Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 07-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #41
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I decided the umm positional debate was just a little...just a little ridiculous or nonsensical and feel no need to comment further right now, so I fell asleep shortly after the games started yesterday & woke up today and did a sim outside of perfect team where volunteers from facebook voted in teams they wanted to see in a fantasy league. Then I signed into Perfect Team & got back to managing the Flyers.

I got RF Bryce Harper in a pack about 10 days ago, I decided to sub him in for some period of time...(Carlton Fisk) is still in there. & Jim Abbott started game 56 for the Flyers:

Abbott was run from the game as he was in 2 previous appearances in Perfects rather quickly (2 IP, 8 ER) but bombs away...GEHRIG, MAYS, HARPER, SCHMIDT, LINDOR all with HR, we won anyway, 13-12. Mays' was a 3-run walk-off in the 12th inning after we went down 12-9 in the top of the inning.

The team is 32-24 after 56 games. That's 2.5 games out of a playoff spot.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-24-2019 at 11:39 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #42
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I got Juan Gonzalez (I think it's a 69 MVP) from what I read in another post in. A player was angry that he was only a 69. So far he's hitting over .500 with a couple HR in 4 games. I wonder if he at least played him. (the angry guy)

Frank Funk (Cleveland reliever) is a sort of random guy I used a little until I got to perfects and he has had 2 good appearances from the bullpen.

Jon Matlack won a game in relief as well.

Mike Gallego (2B, A's) played last week. He hit .333 if I didn't mention it already.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #43
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

The latest players to make a cameo were:

Howard Johnson (5-for-10, 1 HR)
Charlie Kerfeld 2 IP, 1 ER

I left Johnson in ...and Felipe Vazquez in for Kerfeld. Vazquez is rated rather highly but I tend to use lots of starters in the pen & really, just haven't managed to manage to get him in the game except in the manner I'm substituting select cards this week.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #44
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Alright, the sub frequency is still a little higher than I intended for whatever reason but here's the news:

John Olerud is still active. He just tends to get on base when he's in there. Left him playing fullish time first base/Gehrig DH.

Felipe Vazquez earned a win...or was it a save? & then I foolishly took him out.

Hyun-Jin Ryu is in there. He comes in at an 82 OVR. He has pitched almost 6 innings in relief and has an ERA of 1.59.

Removed HoJO & JuanGone possibly foolishly as well, but I'll take what they gave while they were active...

& Merv Rettenmund & Carlos Beltran. They're honorary Outfielders for a series. So far they're batting .000 in 15 PAs.

Flyers overall are 41-28 and like I said earlier in this thread it could be a close one by the end of the week whether or not there will be a game or games on Sunday for New York. 1.5 GB. That's progress since the last time I checked anyway.

I'm not positive but my estimate is 70 players through 69 games.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:11 PM   #45
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Rettenmund & Beltran back to the reserve roster.
Just swept in a 3 game road series.
Still 1.5 GB out of Wild-Card and in 2nd place but some kind of run would really have to be made to make up that separation, I was swept by the 1st place team last time, that never helps, almost a 6 game swing (vs. sweeping them)…

For now just put Sewell back in as far as my Guest List...& taking a sort of intermission as for actively moving & shifting things around/shaking them up. Set up 4-man rotation for now, don't know how long that will last.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:20 AM   #46
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Latest from the Guest Room

Hyun-jin Ryu has now worked 12 innings. He currently has an ERA of 3.00.

Bob Friend (SP, Pirates) worked a few innings out of the bullpen as well. A 4.91 ERA and gave up a lead in a losing effort.

Tommy Holmes went 3 for 4 in his first game. He should be in there at least a couple more games.

Lou Brock, a semi-regular, is active for the first time this season.

Lots of Love from Flyersville.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:22 PM   #47
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

All-Star Break

The Flyers are 54-44 at the All-Star Break, about 4 or 5 games back of a playoff spot.

If my count is right, we've used 77 players in 98 games.

My goal wasn't 100 or anything, but IF WE DID use 23 new players in the 2nd half, we'll have had 100 different players appear in a game in one season.

Joe DiMaggio (rookie) will be the first sub in the 2nd half.

Tiny Bonham made a couple of starts in the rotation before the All-Star break and did QUITE well. Almost thought of leaving him in there...

I think Ernie Banks was a new one as well that I haven't listed. (0-for-3 in one game)…

I woke up today to see that we had won all of our games except one, and then we played the best team & the worst team in the league and went into the All-Star break losing 5 out of 6. 1 for 3 against the best team in the league....0 for 3 against the worst team in the league....AT HOME! Check that, they were one of the best teams in the league and one of the worst.

So we continue to be streaky, and we did sit at .600 at one point but I had a feeling if that was going to change it was going to change to the current .551 and not .650.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:37 PM   #48
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

First series after the All-Star break just wrapped up. Won 2 out of 3. I got so fed up with 97 Joe Morgan that I was about to put him back in & then decided to put 68 Morgan Houston Astros rookie in instead...I suppose that counts as another player, since I'm going by cards. Well, a half a player at least, lol...

