited by Lemandria; 11-17-2019 at 04:28 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:07 AM   #68
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

The junior teams had good years, too.

ACW won by Tomato

F. Tatis, Jr. 20/20 player
R. Porcello Most Pitching Wins
P. Goldschmidt Home Run Champion
100-62 (.617)

Brutes crush opposition, win NCC

105-57 (.648)
Old 11-17-2019, 03:42 PM   #69
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

NOW we're in trouble

Ruh Roh – New Orleans is going to Perfect

The three teams went 9-1 in Division Series play, earning promotion in every one.
That’s probably used up my luck for the day.
DSMVP goes to Robin Yount, my favorite Penguin of all time (clear back to the Stratomatic team.)

Fresh Meat coming your way!

Sacramento Sweeps Division Series

Kelly freakin’ Gruber DSMVP (!!)

Brutes dominate Division Series

H. Greenberg DSMVP
Old 11-18-2019, 01:34 AM   #70
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Dammit, Brute Force - (outspent in terms of team budget by about 10 to 1) - simply refuses to give up. Bronze Series tied at 3 games each.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:16 AM   #71
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Final results, 2052

San Chef wins crucial game seven, Penguins return home to pack.

Tomato pasted

Too big a budget deficit to overcome. The everyday life of a ftp historical team, right?

Brutes muscle up and win!

I really enjoyed watching the Brutes this year, these guys are scrappy as hell.

All three teams promoted.
New Orleans will receive their very first Perfect League Beatdown!

Old 11-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #72
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Attention Pe453!
Your cannon fodder has arrived.

Be merciful.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:28 AM   #73
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Welcome to Perfect, cannon fodder

We expected a drubbing.

Browsing through the games looking for signs of hope. There aren’t many.

Our rookie left fielder, Fred Clarke. He can hit these guys, he says. Actually he’s doing a rally good job (.345 .411 .596). So, that’s one ray of hope.

Also um… Well, the guys who are not starting cold, it’s a very short list. Dihigo, Freeman, Betts, maybe Lou Brock.

Did we even bring an infield this year? Whoolordie. Come out from under the trainer’s table fellas. No, you all have to play, you have contracts.

How about the pitching?

Come out of the bullpen, fellas, you can’t all crowd inside. Stop shivering. The way you’re all sobbing is not inspiring much confidence, ya know.

Decent, who’s pitching decently? See, there’s Moose. Good job, Moose!

Oh my lord. Just Moose? The pitching staff as a whole is 7-17? Five saves. Wait, did you say FIVE saves?

None of that sounds encouraging. So this season won’t be about winning, but rather loss management.

Offense: Runs scored 14th. OPS isn’t wretched, but WAR is.

Defense: Runs against 11th. Starters ERA 13th. Bullpen 10th. Wow, how the mighty have fallen.

For Mar/Apr: 8-17 Rdiff -44. Forecast: 68 wins. We’re deep in Rel territory, as of this moment, part of the eight sub-.400 teams. Eight teams getting gang-raped? What kind of nightmare is Perfect? At least we didn’t finish dead last. Yet.

Let’s see what the sports writers have to say about things. Power rankings 25th. Yuh, let’s not read the papers any more this season.

Notable games: 15 runs on Apr 18th. Shared SHO Apr 24th.

Pray that this is just a slump. Because it doesn’t sound much like a Dynasty.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:24 AM   #74
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Shark-infested waters

It’s really not that bad. Okay, it’s bad.

11-15 for May (.423). Just good enough to move us out of Relegation territory by a precious few games. Dead last in the division, but only by -1/2 game, two other gasping fish flopping around in this poisonous pond with me. Overall 24th, a precious .050 above the relegation line!

Not much you can say about it, really. Helpless is helpless.

Good job, Moose, literally the only starter pitching above replacement level. Ernie Banks had a good month in limited AB (!?) Turner showed up to look goofy on third. Yount woke up.

Boobie prizes: Fisk, Giles, Cedeno, Sandberg. All RHB, I smell a pattern. Pitchers against us, 18 LH starts and 35 RH starts–we’re playing .500 and .314 against them, respectively. Confirmed, there’s our pattern.

Sale, off to the minors, bud. Giving Palmer your starts, cya. Made some other bullpen structural changes–when you got nothing else to do, you tinker. But honestly most of the bullpen is pitching well below replacement, too, maybe some fresh arms will help.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:43 AM   #75
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Waiting patiently for next season

We finally achieved dead last! Thanks to this 10-game (still going, who knows what it will reach) losing streak, we’ve bottomed out.