Dwight Gooden had another excellent outing in the 3rd game of the series.
DiMaggio still hasn't seen the field so I'm going to leave him in...

It might be time for David Price to get a spot start or I might put him in the bullpen but he's the next sub up.
Oh and 1970s Reds general "infielder" Tony Perez. Already has seen some action. (3rd game of the first series after the break), might get another start, might not.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-25-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:43 PM   #49
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

And Mookie Betts was just activated for the 1st time in 3 weeks (simulated seasons).

Old 07-25-2019, 10:57 PM   #50
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

"Try now, we can only lose, & our love become a funeral pyre."

Old 07-26-2019, 03:38 AM   #51
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

David Price worked 6 innings and gave up 6 earned runs in his not-quite-a-start. (Jacob deGrom played opener). Price was 'credited' with the loss.

DiMaggio went 5 for 9 with a home run in his time.

Ichiro made his 1st appearance, 3-for-7 with a couple of RBIs...
I guess DiMaggio COULD find a place on the 25-man roster and Ichiro could end up seeing a significant amount more action as well, but with trying to wheel still up to another 45 players in during the next 2 months, I can't really "SET" a 25-man the way I normally would. Almost no one is ruled out from being taken off the roster for 2 weeks. That has been challenging.

Oliver Perez pitched 1.2 perfect innings in a losing effort out of the pen.

Mets Gary Carter, Dave Winfield, Matt Williams, Ozzie Smith, Rod Carew AND Mule Suttles have all seen some playing time, too.

As things stand, the Flyers have played 108 games with 88 different cards, have a 59-49 record & are still slightly behind in the race for 1 of the 2 wild cards. (4.5 GB)

Old 07-26-2019, 06:43 AM   #52
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I happened to be awake overnight so I set up my subs for the upcoming series with the Angels.

We've got:Cy Acosta (1973, CWS, Closer), Tommy John & Bob Gibson probably working out of the pen, although historically they were starters for the Yankees & Cardinals, respectively. And Dave Concepcion (SS, Reds), Tim Raines (All-time Expo) & Brett Gardner (2015 All-Star, Yanks).

Someone remind me to sub them out & 5 new ones in at the end of the 2 game series and then again at the end of the series after that, etc. ..And I'll keep updating how each individual performance went when I can.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:45 AM   #53
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Maybe I should attach pictures with my sub updates. I'm bouncing between updating this and managing, though...I'm not sure I'm prepared to be so thorough. But maybe after Saturday (or maybe...…) Sunday's final game I'll post a complete list of 2036 New York Flyers.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-26-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #54
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Guest room Friday morning 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I happened to be awake overnight so I set up my subs for the upcoming series with the Angels.

We've got:Cy Acosta (1973, CWS, Closer), Tommy John & Bob Gibson probably working out of the pen, although historically they were starters for the Yankees & Cardinals, respectively. And Dave Concepcion (SS, Reds), Tim Raines (All-time Expo) & Brett Gardner (2015 All-Star, Yanks).

Someone remind me to sub them out & 5 new ones in at the end of the 2 game series and then again at the end of the series after that, etc. ..And I'll keep updating how each individual performance went when I can.
The day got off to a ...[twirls moustache]...serenipitous start. Game 1 against the Angels was 12-5 Flyers going into the late innings but the Angels did a little tiny number on Koufax before he was removed and then a big number on Gibson in relief & then an astronomical number on Cy Acosta to send the game into extra innings 12-12. 7 innings later, the Flyers finally won it on a DAVE CONCEPCION walk-off double. I barely even had to try...and 3 of my subs were mentioned there.

After game 1, I had a faint idea of pulling Acosta from his closer role but instead I decided to take him aside before the game...I told him something like "Listen, Cy, I don't care if it's 1973 or 2019 or 2036 or whatever, someone pasted a 60 on your card, your last name isn't Young, you're still a goddam good pitcher and you know how to close out a game. What happened yesterday happens. If you get the call tonight, you're going to get the job good done."

The 2nd game went 2-1 into the bottom of the 9th and Cy came on. David Cone had pitched a great game & Cy closed it out for him looking like a completely different pitcher. He got the mighty Angels 1-2-3.

Sorry, Tommy John. John pitched a helluva an important 5 or 6 inning bridge in relief between the time Acosta blew game 1 & Concepcion finally put it to bed.

Gardner quietly did his job during the 2-game series.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-26-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:32 PM   #55
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Exclamation

25 runs on 41 hits & the day after. Go figure.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 07-26-2019, 12:34 PM   #56
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

The next set of subs are an '80s Johnny Franco (Reds), & Sal Bando.
I'm kind of busy with other things.

Later!

Old 07-28-2019, 01:09 AM   #57
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

2036 Flyers

Here's the complete list of players who played this season. 109 cards were used for the simulated season in all.

Pitchers
Jacob deGrom
Rob Dibble
Mariano Rivera
Christy Mathewson
Johan Santana
David Cone
Sandy Koufax
Roy Halladay
Dwight Gooden
Tim Lincecum
Pedro Martinez
Aroldis Chapman
Johnny Vander Meer
Hyun-jin Ryu
Zack Greinke
Gerrit Cole
Clayton Kershaw
Tiny Bonham
Felipe Vazquez
John Smoltz
Tex Carleton
(2 or less games
Cy Acosta
Frank Funk
Bob Friend
Charlie Kerfeld
Jon Matlack
Andy Messersmith
Joe Nuxhall
Wes Ferrell
Jim Abbott
Tommy John
Oliver Perez
Bob Gibson
Jeff Reardon
David Price
John Franco

Position players
Lou Gehrig
Jackie Robinson
Shoeless Joe Jackson
Joe Mauer
Roberto Clemente
Mike Schmidt
George Brett
Robin Yount
John Olerud
Willie Mays
Fred Lynn
Francisco Lindor
Mickey Mantle
Kirby Puckett
Gary Carter (x2)
Pete Rose
Willie Stargell
Dave Concepcion
Joe Morgan (x2)
Bryce Harper
Ichiro
Keith Hernandez
Lou Brock
Ozzie Smith
Carlton Fisk
Charlie Gehringer
Yogi Berra
Tim Raines
Lenny Dykstra
Juan Gonzalez
Jeff Bagwell
Dave Winfield
Joe Sewell
Max Muncy
Tony Gwynn (x2)
Howard Johnson
Ernie Banks
Merv Rettenmund
Matt Williams
Yoenis Cespedes
David Wright
Darryl Strawberry
Eddie Yost
Sal Bando
George Foster
J.T. Realmuto
Mookie Betts
Bobby Knoop
Roy Sievers
Darren Daulton
Joe DiMaggio
(2 games or less
Carlos Beltran
Albert Belle
Brett Gardner
Eddie Mayo
Mike Gallego
Adrian Gonzalez
Reggie Jackson
Derek Jeter
Charlie F Berry
Craig Biggio
Rod Carew
Bo Jackson
Tony Perez
Vinny Castilla
Tommy Holmes
Lou Klein
Kaz Matsui
Francisco Mejia
Mule Suttles

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-28-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:15 AM   #58
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

The group finished 91-71, 1 game shy of the playoffs. We won our last 3...I was hoping that would force a play-in but the Thundering Herd won their last 3, too. I predicted a little drama WAY at the beginning of the season. Here's how our conference/league ended up.

Playoffs should be a doozy by the way.

Ferrets 118-44
Cowboys 110-52
Wolfpack 108-54
Either Mud Hens 93-69 or Thundering Herd 92-70

vs.

El Torros 125-37
Battling Bonsai 120-42
Biscuits 104-58
Either Revolutionize 110-52 or Geshden Grizzlies 94-68
Attached Images

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-28-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #59
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Team Figures

Offense
Batting Average .253 (8th in conference)
On-Base Pct .331 (5th)
wOBA .324 (6th)
Slugging .411 (7th)
Total Runs 781 (5th)
Total Hits 1426 (7th)
Extra-Base Hits 519 (5th) (HR 170, 6th)
Walks 622 (4th)
Struck-Out 1414 (13th)
Stolen Bases 146 (5th) (Caught 82 times)

Defense
ERA 3.98 (5th in conference)
Runs allowed 693 (6th)
Hits allowed 1404 (8th)
Batting Average allowed .248 (6th)
BABIP (.297) (8th) *-under .300 at least
HR Allowed 154 (6th)
Walks allowed 476 (4th)
Strikeouts 1337 (5th)

When I get a chance, maybe right now, I will post some interesting-ish ?individual stats for the team with over 100 players.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:41 PM   #60
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

So I kinda set the regulars in at the beginning of the week. Something close anyway, to what I was playing before the experimental 2036.

On the good news front the team is playing well (.614) and in 1st place.

On the less good news front I had mo fun last week... and sometimes I can't remember exactly sort of who I want to not experimentally sub in (like who is even on my team)...I mean, I can name the players but at different points, I could kind of keep track of exactly what the *Options* were as far as starters, bullpen, lineup, positions. I've pretty much stuck with my best player(s) at each position so far this season & I've mostly been a bit surprised by the offense at times...scoring as much as they do...put up 25 runs one game, got that Pounding achievement....because although it's my best players the lineup doesn't look ideal to me. The pitching has kind of over-performed too but only to the extent that this season has been very unusual in that it's been predictable. I play well against teams I match up well against and get beaten against the teams that I don't to this point. That has not been the case for many of my seasons. Like all my wins are against teams with worse records than mine and all my losses against teams with better. That's only a slight exaggeration. I'm probably 50-15 against teams with worse records than mine and 5-20 against teams with better records than mine or a bit worse.

So the playoffs are a real possibility again but if that trend continues, it's another early exit.

See how it goes...I did have some fun Mon-Wed to be honest, a lot of the games had little interesting tidbits that I enjoy but I'm ready to vacation and let auto-pilot take over for 5-10 days at some point in the near future, probably all the substitutions last week. I just looked over the list. I did pretty good even though they came up a game short of the postseason.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 08-01-2019 at 03:47 PM.