Rdiff is -122. A run and a half per game. Conclusion: We can’t hit AND we can’t pitch. We can’t even play defense.

Hitters above replacement: Four.
Pitchers above replacement: Two, both relievers.

Send us back down, coach. Please.

Thanks for the tourneys, developers. Gives us all something else to do while praying for some sort of help against megawhales.

Time to start doing position training for my birds. Who wants to try out for Shortstop? No, wait, Robin’s hitting just above replacement.

I used to think the way I rate talent overvalued defense. But it might actually over value sticks, at least in my ball park. My zone rating and deff has bottomed out, not coincidentally so has my pitching.

But we’re hitting so far below Mendoza for this league that it’s difficult to tell which is worse. If I go for more defense, the offense actually goes down…can it get any worse than dead last?

Argh, there’s just no hope whatsoever.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:09 AM   #76
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

July

10-15 (.400) for the month. 37-69 (.349) for the season. Last in division, 28th overall.

The fans never noticed we were here, no all-star selections.

Hitters above water: four. Bryant Yount Clarke Turner. Two on that list play the same position.

Pitchers above water: three. Olson Dean Crain. Two are relievers.
Results unchanged and unchangeable. I simply don’t have the wallet to play here, PP income in this league is near-zero.

Last edited by Lemandria; 11-22-2019 at 03:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:01 PM   #77
gemini615
All Star Reserve

You could always dig a huge hole in centerfield and fill it with ice water. That should keep penguin morale high. Plus it'd be an awesome obstacle for opposing outfielders when they come to "The Igloo"
Just an idea lol
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:26 AM   #78
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
You could always dig a huge hole in centerfield and fill it with ice water.
Just an idea lol

Oooh I LIKE that idea. We could be the ballpark that everyone hates to play at, Players Association injury claims will skyrocket!

August

Some of you Penguins are attempting to save your jobs, I understand.

But what happened this month: None of the Mega-Whales plowed through. They will again in September, you can bet on it. See, right there on the schedule.

So, if you keep producing then and we’ll talk contracts and extensions. Ha ha ha ha ha ha, you guys are doomed.
Hitters above replacement: Betts Yount Brock Fosse (!!!). Freeman is on the border. Turner, too.

Pitchers above replacement: Crain Pressly Olson Plesac. That’s all relievers, folks. Moose is the best of the starters, but he needs to finish hot against some very tough teams. But you can say that for all of the pitching staff, too. Severino and Dean will probably keep their jobs.
For August: 17-9 (.654) Season: 55-78 (.414) 3rd in the division, 21st overall, so massive improvement. But it’s likely to be the only winning month of this entire season, September looks really grim.

Projected wins: 69, but I think that’s crazy optimistic. Remember that we’ve picked up 14 wins only one month so far this season-this one. My gut says we finish around 63, 64 wins.

Will we end the season in or out of the relegation gutter?

Stay tuned sports fans!

Last edited by Lemandria; 11-23-2019 at 03:36 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:04 PM   #79
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

The Brutes just won back-to-back tourneys with a gimmick, 'cause my opponents apparently haven't caught on to what I'm doing, yet. It's really not complicated.

Mind you, it is in Bronze and historical DoD tourneys. Got to be the only place a "gimmick" team can win, right?
Old 11-24-2019, 03:47 AM   #80
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Celebration #wompwomp

And we end the season on a high note, with one more sweet, sweet victory in the final game of the season putting us above the dreaded 400 line.

A new booby prize for record number of losses! Don’t worry, sports fans—we can play even worse than this, we swear.

Final record: 65-97 (.401) Division 3rd, Overall 24th. 56 Games back. Rdiff -154, so roughly -1 run per game.

Victories vs Megawhale: 2
Victories vs Whale Jr: 9

We did fairly well against the rest of the division, third rather than fifth. Probably around .500 vs the regular only-human teams. But they were (possibly) taking a dive, who knows.

We avoid relegation, and the Igloo remains empty of attendance for at least one more season.

Player Review

Hitters above Mendoza: Turner Yount Cedeno (strong finish) Brock Betts. Five, count ’em five. Also ran: Fosse, Freeman.

Pitchers above Mendoza: Plesac (remarkably good 28 IP for a lefty) Olson Crain Severino Pressly. Again five. Also ran: Vazquez Dean and Moose (stretching a bit for the best WAR)

Note to scouts: we need help. Defensive huge holes. Offensive huge holes. Pitching huge holes.

Find us a warm body (or ten) who can play up here. Please?